40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Eh...took 6 days off to potty train my daughter, and didn't get in much exercise (we did go to the playground a few times, so there's that!). Luckily I only gained 1 pound. More importantly, my daughter is doing GREAT with the training. Back on track today!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm 41, I've lost 10lbs so far on here, last I checked. Today I went clothes shopping and brought size 8 and size 6 pants into the dressing room with me. The sixes were too big and I could pull the eights off my body fully zipped and buttoned up. I am now a size 4! Pretty psyched about that.

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    I wanna join! I need all the help I can get! Im 43, single mom with 1 teenager and 1 grown up kid! In 2010 I quit smoking successfully in 2011 I began excersing consistantly and gave up my drug of choice "diet coke" this was harder than the smoking! I reduced my joint pain by 75% with just those 2 things so that was my inspriation to keep going but in 2012 I wanna figure out why after 7 months of hitting the gym Im not loosing weight! Im focused on my eating and wanting to learn all I can that will help with healthy decesions! I have 30 lbs I would love to see go bye bye forever!
    BTW Ive never joined a group on this site so if anyone would care to add me and help me out with it. I would greatly appreciate!

Welcome!!! :drinker: Regarding not losing any weight in 7mos, have you lost inches, body fat? It could also be you have hit a plateau and need to make some changes to your workout routine. Also your diet, how much are you eating and types of foods. Tell us more if you can. Just post here, there is no official group you need to join.

Take care!! :flowerforyou:
  • aabby13
    Options
    I entered the 40 club in Dec and have decided I'm going to run my first half in June. I'm ready to lose these last few 'baby' pounds and really take care of my body. I'm not getting any younger! :laugh:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: How is everyone doing?? I am feeling pretty bloated from my bad eating and drinking habits this past weekend. :grumble: :explode: All my fault, but it is in the past now...back on track today. I am at work and we are "celebrating" the Jan birthdays, there is a huge cake and a huge cookie in the kitchen. Thank God they didnt get me this morning when they cut them, hard for me to say no cause I feel bad about the birthday people...so I have no plans to get any. So Swiss, you are not the only one dealing with overeating on weekends.

Robin, you were in my beautiful island of Puerto Rico!!!! How was it? Where did you stay? I hope you had fun!

Tigerblue, welcome!!! You dont have to cook different meals for your family. Just perhaps tweak some of your recipes, substitute healthier ingredients. Most teenagers cannot tell the difference. Healthy meals dont need to be bland. Do you or your husband like to grill? We usually grill lots of healthy meat and eat them throughout the week with salads, whole wheat bread, beans, etc. You have it right not going into starvation, not the right thing to do. I eat close to 2000 cals. JM dvds are a good start but if you can give strength trng a try you could see better results. Let us know how you are doing!

Crewel, I totally forgot to tell you about the program I am doing. The book is New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler. You can read more from people doing this program on JPfitness.com He recommends that women put down the "Barbie" weights as he call them and lift heavy to gain strength, become lean and speed metabolism. It has various stages, I am on stage one that lasts about 6 wks. So far I am working out at home with the equipment I have but eventually I might need to move into the gym... Check it out! I got the book from my local library.

Have a wonderful day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • callme0424
    Options
    I would love to join. I have been working with a personal trainer to regain my long lost sexy!!
  • beckina
    beckina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I am a 40 yo professional, wife and mother. Have lost ~25 lbs on this site and 10 lbs previously. would like to get to a healthy BMI, lose the wieght I gained during my difficult 30's. So about 25-30 lbs to go. I feel more and more optimistic as I get older, and hope this will mean improved health as I go along, as well.
  • kdub_nyc
    kdub_nyc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm 41, I've lost 10lbs so far on here, last I checked. Today I went clothes shopping and brought size 8 and size 6 pants into the dressing room with me. The sixes were too big and I could pull the eights off my body fully zipped and buttoned up. I am now a size 4! Pretty psyched about that.

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you!
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Crewel, I totally forgot to tell you about the program I am doing. The book is New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler. You can read more from people doing this program on JPfitness.com He recommends that women put down the "Barbie" weights as he call them and lift heavy to gain strength, become lean and speed metabolism. It has various stages, I am on stage one that lasts about 6 wks. So far I am working out at home with the equipment I have but eventually I might need to move into the gym... Check it out! I got the book from my local library.

Alf, I am starting that program in March or April when my boot camp class ends. You'll have to let me know how it's going so I know what to prepare for. I'm getting all nervous and excited to start.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I will actually be 40 in 6 months and would love to join your group. Getting ready to purchase the Les Mills Pump from Beachbody and will keep you all posted as to how it goes.
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of the 40+ club. I am 47 years old and have struggled with my weight my entire life. I am a classic yo yo dieter. Five years ago was the last time I had lost a lot of weight and then had to deal with our daughter's death which caused me to stop caring for quite a while and used food as comfort. I decided one year ago it was time to get back into shape and stay that way so my picture of course shows my before and now picture. I am about 15 lbs from where I would like to be and I know with support of others my age I will achieve this. I am looking forwarding to hearing everyone's stories and hopefully make some new friends.
  • alf1163
    Options

Alf, I am starting that program in March or April when my boot camp class ends. You'll have to let me know how it's going so I know what to prepare for. I'm getting all nervous and excited to start.

Great!!!! Nothing to be nervous about, it is great!!!! At least what I've done so far. :laugh: I know pull ups will be hard for me but I am determined to do at least one good one this year. LOL :laugh: :tongue:
  • alf1163
    Options
    I would love to be a part of the 40+ club. I am 47 years old and have struggled with my weight my entire life. I am a classic yo yo dieter. Five years ago was the last time I had lost a lot of weight and then had to deal with our daughter's death which caused me to stop caring for quite a while and used food as comfort. I decided one year ago it was time to get back into shape and stay that way so my picture of course shows my before and now picture. I am about 15 lbs from where I would like to be and I know with support of others my age I will achieve this. I am looking forwarding to hearing everyone's stories and hopefully make some new friends.

Glad you are joining us!!!! I am sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. :flowerforyou: It is great that you decided to take care of yourself. Congrats on the weight loss!!! :drinker: :drinker: Let us know how we can help out! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    <<<<----Me in the 2XU Men's Graduated Performance Compression Tights that were delivered today. Used flash to show reflective logos. Fortunately, black tights are hard to photograph well :D I think I'll be wearing running shorts over them...

Moderate Paced Run Today: 2.5 miles in 23m23s. Plan called for a 9:30 to 10:00 pace, but obviously I went a little quicker :D

102 Push Ups Today (24+26+26+26)
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    *cwojo: My condolences :( Good for you on taking back control of your life and making healthy choices! You can make your goal and stay there!

*Kat5343: Welcome almost cool kid :D

*beckina: grats on your success so far! Keep it up!

*callme0424: You'll be callmesexy in no time ;)

*alf: glad the new lifting program is working out for you :)

*aabby13: good luck on the half! I'm currently training for a 10K, then after that I'll be thinking about a half as well.

*tladame: sounds like fun...not! :D

*tigerblue: grats on maintaining! Maintaining is harder in many ways than the losing. Key for me is to keep on making new fitness goals to reach that are not related to weight. Sounds like you are on the right path :)

*Robin: Welcome back from PR :)

*Madroch: hope ya heal up quick!

*Poeticmoe: good job on the workout! But don't neglect rest days, they are important too.

*ngoethe: In the grand scheme of things, one day won't derail you, unless you let it. You can do it!

*carymi30: grats on kicking the smoking & soda habit! That is a huge deal.

*slyder: Is that you in the avatar or just inspiration?

Well, time for me to head out for work. I'll try to post more later :)
  • ConnieGlemby
    ConnieGlemby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I joined this one already, but I would like to be part of this. I am 49, and would like some support. I know that as we get older it is harder to lose weight. It has been 2 days away from sugary desserts and white flour. I am detoxing so bad. It is all foggy. I have a head ache and I want to cry. LOL.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Wow, once again I log in to find lots of new people !!! It is as though this is a completely new group. Welcome to everyone.:flowerforyou:

Alf, I have to agree about the "Barbie" weights. We need to get serious about building fat-burning muscles. So many women are afraid of becoming muscle bound. It just isn't possible for a woman to do unless she is also taking male hormones. Come on, ladies....not only will you be burning more calories but the way your arms look will make a believer of you.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I so love my oatmeal breakfast!!!!! LOL :laugh: How is everyone doing? What are your goals for today? For me, lift, DONE, log in my foods, Done partially, still need to find 170 calories to eat:laugh: I log in my foods before I eat them so I can plan better and see where I am lacking or going over. :wink: Zumba tonight. :drinker:

Hello Ms. Swiss, yep, it is a totally different and bigger group this time...great to meet so many other 40+ who are taking care of themselves!!! Hope they all stay with us and post regularly.

Chris, you look awesome!!!!! :drinker:

Connie, hang in there, dont give up!!!!! Have you taken all the temptations out of your house? If cravings are really bad drink some water, go for a walk, pop a sugarless gum in or eat some fruit. :flowerforyou: Yes, it is harder to lose the weight as we get older but it is possible.

Have a great day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Today was plyo day in Bootcamp. I knocked out almost 100 burpees this morning! I am sure I will feel it tomorrow morning. Right now I'm just feeling hunger pains every 2 hours. I'm already on my mid-morning snack of cottage cheese (gotta get my protein in after that workout). Yesterday I finished week 6 day 1 of my C25k program and felt pretty good about it. My eating yesterday was a sodium overload. We had a low calorie cajun grilled shrimp recipe my partner found to cook. He really was trying hard to help me find lower calorie options, just didn't realize how much sodium was in the cajun seasoning. The scale and body confirmed this morning it was way too much sodium. Today I'm going to try to keep it really low.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Keep on moving :flowerforyou:
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Goal for the day: Stay out of the teacher's lounge!!!