40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Wow! Welcome to all the newbies. Great to have you on board. :flowerforyou:

I went for a quick snowshoe yesterday. Am so lucky, there are miles of trails, right out my back door - literally!
    Today went to the gym with my friend who is also a PT. She darn near killed me today. We do a circuit type of training in which we do cardio and weights. I huffed and puffed my way through the entire workout. :tongue:

Tomorrow is run day. :-) Love my run days. Big burns.:laugh:

Hope you all have a great night.:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Soo many new peeps!!!! Welcome!!!! Keep posting! Anything, goals, struggles, triumphs, questions, answers... love to hearing from all of you.

This weekend was not the greatest for me. Ate and drank too much compared to what I've been doing since the year started...I hope it doesnt become a trend. The good thing I lifted on Sat and this morning but no Zumba tonight since the center where I teach is closed for the Holiday. Tomorrow is another day and plan to get back on track...feel so bloated.

Have a great one!!! :flowerforyou:
  • arlene70
    arlene70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Turned 42 on New Year's Day... and my company added a "get active, get healthy" incentive component to our health insurance plan this year. So, thought I'd use my Not So Active membership on MFP to crosscheck my progress on that - and keep me doubly motivated!

Here's to a healthier 2012 and a few pounds lost in the process~~
  • kdub_nyc
    kdub_nyc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm 41, I've lost 10lbs so far on here, last I checked. Today I went clothes shopping and brought size 8 and size 6 pants into the dressing room with me. The sixes were too big and I could pull the eights off my body fully zipped and buttoned up. I am now a size 4! Pretty psyched about that.
  • trouse11
    trouse11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    sign me up!!!
  • grod45
    grod45 Posts: 20
    Options
    im in! i'm 45, 2 teenage kids that I adore! starting my journey of eating right and excercising regulary. Went to the dr in Nov and my cholesterol was a whopping 218 and right away my Dr wanted to put me on a statin. I refused and told him I would get those numbers down naturally. I changed my diet, incorporated excercise and i'm feeling good. I get checked again at the end of March so I plan to lose 20 pds by then. God will provide the strength and I will provide the results.
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and learning more each day about being healthy!
  • CuppycakeKaren
    CuppycakeKaren Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm a 46 year old mom of 6 (three I I have fought with my weight ever since reading in Seventeen magazine I needed to lose 5 lbs when I was 12!! Look up yoyo dieter in the dictionary and there would be a pic of me. Have lost and gained a ridiculous amount of weight over the years, but this time I am doing it right...exercise is becoming enjoyable, and MFP is really helping me to be accountable for my eating. Some days are hard as I work in a cupcake bakery and cafe, but I take it one day at a time. Here to make new friends so we can support each other!!
    Feel free to add me!!
  • ld40
    ld40 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Had a good run at lunch today. Was planning on doing 4 miles, but felt good and kept going. Did 5 and 1/3 at a 10min/mile pace. I hope to get to the gym tomorrow to do some weight training. Wife and I made homemade chicken soup tonight, that will be lunch the rest of the week.
  • tikanique
    tikanique Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    another great week, down two more lbs, have been better at getting in at least 1200 calories and have added lunges, squats, bicep and tricep work into the exercise routine. I also spent about 60 bucks in the produce department and then tried 4 new recipes this weekend.

next week's goal is to get in some yoga at least twice a week. I used to have a killer heel stretch (when I was coaching cheer a few years back) but the last time I attempted once, my daughter dissolved into uncontrollable laughter. I ain't gotta take that from her! ;-)
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many new people. Welcome to all !!!! Just so you know....there are no stipulations that say you have to be 40. I am 60. :wink: This is a great thread to be in for support and encouragement.

I have done what I always do on the weekends...fail horribly !!! I always over eat on Saturday and Sunday, always gaining a couple of pounds. I am now doing 8 hours and 20 minutes of exercising a week and was hoping that this would counter my bad eating on those two days. So far, it hasn't. :sad: I really need someone to kick my butt or at least take the food away from me. No other way is this going to work.

Last night I did one hour of spinning and an hour of strength training.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, it sounds like me....
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, it sounds like me....

Hello Friend...glad that you are here. :heart:
  • joamunpa
    Options
    Hi!

I would love to join the 40+ Club!
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • carymi30
    Options
    I wanna join! I need all the help I can get! Im 43, single mom with 1 teenager and 1 grown up kid! In 2010 I quit smoking successfully in 2011 I began excersing consistantly and gave up my drug of choice "diet coke" this was harder than the smoking! I reduced my joint pain by 75% with just those 2 things so that was my inspriation to keep going but in 2012 I wanna figure out why after 7 months of hitting the gym Im not loosing weight! Im focused on my eating and wanting to learn all I can that will help with healthy decesions! I have 30 lbs I would love to see go bye bye forever!
    BTW Ive never joined a group on this site so if anyone would care to add me and help me out with it. I would greatly appreciate!
  • ngoethe
    ngoethe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your group, I could sure use the motivation. I am 45 and would like to lose 40 lbs. this year. I was doing great until yesterday when we took our daughter for a college visit and stopped at Krispy Kreme...won't do that again!
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - just checking in! This morning I did 30 minutes of cardio and 10 minutes of abs. Was supposed to be my workout 'rest' day, but felt like doing some exercise anyway, so I did! :)

Make it a great Monday.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hi group! I'm back in town after spending 4 days in Puerto Rico with my mom. I had to halt my p90x for 4 days, and ate horribly. Attempted to exercise, but not on the level of what I have been doing at home. Back on track today with everything! Nice to see a little sun for a few days before coming back to Vermont in the snow.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll catch up on the many, many posts this week!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Would love to join!

I'm 44 and have lost my weight. I started 2 years ago last week, and have logged just about daily since. I've maintained now for a year.

Here are my challenges: I'm a teacher with a busy family, so scheduling workout time is always tough. I love to run, swim, and bike. Considering a sprint triathalon in April. . . .maybe. I'm trying to balance healthy eating with providing appealing meals for my family. Tough, considering I have two very active teen/pre-teen boys with mega calorie needs! I WILL NOT make special food just for me for dinner. It has to work for all of us! Also, since I am short, small-framed, female, and past 40, my maintenance calories are low. And I don't go in for starvation. I know I need to build muscle. I'm working on it through Jillian michaels DVDs, but I just don't like resistance training, so I really have to make myself, just because I know it's good for me. And I'm tempted to over-cardio, just because I need the extra calorie burn, as I like to eat more than my profile provides!

Love the idea for this thread! Past 40 is so different!!