40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am so excited. I bought my first two piece swim suit ever and I can say it actually looks okay. I am going on a cruise in a few weeks and I am actually going to hit my goal of wearing a two piece. I would of never thought over a year ago that I would be doing this. Have a great day.

Hooray!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: congrats!!! Great ab definition!!!!

Crewel thanks for the heads up. And Chris, thank you for offering to help create the second thread...:flowerforyou:

Umpire, you are a calorie burning machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :drinker:

windsweptaway, welcome!! :drinker: I keep hearing about fitbit, what is that? You do what you have to do to work around your condition. The best you can do is just to be consistent and you will be able to reach your goals. Don't give up you can do it!!! :flowerforyou:

I have been so busy the last few days but have managed to do my workouts and eat clean, log in my foods, well, except for yesterday after breakfast. But I think I ate pretty well...

Have a great one!!! :flowerforyou:
  • noexcuses118
    Options
    Hi, all - Ate clean yesterday and today (I'm assuming that "eating clean" means staying on plan). Did my C2K week 3 workout this morning. I have hope that this time it will be a permanent healthy change for me Thanks for all your valuable suggestions, and keep 'em coming!
    Clelia
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Awesome weather during my lunch run today. 80F, Sunny, slight breeze. Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful :laugh:

Only 61 pushups today.

*noexcuses145: Doing great! Keep it up! I never thought I'd be a runner, yet, here I am :smile:

*alf: I didn't offer to start a new thread, just explained that the forum mechanics make that happen automatically :wink:

*windsweptaway: Keep it up! It will come.

*Beeps: I hated losing the sun when I lived up north! On waking up early. How about using that to your advantage and doing the work out in the morning?

*Umpire: You can do it!

*cms: Way to bring it on!

*cwojo: Woot! Grats! I still remember the day I finally felt comfortable going to the pool with out a T-Shirt :happy:

*tladame: It got my heart pumping!

*dafoots: Welcome! You know you can do it. Decide. Commit. Succeed!

*bexdc: nice run yesterday!

*sylvania: good job on the run!

*parys: grats on the weight loss and the race walk!

*laura: you can do it! Just drag yourself out of bed no matter what and NEVER EVER hit the snooze button.

All I have time for now. Night all!
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I saw 140 on the scale this morning. I vow to not see it ever again after this week!
  • Shaping_My_Destiny
    Options
    I'd like to join this group! I still have a long way to go but I'm committed to getting there. I lost 33 lbs last year, and I have a goal of 100 lbs for 2012.

This is a great idea!!!
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this. I have 30lbs or more to take off. I want to become and lean, clean machine....I need a boost!!
  • lazyday101
    lazyday101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thought I would check in, I will update later...
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Checking in.........1-1/2 weeks, 8.4lbs lost. Pretty solid I'd say. :smokin:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Checking in.........1-1/2 weeks, 8.4lbs lost. Pretty solid I'd say. :smokin:

Congratulations !!!

frida001, I understand not wanting to see a number on the scales. Mine is 150. I am at 151 now.:angry: I swore that I would never go above 150 every again. But, I did.

:flowerforyou: Shaping-My-De...You are doing great !!!! Keep up the good work and you will reach your goal.

jo69, welcome to the group.

lazyday, hope to hear from you later.

Becky
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    After last night's Yoga class and this mornings session I am at 17,408 calories for the month.
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I'm 49 and dont want to be a chubby 50 year old. I'm 5'6" and weigh 185...NEVER in my life have I weighed even close to this. I'm losing it....getting my butt up and moving and eating right. Go me!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    hew, I used to love running outdoors....yay for you!

I won't do morning work-outs, for the time-being. Mornings are my favourite time with my kids....so, I enjoy breakfast with them and then the nanny comes and it's off to work! I'm okay with my lunch-time work-outs....it breaks up the day. Yes, it's a hassle to do make-up/hair TWICE a day, but, that's the way it's going to be until my young 'uns turn into annoying teenagers that won't get up in the mornings!!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

We are really getting big! Wow. Have a great workout day!
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    We are almost to the end of this thread and we just started it? Wow! I'm totally out of the loop!

I was in Nevada from Sun-Fri (4am sat morning) last week working then back this week from Sun-Tues night working. I caught my husbands cold while I was there too.... Thanks for sharing hubby! :laugh:

Started shakeology.... So far I have noticed that I'm not as tired. Normally I am so tired by 4pm that I sit-down and instantly fall asleep. After about 4 days I noticed I was tired, but enough to yawn and go away after about an hour or so.... A few days later I wasn't tired at all til it was bedtime. No I didn't feel like a had "all this energy" like some claim but that may be because I have an energy problem to begin with and so it made me feel normal....
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Hello hello!
    Had an awesome race walk today. It's tough on the ice/snow (kind of like slogging through sand), but it felt great! I've also been doing L3 of the 30DS.
    Great runs Hew! I've been inspired to work on my push ups. Gah.
    Too bad about the cold, tron and I hope you feel energized soon.
  • tboothgenthe
    Options
    I'd like to join - turned 49 12/11 (made it by the hair of my chin). Mom of 4 young kids (started late) and looking for friends for motivation.

I think I've lost more than 1 pound but I got discouraged last week so I'm not going to weigh in until this Friday. I want to lose 20 (or more but shooting for 20 for now) so that I can keep up with the kids more.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    I'd love to join, too. 55. Been in great health my entire life. Life is for living!!!!!!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Awesome weather during my lunch run today. 80F, Sunny, slight breeze. Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful :laugh:

Only 61 pushups today.

*alf: I didn't offer to start a new thread, just explained that the forum mechanics make that happen automatically :wink:

Oh well, EXCUSE ME!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: And I am hating on your beauty!!! LOL :mad:
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a short check-in. I have 2 of my workouts in this week, M & W. We did upper body heavy lifting with free weights on Monday and today we worked on full body using the machines. On our "rest' periods we did core work. I have to say I enjoy the free weights much more than I do the machines. I really feel like I worked out then. I haven't been as hungry this week so I'm having to force myself to eat a lot of the times. I blame this on work being so hectic. Speaking of which I should get back to....Have a good week!
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    5-mile run yesterday, 6.2 mile hilly run this morning. That's it for now!

Everyone's doing great -- keep it up!