Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - January Challenge!! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• Eufy
    Eufy Posts: 14
    Options
    Trying to get back on track. Stayed around 550 cal today. Hopefully can stay within 500-700 range again tomorrow (Monday).
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Morning Pals! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend - but ahhh get back here! The challenge rolls on! :laugh:

I'm just as guilty, actually. I've been online this weekend but somewhat busy with life stuff and just logging my food and exercising, trying to keep up with some friends, cooking up a storm when I can and tending to some obligations with Tyler and his family. I ran nearly 10miles on Saturday and it was a bit of a mess, but I felt good about at least getting it done. It's nice to know that I can run 10miles on a freaking cold Saturday without the pressure of a race to motivate me. Yesterday I conquered another challenge - getting to the gym knowing that I wouldn't be able to run or spin. Motivating for workouts that aren't running/spin is tough stuff for me. I just cannot get excited for strength work and cardio machines are just about the most boring thing I can imagine doing with my Sunday afternoon - but I did it! Kept things interesting on the elliptical with HIIT speed training and then did some arms, back and abs with the weight machines. Not a bad hour of my day.

I ended up trying out a new recipe from the BBC GoodFoods website, which I would highly recommend for recipe ideas. There is a ton of good stuff on there! I don't trust their calorie and macro counts, so I would enter the recipes in MFP regardless, but there are some good basic recipes that are "healthified" and great snack and dessert ideas too. You should check it out! http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/

Welcome maru to the group! Great to see your goals but it would be lovely if you introduced yourself, as well :bigsmile: I'd love to learn more about the new members of the group!

Eufy - 550 calories?!? I hope you mean 1550!! You should definitely be eating more than 550... :huh: Seriously now - no starving!

Katie - Absolutely!! Join in! Copy the list and post your own goals to the end - We're always excepting new members! The weekend has been slow around here (apparently) but things should pick up today :bigsmile: Join in!

Already girlies - off to work! I guess it's a good thing I didn't have much to catch up on because I'm all out of time :blushing:
    Have a great Monday...
    Meag:heart:
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!! Today is MLK Jr. Day here and no one is at work except me :( But that's ok! The only reason I am here is due to my girls weekend trip to Miami this weekend! We leave Thursday night and I didn't want to use vacation hours to take Friday off so I came in today instead. I sure am lucky my job lets me flex my hours like this, it helps me save up my vacation time for other things. Although I have only been here for 45 minutes and its hard to find the motivation to work when no one else is around. I have a big stack of papers in front of me that I need to edit and update so I am sure I will make the most of my alone time in the office- but its still hard to be motivated!

Hubby and I did some shopping for the nursery this weekend, and I am feeling the baby move more and more so it is definitely getting more real that I am going to be a mom soon! YIKES! I am sure it will be amazing but it is a littler nerve racking as well. We also managed to make it to the grocery store and buy some healthy stuff for breakfast snacks and lunch. We still need to decide what meals we are having for dinner this week and pick up those ingredients, but that's what tonight is for. I am really excited for this Miami trip! I need some warmth in my life! This 20 degree weather is killing me! BRR! Any ways, I guess I should make an effort to actually work since I am in the office and all :). Have a great day ladies!

Megan
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Meag Thanks for the kind words you have also been very supportive and inspiring to myself and many others, this group by far has really helped me out so much and makes me look forward to logging into this site daily! The tattoo sounds awesome, I officially made my mind up that i will be getting a tattoo next month as part of my one year journey into this newish lifestyle change, Looking into some ideas as Im not certain yet and NEED to make sure that it's what I want and where I want it to be.. Thanks for all your support and advice, I did kick some *kitten* running that fast mile lol, surprised myself really! Great job running those 10 miles in freezing weather, you know it's freezing if your hydration pack froze lol, have a great spin class with your Crazy Carl!!

Megan Just realized I spelt your name wrong confused it with Meghan on the last thread page #5! Too bad you have to be at work but great incentive since you will be in Miami that'd be motivating enough for me lol, glad every things fine with your soon to be little one, but I bet its nerve wrecking knowing you will be a mommy soon but you will be a great mommy and that baby will be lucky to have loving parents!! Keep us posted have a great day at work make the best of it keep in mind Miami in four days... :wink:

AFM I woke up sore yesterday and actually still a bit sore today but it's getting better, I did manage to knock out 11 miles in 2:10 minutes no too bad it was more of an easy-moderate run just super long. Our initial goal was 8 miles but we felt great and the weather was awesome so we decided to run a bit more, by far the longest I have ran. Have been sticking to my training plan so far but I decided to take a rest day from exercise today I can tell my body needs a full day of recovery! Didn't end up making my soup yet but plan on it either today or tomorrow, need to make enough leftovers for 2-3 days, want to experiment with some food/recipes today, other than that I have my usual catch ups to so laundry, cleaning and buy some things I forgot from my grocery shopping yesterday!! Thats it for me have the day off and plan to also apply at a few more jobs hoping I get something soon!! Have a great Monday ladies!! Cynthia! :bigsmile:
  • Eufy
    Options
    Monday today. I will walk the dogs and hopefully feel motivated enough to go weight ifting at the gym. I will try to cap today off at 720-ish calories. I had too much peanut butter earlier and I'm frustrated about that. Having it in the house is difficult because nut butters are one of my trigger foods for binging. I am not too concerned about my weight since I binged over the weekend and am probably carrying a lot of water weight from that. But, if I go to the gym today I will still check my weight.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Lovelies!! I feel like it has been FOREVER since I have gotten the chance to catch up with you wonderful ladies. Here goes nothing...

Meghan – congrats on keeping up with Insanity!! Once again, life has gotten the best of me and I do not have the proper time to devote to Insanity. But the good news is that I still have it and once things get settled again, I can give it a whirl. And I hope the convention turned out better than you had expected. And great job thinking ahead and packing yourself some snacks.

Cynthia – I don’t think I got a chance to comment on your new change of events in your life. That is awesome that you have decided to go into the “healthier living” field and even more awesome that you already have a potential job. I feel like I need to make a career change as well but it seems like once you get into the car business, you are stuck...like its a cult or the mob or something. We shall see. I’m only 30 and my life is not over so I would definitely like to look into options.

Meag – glad you were able to get in some time with friends away from Tyler. Personally, I want to be able to have my own friends when I get into a relationship. I think its important to have that time apart so that you can appreciate the time together that much more. And that dinner sounds so yummy!! LOVE your tattoo!! I have yet to get one but want to get something very meaningful to me. I may be 50 by the time I get it but I will definitely get one.

Megan – I think those are great plans and I know I definitely miss your input in this thread, as I’m sure some of the other lovelies do as well! How are you and that baby doing??

Eufy – welcome to the group!! Unfortunately, I have that same mentality. If I have made one bad decision for the day then I figure the day is already ruined so I might as well just eat like crap the rest of the day too. I am really working on changing that mentality because I am only hurting myself. However, I also did some binge eating myself on Thursday night. Luckily, I took the kids to Souplantation so it wasn’t nearly as bad as it could have been. But I felt horrible on Friday and it was almost as though I had a food hangover. It took me just about all day to recover.

Emily (moochachip) – great job sticking with your workout and heading back to the gym!! I used to tell myself that once I get it in my mind that I am gonna go to the gym then I have to follow through with it. Being tired isn’t an excuse either. It worked out for me most of the time but I am having a hard time getting back to that mentality. Hopefully soon!!

Abby – great job fitting some sort of workout in that fit better for you! And your food choices on your night sounds exactly like what I used to order when I would go out with my ex-boyfriend. Love me some sweet potato fries and he was a big beer snob so I slowly got turned into one as well.

Katie – welcome to the group!!

AFM...well ladies, thank you a ton for all of your prayers and good vibes sent my way cause the kids and I will be moving into a house the first weekend in February. We will still be renting a room but its more like 1 ½-2 rooms in one. We will be sharing the house with another single mom and her 5-year old daughter. But the kids have a huge backyard to play in and I’m back in the neighborhood/city I wanted to be in. I am much closer to work. I am sooooo looking forward to leaving our current living situation and get things started and settled. My current roommate is gonna send me over the edge though. She sent me a text last week that said I was no longer allowed to use the spoons and forks cause they have been disappearing. The place no longer resembles anything close to a home so I will be glad to get out of there.

Food and exercise have been ok. I am debating on going to Turbo Kick tomorrow night at the gym or just doing a video at home. I would much rather go to the gym but I really need to get some laundry done since I will be on my cruise this weekend which means I will need to pack for my daughter to stay with my aunt and myself. Another good thing about the new place is that it is just around the corner from my gym too...woohoo!! So even if I forget my gym bag at home, I can pick it up on my way.

Well lovelies, we are halfway through the month, how is everyone doing??

Quote of the day – “Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be.” ~Robert Brault
  • mw00087
    mw00087 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

My name is Mike (Hi!) - I am losing weight because I am walking my sister down the aisle, and I think it's fair that I look nice for her!

Two days after that, I fly out to Canada because I have started my own business out there!

It's a BIG year this year... it doesn't mean I want to be big though!!

I need as many people as they can to add me as a friend because I need all the support I can get! :)

Thanks Guys!!!

:)
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Posting the recipes!

Blueberry/chocolate/oatmeal protein Muffins!

Baking Powder, 1/8 tsp
    Flour - Whole Wheat Flour, 1/4 cup
    Oats - Quick One Minute Oatmeal, 1/2 cup dry
    100% Whey Protein Powder - Chocolate, 1 Scoop
    Raw - Egg Whites, 1/8 c White
    Blueberries - Fresh, 1 cup
    1% Low Fat Milk, 0.5 cup
    Olive Oil - Extra Light , 1 Tbsp or canola or vegetable oil works too
    White Granulated Sugar, 8 gram 2 tablespoons or any other sweetener
    Salt, 1/8 teaspoon

Makes 6 OR double ingredients to make 12

Mix dry ingredients first then the rest of the ingredients and whisk with a hand mixer together and pour into a cupcake/muffin pan, line with baking cups or spray the pan first. Bake @ 425 for 20-25 minutes! Enjoy!!

Calories 116
    Carbs 13
    Protein 7
    Sodium 76
    Fiber 2

Per Muffin

Banana chocolate protein pancakes

Raw - Egg Whites, 1/4 c White
    Banana Large , 2 Large Banana (the riper the better)
    100% Whey Protein Powder - Chocolate
    Optional - powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar
    Makes 2 servings (3) 5-inch pancakes each or 6 for one person! :bigsmile:

Whisk with a hand mixer for about 1-2 minutes, spray pan first (they will stick if you don't) cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes per side and enjoy

Nutritional Information PER serving (3 pancakes)
    Calories 201
    Carbs 33
    Protein 16
    Sodium 76
    Fiber 4

Hope you enjoy!! Cynthia :wink:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Good morning! and happy Tuesday! I've only got a minute before I have to get my *kitten* in gear but there's lots to comment on here, so I figured I've fit something in!

Cynthia - Those recipes look great and the protein pancakes are SO different from mine! I use oats, cinnamon, cottage cheese and egg whites instead and top with a warmed fruit salad and a drizzle of PB :blushing: Makes 3 huge pancakes for my too, but around 350-400 calories instead with the toppings. Great for a Saturday or Sunday morning though!
    IMAG0159.jpg

Bethany - Sooo happy to hear such great news on the house and moving front! Your current roommate sounds like a piece of work, as my mom would say! Sheesh! What a grade A jerk! Glad you and the kids have found a place that will feel more like a home - sounds like a much more positive environment for a healthy family unit :bigsmile: As for the tattoo business... Take your time and make sure you get something you'll love forever! Mine is very meaningful to me and I still love it (it's been 7 years now) but I can totally imagine having tats that I hate and mean nothing to me a year after I get them, and that just seems awful. Make sure you make it count because it'll be there FOREVA! :happy: Of course, I'm telling you something you already know! haha

Mike - Welcome! I hope you truly do keep up with the thread because this place is truly inspirational and will certainly help you stick to your goals. What do you have planned for the month of Jan ? We plan out our goals month to month here to keep them attainable and because it helps to set smaller goals against which to measure our progress. Of course, being fit and fabulous to walk your sister down the aisle is a fabulous goal too! When is the wedding? And where are you starting up a business in Canada? I live in the GTA and would love to know some more local "pals" ! There are very few of us Canucks around the forums here!

Eufy - Seriously... I need to keep pressing the issue here. Are you REALLY only eating 720 calories a day? Because that is NOT a healthy intake for someone of any size or activity level. Please be sure that you are following the basic guidelines set out by MFP if nothing else. If you're not sure, check out these handy links. They are a great introduction to weight loss and healthy living and I encourage everyone to take a peak when they have time:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/8977-your-body-s-thoughts-on-calories
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6832-eating-all-of-your-calories-bmr
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/9614-newbies-please-read-me
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

This one is also really instructive for those who need convincing when it comes to eating enough and fueling for workouts and the relationship between food, exercise and weight loss. It's just MATH: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173853-an-objective-look-at-eating-exercise-calories

Anyway! I just finished up with my bigggg *kitten* bowl of oats, getting ready for work and heading out. I'm running the 5 miles home again tonight and then hunkering down with a bowl or two of split pea soup and hoping to find some good travel deals for the first weekend in Feb :bigsmile:

Anyone know anything about Texas? Let me know! :heart:
    Meag
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Wow I havent posted in a few days and I have a lot to catch up on!!

Cynthia - Thanks my TM runs werent terrible, no TV in my basement, but I do blast some loud music!!! And congrats on the new mile PR...you watch wasnt wrong, you just rocked it!!! And then 11 miles in 2:10....that is freaking amazing!! You will totally dominate on your 1/2!!! Thanks for the recipes again....I will be trying those next time I have a morning off!!

Meag - No I havent tried the recipes yet, but they will be tried soon....I have a small fear of using rice paper....the last time I tried it was disasterous!! I make a smilar dish...but use rice noodles and top with shredded veggies, peanuts, cilantro, shredded chicken and peanut sauce. But your yummy recipe may have me convinced to try the rice paper again! And I will be checking out that bbcfood website you posted!! ANd your pancakes look amazing too!! I am always looking for higher protein breakfast recipes....thanks for sharing!!

Eufy - I agree, calories are wayyyyyyyy too low!! hope that was a mistake!!

Katie and Mike - welcome to the group!! we are happy to have you!!

Megan - I am soo happy that you guys got to start picking out things for your nursery...sounds soo exciting!! And feeling the baby moving all of the time, must really make you feel like its coming soon!! I know its probably scary too, but exciting at the same time!!

Bethany - Glad to hear that you found a place!! I am sooo happy for you and excited!! It sounds like you found it just in time!! I wouldnt be able to take that either! The new place sounds great for you and for your kids!!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I forgot to update for me

AFM - Well I have had to do a few TM run lately....mainly because I work 7am-7pm or 9pm and I am never home when there is sunlight. I only worry that using the treadmill will hinder my training...I hope not!! But for now, I am doing whatever I have to to get myself in shape...I even gave in and joined the gym (10$/month, how could I say no??) I am trying to give my knees a break and use the elliptical sometimes to XT. I am excited to have all of this new recipes to try out...I love to cook, but I am getting bored of the few healthier recipes that I have and I am afraid that I am not too creative when it comes to cooking!! Anyway, nothing else exciting going on, I guess that why I forgot to even update on myself haha!!
  • Eufy
    Options
    I am doing a combination of PSMF days combined with higher intake "clean eating" days. So, my calories range between 600-800 on lower calorie days and I usually take it up higher to 1.2-1.5k on weekends. It's true that my calories are low but I'm doing so in a safe way. I'm eating at least 1g/lb of protein from whole food sources a day (chicken breast, shrimp, lean meat, cottage cheese, crab, etc.) And then I'm making sure to get my essential healthy fat in from either fish, eggs, or raw almonds. I also make sure to eat leafy greens (spinach and steamed kale) every day along with celery, carrots, and some berries. Lastly, I salt my meat on PSMF days to make sure I am getting enough salt. And I drink plenty of water...

I am also supplementing with calcium-magnesium, zinc, vitamin c, and a B-compex to make sure I'm getting anything I might be missing out on during PSMF days. And on my PSMF days, I only do very minimal cardio (like walking my dogs) because calories are already low enough. And I weight train twice a week so that I can preserve LBM (muscle mass). On the weekends, I take my calories back up to 1.2-1.5k so that I give myself a break and eat more foods like fruit, grains, healthy fats, etc. I use the weekends to up my carbs and fat.

So, it's ok! everyone. I know what I'm doing, trust me. My calories are low but I'm doing this safely. I read many articles from this site --> http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/ <-- and I make sure I am taking care of myself.

This is day 3 of being bingfree. Yesterday I had 750 calories from chicken, almonds, spinach, green beans, wild-caught tuna, banana, cottage cheese, celery, almonds, and carrots. And I walked my dogs again yesterday. Today, I'm not sure how I will keep my calories. My family is going out to dinner tonight so I'm not sure what I will eat at the restaurant. I know that they serve steak so I can probably get a lean NY strip steak and keep calories at least between 800-1k today.

Again, thanks for the support everyone but I am doing fine! I came to this forum for support because everyone seemed very nice and willing to talk to one another. But I am not looking for any information on dieting. Thank you!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    The stress bug has bitten again, but I will go back tomorrow to catch up with everyone one. Just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello :)
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Read everyones post but it's 10 pm and still finishing laundry and want to get some reading done I will post tomorrow no energy left for tonight but Meag your pancakes look awesome I will experiment this weekend!! :yawn:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Morning my lovelies! :bigsmile:

Meg - The stress bug seems to be in full force for many of us! Come back when you find time :flowerforyou: We'll be here. Totally understand how overwhelming life can be sometimes. I hope you manage to take some time to decompress and find some peace and quiet :bigsmile:

Cynthia - Same to you! try out the pancakes my way and see what you think. I use 1/3 cup of oats, pulse in a small food processor to a coarse flour, then toss with a heavy sprinkling of cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Then I add 1/3 cup each egg whites and cottage cheese to the processor and blend to smooth. Mix it all together in the bowl and let stand for 5-10 minutes while I make coffee, clean my fruit and heat up the pan. Then I spray the pan and cook as you normally would. Cut up my fruit and toss it in the microwave for a minute or 2 to form a syrup and tada - breakfast for one! The macros are great, too. And super easy/cheap on the fly with no protein powder. You can sub the cottage cheese for more egg whites, greek yogurt, apple sauce, pumpkin, whatever you like but the cottage cheese is great protein and much smoother than a fruit or veg puree, IMO.

Warning!! - PSA - 700 calories is never enough to be eating regularly, for anyone, safely. I am very serious about this because it's really important that you get your facts straight. Not a single dietitian or health professional would advocate PSFM (?) days THAT low. A "low" day for calorie cycling should still be around 1100-1300 calories. If you are exercising, more. I am not sure where you are getting your information but you need to do some more research! 1200-1500 calories is NOT a high intake day! Please listen to me when I say that this is NOT safe -- Having lost ~75lbs and maintained my weight for about a year now, I like to think I have a fairly good idea how this works. And I've been around the block, I know my nutritional stats, and I eat well. You need to be eating more. End of story. Whoever may have advised you with that diet should not be working in the health industry... Please reconsider or at least be advised that eating SO little is not recommended, and certainly not supported by myself or a majority of the health and fitness community.

End rant. Scary stuff!!

Abby - That noodle-y peanut dish sounds yummy! I love asian food of every variety :bigsmile: Yum yum! Just tend not to make noodles at home. We've been cooking up a storm here lately and very happy to share our cooking experiments with you beauties. Let me know if you need any more suggestions. Sounds like you have a lot of options, but need to find the time to make them! :laugh: Good luck, girl! :flowerforyou:

Alright better get going... AFM, made it to the gym for 50 minutes today to do some recovery biking and a little weight lifting. Nothing major. Quads and shoulder today. The gym was PACKED and people need to get the heck off my machines - Weight loss is hard, give up on your resolutions, people!! :laugh: JK! Had a killer 5.26mi run home from work in the wind and rain yesterday. Really hauled the last 3 miles and got my HR way way up. Burned a ton and felt really good when I got home... Then I devoured dinner and made my amazing, delicious inside-out peanut butter cup cakes! Based on a recipe found on this awesome blog -- http://movesnmunchies.wordpress.com

MMMM! Alright folks. Have a great Wednesday! Let's just make it through the day :heart:
  • Eufy
    Options
    Anyone who has tired the "Dukan diet" (insainly popular now-a-days, I hear) has done a PSMF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_Sparing_Modified_Fast) ... It's very similar...

I have EDNOS and this is about as high as I am comfortable to put calories atm. I used to keep them much lower or skip days all together, so this is an improvement. Like I said, I came here for non-judgemental support ... not a lecture or to get yelled at. I get enough of that from my roommate. It doesn't help to yell at me. I understand that my calories are very low but I cannot raise them. It scares me too much.

So, I'm not looking for help to "get better" I simply wanted someone to talk to about my daily progress. But I guess this really isn't the forum for me.

Thanks anyway, everyone.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies and Gent!

I see I have missed some interesting discussion.

I don't have time right now to respond to everyone so I will keep it short and quick and selfish :) Heading out to Miami tomorrow night for a nice relaxing four day weekend in which I will most likely do some work.. boooo. This is all due to recent developments. So I am up for a pretty big promotion at work, and my boss said that after completing a presentation that our team does quarterly successfully I will receive said promotion. Now this did not cause me any anxiety or nervousness prior to today because a) this project is not complicated just big, and b) I know I deserve the promotion and so does my boss this is just a final step. Well today things got interesting. So the CEO, COO and CFO of my organization (which employess 7,000+ people) are now joining said presentation which throws in an entire new dynamic and makes me have to go back and rework the entire presentation to suite their knowledge level. I am hoping I only do a couple hours of work on the Friday and Monday I am down there since I have been busting my butt to get everything else in order since this new development. It just sucks that I couldn't have found out after my vacation because now I am worried I won't really enjoy it. Oh well, what can you do!

In other news, I had an ultrasound yesterday and the doctors say the baby is doing perfectly, in fact it already weighs 1lb 1 oz and I still have 18 weeks to go! So its a little bit big, but nothing wrong with that. Hubby and I aren't finding out the gender so it adds to the excitement. The wives tales are pretty split on if its a boy or a girl, all I know is everything is indicating we should have a perfectly healthy baby which is all I care about. I will probably not be around much this weekend, but since I will have my laptop, you never know!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Megan
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Cynthia- How are the jobs apps coming along? Seems like you are keeping up with the exercise. I know I can get so bored with dvd's but, they are a life saver for a hectic schedule.

Meag- haha I still might have binged drank the champagne, I am a sucker for that bubbly! and I just love your oatmeal obsession! It is so good, and you can fix it with delicious berries, and cinnamon! yyuummmmm :) Oh and with Insanity you get a schedule with the program that tells you which DVD to do when. The first month they are each about 45 min, the 2nd month I think it increases to an hour or so. You workout 6 days a week, sunday being the rest days. Thursday however is "cardio recovery" which is less intense and shorter DVD to literally recover from the previous days. I realllyyyyy...LOVE this program. It allows you to go at your own pace, but still lets you push yourself. I am sore, but not defeated, and I sweat but I don't pass out. It's good though, I really like it.

abby- Oh girl, I could never run outside in the cold and my cold is only like 40 degrees lol! Sounds like you had fun at the brewery, we all need breaks sometimes!

moochachip- Insanity is a dvd workout program, its by beachbody, same peeps that do P90x. It is very insane lol but a good insane and I have defiantly hit addiction. I am usually not one for workout dvd's, I find them boring mostly, but this one I love! Great job on still going to the gym even after having to drive back, I know I probably would have talked myself out of it, especially in the cold lol

megan- EEK! That is so exciting, what are you decorating the nursery in? Have fun in Miami!

bethany- that is such great news! WOO HOO!!!!! I am so happy for you and your kids. This is going to be such a positive change for y'all. And you can't use the forks? Really. Wow.

eufy- gotta agree with meag. No one is trying to lecture you, we just all want you and everyone else on here to succeed. Through trial and error a lot of us have been down the limited eating path and it simply just doesn't create long term results. Yes I have done the dukan diet, and yes I lost a nice amount of weight....and yes I gained it all right back and then some. I am sure you have done your research, and again no one is trying to harp on you we just want to see you happy, healthy, and safe :)

AFM: wow what a hectic week it has been. I hadn't post since last wednesday and so much has happened! Thanks for all the warm wishes, the theater convention went very well. I don't think any of us placed, but we had fun, I became closer to the group I went with, and all around had a good time....might have broken a few rules, got caught by the profs and drank a few beers lol, but it was fun ;) Theater kids are an interesting group, but this trip made me realize how much our profs care about us. I watch some school and they were so...idk stiff with one another, then looking at my group we are joking and laughing it up with our profs.

Insanity week 3 started and so far so good! I honestly already haven't had time to eat, even if I pack food, I am not eating enough...so working on that this week, but I am addicted to this workout plan so yay :)

Work suuuuccckkkkkkssssss. Got into it real good with the boss yesterday. She tried to blame me for the busy and hectic evening, and I told her off. We "made up" and there are no more "hurt feelings" but I am so tired of working there. I think she is finally understanding she is burning her bridges with everyone and the attitude she gets with us, just isn't going to work.

I already have homework due, so I better get off to do that, but I will check back in hopefully tomorrow, but for sure this weekend. Everyone have a great thursday :)

-meghan
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Thanks Abby I was impressed myself, loud music and basement that sounds great actually, I love blaring my music load when I do my weight training at home Im sure my neighbors think Im crazy cause I blast my music load and constantly yell at my cat (poor cat) whose name is Jack lol they probably think Jack is my boyfriend!! Your welcome hope you get to enjoy mine and Meags when you get a chance, I usually google mine tweak them then call my younger brother who is a sous chef in Denver for tips!! I don't create them all myself lol but I will pass more to you this weekend planning on making home made granola bars with dark chocolate!! btw excellent job with all your running considering the shifts you work and still managing to push through and knock out your runs TM or not great job. Im actually splitting my runs two on the TM two on the trail mainly because my interval runs and tempo runs are easier to gauge on the TM, keep up the great work!! :happy:

Meag Thanks Meag I will be trying your recipe with greek yogurt and microwaving the fruit that sounds delicious and very filling, don't care too much for cottage cheese but have some vanilla greek yogurt and honey greek yogurt that seems to compliment your dish! Thanks for posting the pic I hope mine come out as pretty as yours. I tried going on the site, is the website called "Hey Joob"?? Great job running in the rain and all, you're doing awesome, Did you ever sign up for that 30K I can't remember??

Meg Congrats on getting that promotion! I would really focus on enjoying myself because stressing over and thinking about it won't get you any work done anyway besides it'll be the babies first "vacation" he/she will want you to enjoy it :bigsmile: Not knowing the sex is great definitely adds some mystery and old wives tales are fun but as long as the baby is healthy will be all that matters plus IMO green is the best color!! :wink: Have fun and don't worry being connected to us disconnect and enjoy yourself as much as possible have safe travels let us know how it goes!!

MeghanThe job hunting is ok I haven't been putting too much effort and it shows no call backs lol well actually one for tutoring but they needed someone on the days I will be at school at night so I have to keep applying, and I agree the DVDs can be life savers for hectic schedules and so far so good with my training hoping to make my school/work/workout schedule fit in once that starts up again! Sounds like you had a busy time but nice to hear that you made some friends and had some fun with everything going on, and good job sticking to Insanity, how insane is it?? I heard it's tough!

Bethany Thanks I have been at a crossroads for some time but I really feel this is the direction I want to take and you definitely can do it if you decide to change things up we are all still pretty young! Good to know you will be getting out of that ridiculous situation, can't believe she would text you about UTENSILS who does that lol :noway: , she sounds pretty mature lol:wink: Did you end up going to Turbo kick, hope you got to do the dvd and kill two birds with one stone I had a ton of laundry yesterday too!! Thanks for the quotes, what site do you get these from??

Eufy I also agree with Meag and this group is definitely supportive and I know nothing about ednos other than just what I googled but it sounds like you are very aware of what you are doing and know it's not really "healthy" just my opinion it really sounds like your relationship with food is not too great and a lot of us on here diagnosed or not have issues and thats what brings us here, we would like your input and hope that you still want to be a part of this group. I think anywhere you go in life once you open up to something, constructive criticism will occur because although we are an open minded group we all have opinions and sometimes you are going to run into something you might not want to hear thats part of being open. But now that you have put on here you're not looking to "get better" you wanted this a place where you could vent which you can but you will encounter this even with another group/friends/family and people in general, just life, where not here to fix anybody, it's your life your body and Im 100% sure Meag was coming from a place of experience as well as concern!! Best wishes!! :flowerforyou:

AFM I had my light workouts today and did a short jog and some elliptical/stairs at the gym nothing too crazy. A bit sore from yesterdays weight training at home and hoping Im good tomorrow since I have my bootcamp in the evening. Made some chili last night and it came out pretty good just high in salt but tasty :tongue: Have a tempo run in the morning nothing too long I think it's 3 miles or so! Other than that hoping to get by tomorrow I can taste the weekend!! Have a great night ladies!! Cynthia :bigsmile:
  • mdollian
    mdollian Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    BUMP :)