Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - January Challenge!! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bethany- Sorry to hear the living situation isn't going well. You will definitely be in my prayers for a search for a new and better place to live.

Abby- Those are long days for sure, but you are doing great! Keep up the good work :) Having a running buddy always seems easier to me as well, hope you have fun with your friend at the gym!

Meag- You are a very busy girl, and I am sorry you and Tyler are in a funk. Maybe have a chat with him? I am not good with relationships, but I know its frustrating when you can't seem to get anything done because you feel obligated to do other things. We all need our "me" time, and you certainly shouldn't have to sacrifice sleep to get that. Hope the rest of the week picks up for you, and glad you are getting some lunches in at work!

Lisa- I am in your same boat about not eatting enough. I am not a meat fan myself (eat it on ocassion), but I have found making protien shakes in the moring with whey protien, a banana, and peanut butter have really been helping. Then I try and pack almonds, and avocado in my lunch to give me a little more protein. I used to stick around 1200, but now that I have gone up to 1500, I feel a lot better in my workouts. Try adding in a few more snacks of fruit or veggies and you'll get those extra few cals in.

cynthia- Oh you will have to tell me how scary that movie is! I am not sure I have the guts to see it lol Congrats on going back to school, keep us know how you like the program through the semester. That is great news about the bootcamp, and possible job in the future with them! Good luck with the resume polishing, that is never a fun thing to do, but also exciting at the same time :)

megan- Glad to hear you and the baby are happy and healthy!

emily- Wow, I am sorry to hear that date didn't go so well, but I agree with you, no paying with a giftcard on the first date/first meeting. But sounds like you had a fun rest of your evening, and I can't wait to hear about bachelor #1! He sounds very sweet, and you deserve nothing less!

mochachip- Sinus infections are the worst! Hope you get feeling better soon.

TiffTerry- Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Don't work out with a fever, you'll end up worse off, it sucks and I know its hard to rest when you have been so dedicated, but let your body rest, and try to get a walk in or something light once the fever breaks. Hope you feel better soon!

AFM: Wow lot of action this month, and that is great! I am still doing Insanity, finished day 10 of the workout program this evening. I have been playing around with calories and I think I am going to up them a few hundered, I need the extra to sustain these workouts, and I feel better on the days I eat a little more. We went out for my assistant managers going away party last night, I got a beer and fajita's, not terrible in my book, counted them in my calorie log, and it was nice to relax and kick back with a beer.

I go to that theater convention thing this weekend and ughh, i should be more excited about it but alas I am not. Infact, I really don't want to go at this point. My design isn't as perfect as I would like it to be, and I am in no way looking forward to being in a church van for 8hrs with people are just sort of know. These people don't even know what a vegetable is...they eat fast food ALL DAY LONG! And they smoke....alot. Not only do I not want to sabotoge my diet, but I have never had the stomach for that lol, I am packing a few non-perishable snacks in my bag to bring for the trip in hopes I can get away with not having to eat too much fast food.

Anywho, hope everyone has a good evening, and i will post again before I leave :)
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Abby here is the recipe!!

4 large green bell peppers
    1 cup of cooked brown rice/or quinoa
    1 lb 93% lean ground turkey (I used 99/1 Jennie-o recommend 93% though!)
    2 garlic cloves
    1/2 cup chopped onion/or shallots
    1 can diced tomatoes (with italian seasoning is better)
    tomato sauce - enough to cover the bottom of a casserole dish
    2 tbsp canola oil/or spray
    salt and pepper to taste
    Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
    Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place in a casserole dish - the bottom of the dish should be covered with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
    In a pan, add canola oil and sautee the onions until translucent (5-7 minutes). Add minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the ground turkey and brown.

In a large bowl, combine the cooked ground turkey, brown rice, and diced tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Scoop mixture into each bell pepper half.

Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. If desired, uncover, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, and bake an additional 5 minutes.

I used canola spray and skipped the tomato sauce step accidentally and instead of brown rice I used Quinoa! It came out yummy I also only cut the top part of the bell pepper vs right in half but you can cut it anyway you'd like and instead of onions I used shallots!

My training is going ok so far just started this week and doing the 10 week plan with very little modifications Im keeping the same sequence if you're interested Im reading this book just started last night actually, called " Marathoning for Mortals" gives you tips on running 1/2 marathons check it out you can skim through the book since you are limited with time. I have a friend thats signing up for the half Im doing also but not till the 15th which Im hoping will still be ok since the race Im doing is a small one not a big well-known race! I hope she does join me, and that will be great if your friend can run with ya. My question is if she does are you running together the whole time, because I did that for the 10-k with this same friend that might join me and I think she could have flown right by me but instead stayed at MY pace. Just curious cause I might tell her to do her own pace so she does't feel obligated to run with my slow *kitten* lol!

Meghan The movie wasn't too scary it was a bit too much gore for my taste but I would recommend the movie it's pretty short! Thanks I feel like I'll never be done taking classes but I do enjoy more when it's something of interest! Awesome job on the 10th day of insanity, Id up my calories too if you're consistently doing those workouts! Maybe when the weekend comes up you'll be more excited and maybe see that as an opportunity to get to know some new folks and definitely bring lots of healthy snacks since your options will most likely be limited!

Welcome new *kitten* kickers!! :happy:

AFM I posted this morning but a short recap of my crappy goes like this... Didn't workout in the morning but did take my clothes with me to run after work, had a tummy ache and headache probably from work stress and only managed to knockout 2.5 miles which is better than none! Did end up doing an awesome short 25 minute Vinyasa Yoga DVD from the Biggest Loser I picked up from the library, don't care too much for at home DVD's but I like variety and it gives me more flexibility with getting some cross training in plus I really liked my yoga studio but with training and many other things going on it has to be on hold for a couple months and basically have it fit 1-2xs per week! Other than that had a better day once I was home and plan to make a better one tomorrow, Im also getting off work 2 hours early tomorrow WOOHOO and a three-day weekend coming up that Im super stoked about! Well ladies I will either post tomorrow morning or later in the evening have great Thursday!! Cynthia :bigsmile:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Ok so i have *not* been great about posting here daily, which is what I try to do to keep up with all you fabulous ladies, but my life's been just way too busy for that this past two weeks. I will do my best to check in and respond to all your awesomeness tonight.

For now, I'll just give a quick selfish update. I skipped my gym workout yesterday in lieu of making protein brownies, scarfing down some dinner and then meeting up with friends for some much needed social time away from Tyler. I definitely need my own life and my own friends and to stop feeling like a 40 y/o married woman.

So I got up at 5am today :noway: and hit the gym for a 3mile pace run plus my weight lifting from yesterday. I ran my second to last 1/2 mile at 6.7mph and my last 1/2 mile at 7.0mph, which was a major push for me. Did some warm up and cool down walking, as well. Then I tackled some abs, chest press, calf raises, and the dreaded assisted pull-up machine. I will conquer it, I swear!

It felt good. Just under an hour, which was nice. Busy day at work today and tonight we're planning a big prep dinner - Thai mango salad and homemade rice paper rolls with shredded bbq chicken and raw veggies, with a homemade peanut sauce. I will take pics if possible and post because it's such a fabulous treat-meal but sooo labour intensive! Lots of very fine knife skills and wrapping rice paper rolls is a massive pain in the neck! Ah well - worth it! :bigsmile:

Welcome to the newbs that are still rolling in - Please, join in with your updates, how you're doing on your monthly goals, and whatever else you want to share! We're a totally open-book operation here and we'd love to get to know you.
    I'll be back later tonight when I have a few more moments. Much love, ladies. Keep rocking it! :heart:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meg - Its sounds like upping the calories will help you out!! If you feel more energy on those days you eat more then your body must need the extra fuel!! Try upping them for a few weeks and see how it goes. I had to up mine too from the measely 1200 that MFP keeps giving....no way I can survive on that everyday. Insanity takes a TON of energy, so I am sure you neeed more fuel for that!!! Good luck at your convention and hopefully you can stay some-what on track throughout it!!

Cynthia - Thanks so much for the recipe....I have always loved stuffed peppers but I have never tried making them. But I just picked up some jennie-0 93% yesterday....so I may be trying it tomorrow!! Sounds so yummy. And glad that the start of your training is going well. Because my time is streched a little thin...I am doing a longer length training program. I have till the end of april to prep anyways. But I still sticking to the 12 week plan as close as possible, mainly just switching the rest day to thursday and doing some things on the treadmill when its late at night. And I dont know if we are running together or not yet. She started running just 2 months ago...but is up to 6miles now. She runs a little slower right now, but we will see when its gets closer to the time. We are going to do a few trail runs together to see what our pace is like!!

Meag - Its great that you got some time away from Ty to hang out with friends and de-stress for the relationship situation!! And kudos for getting up early and doing your run!! I still struggle with that and end up running at 10pm most days. Someday I will be able to wake up earlier...that may be a goal one month. And definately add a recipe for that peanut sauce...I would love to know how to make my own (I always buy it)!!

AFM - Sooo excited to finally have tomorrow and Saturday off. Friday will be my longer run day, with a 6-7 mile run planned. I also had a good time at the gym. I liked getting some cardio done on the elliptical instead of just running. I like the strength training on my days off from running, but I also need some kind-of cardio to also get in the higher calorie burn!!
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Meag I soooo agree you need your own friends and some time to yourself, well if your the kind of girl that is more independent which of course you are and so am I! Must be the Sag in us lol, but hanging out with friends is so nice to just have coffee, dinner, go running or out for the night, I like doing girls night out at least once every 6 weeks or so which reminds me one should be planned pretty soon! Great job with your pace you're a fast lil runner aren't ya! smoke my *kitten* for sure lol, sucks we don't all live closer I would definitely be inviting myself over for some of that awesome food you're probably enjoying as I type, recipe please I just had peanut sauce with my spring rolls monday and it was of course bought!

Abby No prob for the recipe just tweak it however you want! Glad you have the next couple days off, you're such a hard worker and have a tough job too, geez just standing on your feet that long for that many hours is tough add work to that forget it lol! Hope you and your hubby do something fun and enjoy your long run tomorrow! I really like my XT days too and use them for weight training but I have that same issue I want a higher calorie burn so Im doing at home yoga dvds not too bad either!!

AFM I got off work 2 hours early as I had mentioned above and boy did I need them! Plan to apply for more jobs tonight after dinner and was going to weight train and do yoga but tomorrow is my rest day so I think I will do it then since my friend wants to come over and have a session of weights and yoga at my house, so I will put it off till tomorrow so much for a rest day but Im sure Monday will be a rest day since it's a holiday and Im off! Did my first tempo run today and I was a bit confused as to what it was exactly but ended up going to a track because I can not help but look at the time on the TM every 2 minutes and my time draaaaaags! Completed a sort of challenging 5 mile tempo run it was freaking freezing, I live in Ca so Im sure its not really that cold but for it being 30-35 degrees that freezing here but believe it or not at mile 3 I was running in a tank cause I was sweating!! Im sure the bundled up people on the track that are walking thought what the hell is this crazy chick doing lol! Don't like running on the track either actually hate running in ovals but it's dark until 7am and i have to be done with my runs early so the trails are out of the question they're creepy running alone before the sun comes up, had my share of scares! Thats it for me until tomorrow have a great Friday ladies!! WOOOHOOO FRIDAY!! :bigsmile: Cynthia!!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Recipes for the night...

Thai Mango Salad (Serves 4)
    2 green mangoes, sliced and julienned
    1 large red pepper, julienned
    1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup fresh cilantro

Dressing (whisk together the following - use half and store half for later)
    2 Tbsp lime juice
    4 tsp fish sauce
    1 Tbsp sugar
    1 Tbsp vegetable/canola oil
    1 tsp chili garlic sauce (spicy!)

Very light and sooo tasty! Can serve it sprinkled with some chopped cashews or peanuts too.

Spicy Peanut Sauce

5 Tbsp Natural PB (75g)
    2 Tbsp lime juice (1oz)
    2 Tbsp less sodium soy sauce
    1-2tsp sriracha, to taste (i like a kick!)
    1-2 tsp honey (optional - I don't use any sweetener)
    1/4cup-1/3cup water, to desired thickness (just add a little at a time)

Whisk it all together. Its about 30calories per tablespoon, I'd say, but it's all a guess really. I'd say it makes a little less than 1 cup of sauce... I don't reaaaaally measure :blushing: It's way too good to measure!

Fresh Spring Rolls with Grilled Chicken (per 2 rolls)

4 rice paper rolls
    20g or so of shredded grilled chicken
    1 piece of leaf lettuce
    15grams each julienned cucumber and carrot slaw
    bean sprouts and fresh cilantro to taste

Soak one rice wrapper in water until soft, then layer leaf lettuce, cucumber, carrot slaw, sprouts, and cilantro. Top with shredded chicken and wrap tightly. Soak a second wrap and re-enforce neatly. Repeat with the other half of the ingredients, dip and enjoy!

We made 20 of these suckers, and 2 rolls with 1/4 of the mango salad was plenty! Of course, I ate a third roll because I was famished and had some brussel sprouts as well, but that's because I'm a freaking food MACHINE.

Cynthia - It's so nice that you have your girls nights out! I don't have any girlfriends at all, honestly. All my friends are men, and even then they aren't very close friends at all. I have not devoted enough time the last 2 years to fostering and maintaining friendships and it's really starting to show. I need to get back at it but it's very hard to make friends at my age and with my schedule. It's never easy, but I find right now it's a big struggle. Just have to stick with it. As for my running speed... I was a TURTLE when I started! My 58 y/o mother ran faster than me ... Much faster! :blushing: I never thought I'd run a 10:00 mile, and the last time I checked my 10:00 was my recovery pace! you'd be so surprised at how quickly your body will respond to speed work. Just keep doing it and you'll see mega results. If you're tracking your pace and progress, over 6 months you will see HUGE improvements. You're already kicking so much *kitten* - I just know your body is going to respond really well to training :bigsmile: All in due time lady.

Abby - Running at 10pm?!! Jeez - I should be the one that's impressed! I could *never* find the motivation to run that late! Glad you got some time in at the gym and wishing you the best on your long run tomorrow. Hope the weather cooperates and you rock your run. I'll be resting and thinking of you :wink:

Meg - No lunch today, and worked late again, but at least I got in a break yesterday! That's something! Love that you have upped your cals. 1500 a day sounds very reasonable to me and girl, I LOVE my chocolate protein shakes. What an awesome breakfast :bigsmile: If I didn't love oats sooo much I'd switch. Maybe I should have that tomorrow instead... Hmmm But it's so cold and my oats are so taste-y, warm and delicious... Decisions! also happy to hear you're sticking with insanity and enjoying it. I'm so proud of you! Not sure I could keep it up 10 days in a row. How are you enjoying it? Do you like the actual program? And does it account for any rest days? I'm very curious :huh:

Ok I need to get my butt in gear and get ready for tomorrow! It's alread 9:30pm and I feel as though I haven't accomplished anything but making dinner tonight. Sheesh! Have a splendid night ladies. I'll be weighing in tomorrow AM and just hoping to stay around the same. Wish me luck as the scale and I have not been the best of friends lately.

I'll update y'all tomorrow morning. Ciao! :heart:
  • npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in in a while ladies, I'm looking forward to reading this thread tomorrow and catching up! Keep it up everyone!
  • Eufy
    Eufy Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey all. I know it's a week into January already but I was wondering if I could join the group? I'm trying to stop my binging habit for good and lean out. I've gone 11 days without binging so far so I'm doing well.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Alright I have made a couple of decisions-

A) I desperately need to actually keep up with this thread because of how much I miss you ladies, and so I’m going to make it happen no matter how tired I think I might be

B) The gym is my friend and I have been quite rude in ignoring it, so its time to make it happen again if for no other reason then I know going to the gym will give me more energy

So that’s my plan and I might as well start with A right now :)

Welcome to all the newbies! This is an amazing group with lots of strong, beautiful women, who kick *kitten* all the time! I hope you learn as much from them as I have in the year I have been a part of this group.

Meag-YUMMY! Those spring rolls sound amazing and I sure do love me some thai food! Saw you dropped some serious lbs this week- I wonder what it is that is causing you to drop so low. I saw your post about your scale and I would bet it is a little off and maybe you are dehydrated a little. To check your scale weight a gallon of water- I believe it is suppose to weigh 7 lbs. That would give you at least a good quick check to see if your scale is acting up.

Cynthia- You need those rest days girl! But I guess transitioning one workout to another day will be ok. Great job on doing the tempo run even though its on the track. I have been looking into what kind of workouts I need to do so that I can run faster. Obviously I can’t actually do those workouts yet, but once I have the baby I really want to work on improving my mile time. In the beginning I was just happy to be able to run a mile, now its nice to work on running on faster! Look at us turning into quite the running machines!!

Abby- Yeah day off from your crazy work schedule! I don’t know how you do it! Great job on working in other types of workouts- I like mixing it up but sometimes its just easier to do what you know so kudos to you.

Alright ladies that’s all I really have time for right now. I will catch up more later tonight! It feels good to be back :)
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Posting early since most likely I will not have a chance tonight!

Meag Thanks I have been keeping track of my time and I already see improvements I remember at first being happy A. to be able to jog and B. for the mile to be completed in under 12 minutes, depends where Im running and how the weather is I can do about 10-11 minutes running comfortably but have ran a mile in 9:25 but thats not something I can do for 13 miles. Thanks for posting your recipe and congrats on the loss even though there might be a glitch on the scale at least you know if anything you didn't gain weight so thats a plus!! :happy:

Bethany Nice to see ya back! Rest days are super important still trying to figure out my schedule and what will work modifying my training plan but keeping the same sequence! Hope you're able to get in some gym time or even a nice walk with the hubby!

AFM I have some weights and yoga planned for tonight after work then having some hot cocoa with my cousin and another friend late tonight hoping today is a smooth ride cause Im dreading going in to work but happy that I've applied at several jobs and hope to hear from at least one sooner than later and it's also a three day weekend! Happy Friday the 13th ladies make your Friday awesome! Cynthia! :bigsmile:
  • Eufy
    Options
    I ended up binging last night. After 11 days of not doing it. My dad brought home my favorite chocolates as a treat for me. And I couldn't say no. so I had like two of them (very small chocolates). But I have this all or nothing mentality and I started binging on healthy stuff after that. I had apples, cottage cheese, way too many almonds, quiche, ... and probably some other stuff I can't really remember. It wasn't as bad as some of my other binges but my daily calorie total was over 2,000 yesterday! :[

I was so upset with myself last night but I'm trying to move forward today. The only good thing about yesterday is that I lifted at the gym and ran 20 minutes on the treadmill. So at least I got some exercise in and didn't just sit on my butt.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hey *kitten*-kickin' ladies,

Cynthia- Here's to hoping for one of those applications to come through. Kick some butt tonight, and enjoy the hot chocolate. Ride through the workday.. You'll get something else sooner or later with all the applications you've turned in.

Graham - The gym is your friend.. Get back in the ring. You've got this.

Eufy - Jump on in, we don't bite.. Much. Keep up the hard work, it's hard the first few weeks.. But once you get into working out, you find it a lot less tempting to binge after all the hard work you put into your body.

Meag - That made me hungry, even after eating a good lunch. Both sound good, appetizing and good for you. I may have to steal that recipe off of you.. Good luck with your weigh in - And remember if you're doing weights, that a extra pound or so may not be such a bad thing.

Abby - You are one heck of a work out machine. Keep kickin butt.

Meg - Insanity sounds.. Insane. But fun - Is it a large group work out? Good luck with that theater convention. Sounds like you're playin it smart by taking your own snacks.. I'm sure you know several fast food places also have some 'better for you' options then a big mac.

I had one of my off days for working out yesterday, but still fought the snow outside for about 20 minutes or so walking to work.. There's never a break. Came back to my hometown this weekend for the last weekend before Spring semester starts up. It's hard to believe in a few days I will be a senior.. Exciting.

Today I almost didn't get to work out. I let our two dogs outside, and told my brother who was half awake and half asleep on the couch to let them in when they were ready. Drove to the fitness center, and texted him.. No answer. Called the phone about 10 times, no answer. Since I didn't want frozen dogs, drove back home (15 minutes) and let them in. They jumped on him as I left. :)

Not giving in, I drove back to the fitness center and exercised for about 80 minutes: 45 on weights, 35 running/walking. Drove home in the snow feeling accomplished, and rewarded myself with a bowl of Campbell's Chunky Chicken Potato Broccoli Soup. Studying for the rest of the night for my big test on Thursday.

-Emily
  • Eufy
    Options
    Emily,

Thanks for the welcome. I already feel like a total fail whale because I binged last night. But I just need to move on and start fresh today.

That's great that you lift weights as well. Sounds like you had a really good day yesterday. Great! :)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Ahhh We had a meeting at work today at lunch time, which involved really expensive champagne.

Thank goodness binge drinking champagne is *absolutely* frowned upon... at work :wink:

Tonight's a Tyler night - he's making me dinner and we're just going to hang around. I hope it goes well but who knows. Today's a rest day and since I seem to have lost 2.3lbs this week (psht - no way that's accurate) I'm not overly worried about eating over my cals a bit today.

9miles on tap for tomorrow and then I'll catch up! Love ya ladies! Have a great Friday the 13th:bigsmile:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Cynthia - I have been going to the gym with my friend, so I do strength training and get on the elliptical fo a little extra calorie burn. And it still gives my knees and ankles a rest from running. Although I may try yoga sometime, I could use a good de-stressor!! Do you have any home dvds that are good....the gym doesnt have classes for yoga. And as I said, I made your peppers and we both loved them!! Topped them with some mozzerella cheese (just a smidge) and they were awesome!!! Them came in at 246 calories, which I thought was amazing for something so big and filling!! And agree that the Tempo runs are confusing, its hard to try to pace, I have been struggling with getting used to running at a certain pace, when I am used to just running however I feel like!!

Meag - Thanks for the recipes!!! I dont know that we have green mangoes here...would it work with regular mangoes?? And I really needed a good peanut sauce recipe, I always make one for these vietnemese style cold-noodle that I make. I will be trying that later this week!!! And dont be impressed by 10pm running, I worked night shift (7pm-7am) for the past 3 years, so I am way more of a night person. Even though I work days now and I need to get myself up earlier in the mornings!!!

Eufy - Yes you can join!! And congrats on not binging!! I am a binger too...so I know how hard that is!! I know you said you binged the other night, but dont beat yourself up over it....one night will not break you diet!!!

Meghan - I hope you re-kindle your gym relationship, but take it easy!!! And we havent forgotten you!! We will be here whenever you have time!! Your gonna be a busy momma soon!!!

Emily - Great job going back to the gym after having to go back home!! I probably would have given up and stayed home...so good for you!!! Amazing job on the long workout!!

AFM - I was a total sissy yesterday and bailed out on my longer run. We had 45mph winds and it was freezing so I just couldnt force myself outside. So I went to the gym....tried to do the longer run on the treadmill but got super bored after 4.5 miles....so I switched and got on the elliptical and did strength training instead. I just cant bear to do those longer runs on the treadmill!!! And today it is rainy and windy again, with possible snow coming, so I cant get out on the trails yet again!! Going to run at home on the treadmill, trying for 6 miles today (if I can survive the boredom)!! And eventually I will "man-up" and get outside in the freezing cold, but I need a little more cold-weather running gear first. I dont even have a jacket other then a pea-coat!!
    I did have a nice night out last night a local brewery with the hubby and some friends. Enjoyed 2 beers and sweet potato fries then some ice-cream!! I had a larger calorie burn yesterday, so I did manage to stay under but I still feel quilty about the late night glutoney!! But had a good time none the less!!

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend!!!
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Posting early since most likely I will not have a chance tonight!

Meag Thanks I have been keeping track of my time and I already see improvements I remember at first being happy A. to be able to jog and B. for the mile to be completed in under 12 minutes, depends where Im running and how the weather is I can do about 10-11 minutes running comfortably but have ran a mile in 9:25 but thats not something I can do for 13 miles. Thanks for posting your recipe and congrats on the loss even though there might be a glitch on the scale at least you know if anything you didn't gain weight so thats a plus!! :happy:

Meghan Nice to see ya back! Rest days are super important still trying to figure out my schedule and what will work modifying my training plan but keeping the same sequence! Hope you're able to get in some gym time or even a nice walk with the hubby!

AFM I have some weights and yoga planned for tonight after work then having some hot cocoa with my cousin and another friend late tonight hoping today is a smooth ride cause Im dreading going in to work but happy that I've applied at several jobs and hope to hear from at least one sooner than later and it's also a three day weekend! Happy Friday the 13th ladies make your Friday awesome! Cynthia! :bigsmile:

Put Bethany instead of Meghan oops
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Abby I don't have any bought DVDs since this is the first time trying yoga at home but I did go to the library and borrowed some DVDs. I got the "Biggest Loser" yoga one it has 3 levels they are all short and pretty good, level three includes weights and also a power yoga dvd random dvd, tried it (BL dvd) yesterday with weights and I must say it's challenging! but I'd check some out at the lib. and see if you like the dvd I think they work just as well and it changes up the running routine! Your welcome for the recipe glad you and the hubby enjoyed them I had added mozzarella cheese too :wink: BTW 45 mph winds is no joke we don;t want ya blowing away :) I wouldn't run in that either seems like it would mess your form up lol. But hey you still went to the gym and knocked out 4.5 miles and di some strength not sissy @ all! I bought some base layer compression shirts from Target for 16-20 bucks that are fleece and wick away sweat I always wear that when I run the AM with my light sweater over also fleece or alone since I know I will get hot and just have to suffer for 10-15 minutes while my body warms up. Hope yo have a not so excruciating run on the TM I know how torturous that can be. Could you watch a show or something to distract you or blare some music? Glad you had a nice night with your hubby and sweet potato fries are not bad at all, plus you worked hard and still had calories left for your well-deserved ice cream I wouldn't feel guilt!

Meag Hope your day with the Ty man was great! Good job kicking some *kitten* and running in the freezing cold, surpassing your 9 mile marker and having great pace man your a trooper!! :flowerforyou:

Moochachip (Emily) My hot chocolate date night with friends was a huge FAIL, might have some today though and thanks I hope I get another position sooner than later. That sucks that you had to drive 15 minutes back home to just to let your pups in I would have done the same thing except Im not sure I would had drove back to the gym lol so Great job going back and having a great workout!! :happy:

AFM I ended up not doing weights last night couldn't do it just oouldn't but I did manage to try the 30 minute yoga dvd with weights so at least i got something in, this morning was awesome I ran a short distance but it wasn't a running day todays my easy 30-45 minute OR XT day so I decided to do both and ran one of my 4 miles in 8:41 which is incredible I was surprised, maybe my watch was wrong lol JK but after that I had my 60 minute bootcamp class and I have a feeling I might be sore tomorrow, those kettle bell swings and rows, and burpees/pushups are no joke. Made my usual saturday banana chocolate protein pancakes that are super easy and filling! Other than that I was checking out the hungry girl website and might try and make some chili dogs or chili, hope I don't get lazy lol hope you ladies have an awesome rest of the weekend!! Cynthia!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey y'all! Happy Saturday! I have loads of selfish garbage to update with about running, relationship stuff, etc. But instead I'll just reply to all your fabulousness for now. Enough about me! Of course, I'm sure I'll end up talking more about me than you in the below, AS ALWAYS, but I'm trying!

Cynthia - Very cool that you are trying Yoga DVDs from home. Yoga is such a great workout for the body and mind! I've never done a DVD before but I used to take power yoga classes and they were soooo good for finding that quiet space where you can just focus on the pose, focus on being still, and let everything fall away. Even if just for a few minutes, or an hour, or whatever. It's refreshing! And if you really focus and push yourself a little outside of your comfort zone, yoga can be a major challenge too. Very good for your strength, stability, posture, and agility. A coworker of mine was talking about HOT yoga the other day and it's got me REALLY interested. Anything that mimics the temperature of the Caribbean is fine by me! :laugh: Seriously! A 1 hour break from the bitter freezing cold? I'm in!

Thanks for all your support lately here, and on my wall - it really means a lot to me :bigsmile: I feel so fortunate to have you as a part of my journey! And I know you asked about my tattoo ages ago and I absolutely let it slip my mind. It's a lotus flower in grey-scale with the script "Love You To The Sky" around it... As a child my parents would always say that to me as they were tucking me in, and still write it at the end of notes or cards or emails. Just a touching reminder of family and love. Comforting and always brings me back home when I am feeling lonely or sad :blushing: And lastly - WTG on your freaking mile time, girl! One mile in 8:41 is awesome!! That's 7.0mph, if I'm not mistaken! Smoking! And definitely earned those protein pancakes :bigsmile: Which reminds me... I love protein pancakes! I should be making some soon!

Abby - Green mangoes = mangoes that just aren't very ripe yet. They are firmer and not quite as sweet. Any mango works fine as long as you can julienne it without too much difficulty! As for the night running - I'm a zombie by 830pm so I am totally impressed. I am such a morning person so kudos to you for making the most of your days. After 9pm I can barely function other than logging in here and catching up with you beauts! Did you try the recipes? Let me know! I am planning to share some more over the coming weeks, too. I need to get back to cooking! Don't bother feeling guilty about your choices if you had a good time and stayed under - You rarely eat that kind of food and your body will not freak out. It's all just part of the ups and downs. Everyone has those days :bigsmile: If you burned it, you earned it, and if that means treating yourself to beer and ice cream I say enjoy them! Doesn't happen every day!

Emily - My weight fluctuations are normal for me... a few pounds here and there, nothing new. I have been around the same weight for a year now and just maintaining, so no stress. But thanks for the support! I highly doubt I've gained any muscle at all in the short time since I started lifting. I'll be trying to work at it but will only see results over the long term. Baby steps :wink: 80 mins of exercise is one hell of a work out missy! You should totally feel accomplished for that! Sounds like you had a great day over all. Happy to hear it! Keep it up!

Megan - Great decisions. Love to see your positive attitude! The gym IS our friend and although its hard to get out there, you'll never regret a workout. Always gives me a jump in my step and helps me feel more energized and accomplished in my day. It's also great for women that are pregnant to get regular workouts in, as long as they aren't too strenuous. Also - WE MISS YOU TOO! So get back here :bigsmile: And stick with your plan! I love it! Think you may be right about the hydration. I am definitely making a concerted effort to drink loads more water. Could also just be my body reacting after the holidays and a return to normal food and drink. I am still eating plenty so who knows!

Npr - Catch up with us when you can! I know life gets hectic/crazy/busy - I hear ya! Just post whatever you can, whenever, and we'll be here to support ya! Even if it's just a short update on what you're doing, it's all good. There are no rules or expectations here :wink: It's all give and take when and where you can to make this thing work!

OK I'm going to run. I have a lot of decisions to make about the recipes I want to tackle this week. I am definitely trying to do more of the things I love when I can to make ME happy. Also aiming to finish my novel this weekend. Two big asks for a Sunday but I can do it! Wish me luck and keep an eye out for some awesome recipes tomorrow :bigsmile:

Happy Saturday!
    Meag :heart:
  • kaseaward
    kaseaward Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the group! I'm trying to lose about 10 pounds right now, and just be motivated to stay in shape. I'm trying to eat a lot less processed food (my mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and eating whole foods is a huge part of her treatment plan). So I'm trying to do that with her....I think the main goal is to follow through on a fitness plan for once! I feel like I always start and then give in when things in life get hard...so this group looks fun and I'd love to be a part! Still taking new members?

Thanks! :)
    Katie
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    Abby459 - Run 100 miles in January. Find a 1/2 marathon training plan and actually stick to it!! And for my weight, I guess I would like to be under 135 by the months end!!
    Corbinam - to complete the 30 day shred (which i started today), to drink very little pop (maybe even none at all), and keep logging my food and exercise here on MFP!!!
    ChocChipMuffin - keep logging my food and exercise on MFP, start and regularly go to pilates and yoga classes again, keep remembering to take vitamins (I always forget)
    Boolahboo- run 3 times a week, and complete the 30 day shred!
    SeeEmRun2012- maintain a consistent healthy eating pattern, loose one jean size before summer vacation, and run at least once a week (on top of working out 4 days a week)
    Meagalayne- Complete 5 weeks of training for the ATB 30K race, running at least 3x week with long runs on Saturday up to 11 miles, lift weights 2x a week + spin with CrazyCarl on Mondays, stop binging on holidays treats to cope with stress at work, and finish the novel I started in NOLA.
    lalonmeg000 (meg or meghan) - water, water, water! starting that Insanity, 6 days a week :), pack my lunches throughout the week! clean out my car every sunday
    tiffterry- run 2-3 times a week, add some yoga, go to bed a half hour earlier, and go for evening walks.
    missjessicann - Get out of the 150's, stick to month 1 schedule of Insanity, drink enough water, and getting into bed by 1am.
    missgolightly727(Emily) - Lose 5 pounds(which will FINALLY put me into the 150s!), run twice a week(lets try that again...), try something new, no sodas, post on this board more!!
    jlrushton12- Lose at least 5lbs, try (and stick to) 30 Day Shred, limit sugar (except from fruits), burn more calories than in December.
    mrswhitehair-Complete the 30 Day Shred, be able to complete the video with no stops & non-modified pushups! Limit pop intake (after I get into the swing of things with student teaching this month, I will set more challenging goals next month!!)
    nicalillo - work out twice a week and for weight somewhere below 120
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - Plan, plan, plan!! Plan my meals for the week! Drink my water everyday! Get in as many workouts as my life will allow. Stay on track! Keep reading!!
    naoblue - log all food and exercise on MFP & to make sure to stretch after each workout
    Jessie544- log all my food/excercise on MFP, lose at least 10 lbs, stick to cardio classes I've registered for at the gym....
    npryor100- do not eat 2-3 hours before bed, say 'no' to processed foods and desserts, complete weight/circuit training at least 3 days a week
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Train for my 1/2 marathon (March17th), continue weight training 3xs/week if possible fit in some stairs (hill) or other random workouts (hiking, mt. biking), keep hydrating properly, eat more protein, sleep more, give myself a full R&R day! Be more positive in my daily life/work life! Lose 2 pounds or lose some inches overall!
    USNGirlMel- Start working out more often, no late night binge eating, get into marathons! Lose 15 lbs. Plan my meals..... but i need friends and encouragement!!:)
    YLopez04 Continue to log every day on MFP, run 5 miles non stop out door, sign up for my first 5k!!!
    ladyjoie - log all my food in MFP, eat more fruit and veg, go on my crosstrainer 3x a week, lose 7lbs this month, do yoga or pilates twice a week.
    Maridelsol82-Drink at least 10 cups of water a day & exercise everyday. Even if its just a walk.
    mkingraham (Megan)- Actually hit up the gym, stretch everyday, eat healthier
    DDBeard - Workout (Zumba/Cardio/weights) at least 5 times a week. Do not exceed my calorie count 1 day. Eat fresh veg/fruits at least 2 times a day (just getting started and not a fruit/veggie person so this is a challenge for me). Survive my best friend destignation wedding weekend without breaking my diet (Jan 28)
    Ninjalis- workout 3-4 times a week consistently, logging food intake everyday and trying to maintain less than 1500 cals.
    stacyann1001 - cardio 3 times a week, yoga 1 time a week, learn how to use weights (dont laugh, i have no clue what to do with them), no cheese snacking while home!!!!! (this is my weakness, my most favorite food, i could sit on the couch and eat a pound of cheese and a box of crackers every night), be more positive mentally and emotionally and learn to appreciate my natural flaws
    PattyCake123- Workout on my off days from work as well as the days I only work 8 hour shifts. Plan my grocery shoping before I go. loose 4 lbs and get into one-derland (I'm 1.2 lbs away). Stay well hydrated, especially at work. Log all of my food and exercise daily. Maintain not eating fast food or drinking soda.
    Wrightstuff0- lose 5 pounds and to workout 3 times a week and start zumba class at my gym.
    Lindz625- Stick to my daily calorie goal. Exercise at least 5 times a week.
    AJones1021 - Pre-plan and pack my lunch every day for work. Log my food/exercise in to MFP every day! Continue to take Zumba/belly dancing class 2x a week at the gym.
    Leela 30 - weight train 3-4 times a week
    Miss_magzy - work out 4 times a week, get out of the 170s and into the 160s, drink lots of water and NO SODA
    LisaJuliette: burn 7000kcal a week. be 74kgs by end of Jan (79kgs now)
    maru84- Log my food every single day, even if I go over. Increase calorie awareness. Continue the steady decrease I've been seeing! (In the long term--> stick to my calorie goal with a little wiggle room for a cheat date night on Friday nights, and then increase my activity to make up for those extra calories on that cheat night!)

Great group! Thanks!!