40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    41 - been at this almost two years - down about 90 - in great shape (the best of my life)! Quit smokin, work out every day...

Although the body doesnt come close to performing the way it used to, and the bumps and aches and bruises and cramps are a lil more severe, AND recovery takes LONGER, I gotta say I WOULDNT CHANGE A THING!

LOVE my 40's! BRING THAT **** ON!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    5km colour bash run today. Super fun! Got blasted with colour. :happy:
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone that replied to my last post. I have been away camping this weekend (despite it being almost winter in the UK) so I am late in replying. I did attend a body pump class last Thursday for the first time ever and I am still paying the price 4 days later (going up and down steps is torture!!) Despite being very sore I have done lots and lots of walking with hubby, one of our dogs and his mum, her husband and two dogs, as they were camping with us. I hope I am as fit and able as they are when I reach their ages!!
  • NormaV14
    NormaV14 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    OK, so I am way 40+, and can't figure out if i am good with you guys or should find a 50+ group! i have always enjoyed working out, but it's the eating that is getting to me. No one is lying when they say as you get older your metabolism slows down. I need hel[p staying on track. hope this is the right forum:)
  • solobiker
    Options
    I am 43 so I guess I am cool kid too. I love cardio always have. I like to how hard I can push myself. Starting to get back into lifting.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    Got my lifting in-and-done. A good stretch. A warm jacuzzi.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday All!

Made it through the 5k. Had a really good time despite the much cooler temps. My older daughter pushed Jake almost the whole way in the stroller. She ended up taking him out at the end cause he bumped his head on the side of the stroller and started to cry. :cry: Otherwise, no issues. They had a lot going on for the kids after too. A one mile fun run, a magician, costume contest, and music! We all got our hunnies and went to dinner after- It was an all around good day. I posted a couple of photos- see link below- of the three of us. One from Rebecca's baby shower last year and then one from yesterday. Fun stuff!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1121045-75-lbs-down-new-before-and-after-pics

I lifted this morning and got in a bit of elliptical time as well. Have a great day all!
  • Beckers72
    Beckers72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ooooooooh! I wanna join! Just turned 41, mother of 3 girls: 22, 19, and 11.

Started this journey for weight loss and healthy lifestyle at the beginning of April with a close friend. It really has helped having her to walk & talk with. We've been walking, and I do yoga several times a week, which has seriously helped with a chronic neck and arm pain I have issues with.

29lbs down, and only a few left to go so I am getting ready to go to maintenance. With the holidays approaching I know tracking is going to be paramount to maintaining. So much of our celebrations revolve around eating.

Great to be here, and nice to be part of the club!

41194465.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    You are looking SO good, KellySue...sooooo good! Congrats on the 5km - sorry about your grandbaby's boo-boo. :(

Ab-work has returned to my work-out rotation. Pure "ouch" today (after Saturday's cardio-abs stuff and Sunday's weight-abs stuff).
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Monday again!?!

KellySue, wow!! you look fabulous!!

I have been in and out of consciousness for the last 5 days... ugh, this flu/cold thing is horrible. Energy zapped, lungs hurt and I just wanna be home on the couch. :sad:

I am going to get out for a walk after work, I don't care how long it will be, it just will be!!

Enjoy your day everyone!
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Way to go KellySue!! You look great and congratulations on your 5k!!

Feel better WhataBroad. It's never any fun being sick. Good for you getting a walk in!

I didn't get as much time to workout last week due to work commitments, but this week should be better.
    I did get two days of lifting and some cardio in, so it wasn't too bad all things considered.

Going for a run tonight. Have a good evening everyone!
  • hippie_spirit
    hippie_spirit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just stumbled on this CLUB! I would love to join in! I'm 53 and need to work on my fitness and nutrition. Hoping to see weight loss as a result! I have about 95lbs to lose.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the cool kids club, I meet the age criteria. :)

I've lost almost 80 lbs but I have 20 more i'd like to lose and its proving difficult. I haven't given up or gained weight, but I'd really like to go into the New Year with only ten pounds to go instead of twenty. I have no problem working out hard and my eating is mostly on track...my problem is weekends, social gatherings, and alcohol. I'd like to put myself in a box for about four months just to get the last 20 off. I know how hard the holidays are going to be!

Right now I'm on a two-a-day workout program Monday thru Thursday - gym before work, T25 after kids are fed at night. Friday I do something -- either gym or run or hike or bike -- and usually not much on the weekends unless it involves yardwork. I do weight training half an hour a day and cardio half an hour (4:30 gym wake up call). I drink a ton of water, eat a lot of protein supplemented with salad, veggies, some fruit.

Just trying to push myself to get where I'd like to be coming into 2014.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better, WhataBroad!

1968samuel - good for getting workouts in!

Welcome to the new folks - hope you stick around!

Another luncheon, a concert tonight. I can lift tomorrow though - WHEW!
  • losing_it_2013
    losing_it_2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I joined in May this year. Have lost almost 30 lbs with another 30 lbs to go. I've been getting a little lazy with my food logging and my weight loss has slowed down :grumble: Determined to get back at it 100% and get this done!!! Always welcoming new friends!
  • acoustictones
    Options
    Greetings all. Very cool to see how well so many of you have done. I see some wanted to lose 10, and did... while others wanted lose 100, and DID!!! Nice work to each of you and for being so dedicated to your goals.

Mine are simple, but have also taken dedication and commitment. I'm not trying to lose 100 lbs, but rather get my body fat % back to where it was and where I'm happiest (physically speaking). I was somewhere around 172 lbs with between 32 and 36 % body fat over the summer. And this was mainly due to letting things go physically the past 3 years. I'm happiest with how I look and feel with stats closer to 148-155% with 10% body fat. That certainly takes more work than it used to to maintain, but when I'm there I really love how light and strong I feel, and it makes keeping up with my kids A LOT easier and more fun. :bigsmile:

So again, thanks to all for sharing their stories here. I'm so excited for all of you that are working towards and/or have accomplished your goals!

David
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Nice to find people my age on here. Please include me as well. Just turned 48 and almost did not make it as my heart stopped for a minute last year, so I am particularly glad to be still around :-)

I have always been active and love playing tennis. I used to just have to think about exercising and lbs would come off, but in my 30's and then early 40's my metabolism slowed and then disappeared. UGH!! I still play a lot of tennis and have added biking and jogging. I have to be careful now about not doing too much high intensity work, so I think my days of trying to be in a race are gone, but I certainly try to stay fit and exercise at least 3 days a week and shoot for 5 days.

I want to lose 10 more lbs. This time of year (Fall) is always hardest for me as there are so many Bday celebrations in my family, but that is just an excuse and we all agree that there will be no acceptable excuses :-)

Nice to meet you all. Cheers!

D
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Lots of new posters! Hello to all. =)

Thanks for the well wishes... they seemed to have helped! had an awesome, full nights sleep and was up bright and early this morning to get my lifting in... even did 20 minutes of tabata afterwards!! Might need a nap after lunch but still felt so good to get back at it. Still have a nagging cough so I am postponing any runs a few more days.

1968samuel - some lifting/cardio is better than none and every little bit makes you that much stronger, right?!

Scarlett - that's fantastic loss =) Have you tried switching things up? new exercises, upping the intensity when you are working out, when you say 'gym', do you mean lifting?

Beeps - enjoy your luncheon and concert

docdrd - wow, your heart stopped? that would be a huge motivator to get doing the things that can help stop that from happening again anytime soon. =)

Enjoy your day everyone!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hey to all- new and old! Not a lot going on in my neck of the woods today. I did some aerobics and resistance band work today. Tomorrow is usually my rest day, but I will not have a car on Thursday so I think I will make an exception this week and head to the gym tomorrow am so I can get some lifting in. My younger daughter is getting married in five weeks and I really would like to tighten up my upper arms and abs a bit more before then. I'm certainly not expecting miracles, but a little bit would be nice.

Have a good night!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello hello hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, so many posters, can't keep up!! LOL Welcome to the newcomers!! Let's motivate each other out!!!!

I lifted today. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

KellySue, I saw the pics. Awesome job!! Keep up the good work!!! :drinker: :drinker:

Have a great evening!!! :flowerforyou: