40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    ruby70 - stay off the scale....it is just a MARK and it can go up/down throughout even a day, even an hour! Just depends on your sodium intake, your water, etc., etc....keep the tape measure handy, though.

KellySue - glad to read you are feeling better!

Bouce4 - there is a "New Rules of Lifting For Women" group here at mfp...you can sign in there, too, for moral support!

I did 30 minutes of UNscheduled cardio, today! yes, it was on the elliptical. yes, it bored me to tears....but I also got to watch CNN's report on "missing flight 370" - like I need more "conspiracy theories" floating in my head....ugh, ugh, ugh.

THE PLANE CRASHED. The end.

STOP spending endless amounts of money on a SEARCH when nations won't even feed their poor....ugh, ugh, ugh.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Beeps - how often do you weigh? I am in a challenge group right now where we weigh on Fridays but I have a terrible habit of looking every morning.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    GM All and Happy Friday

Kelly Sue- Glad you are feeling better.

I had a great NSV last night.. 2 of my neighbors noticed that I've lost weight and they guessed more then I had actually lost. After plateauing I'm finally starting to see a trend downward. I'm glad I also started using measurements and energy level as a measure of my success. Just me using the scale wasn't motivating at times, especially when I gained or didn't lose. Hope everyone has a great Weekend
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Good morning! So glad it is Friday today.

faytwain - yay for people noticing! I had someone notice the other day and I was so happy.

ruby - I tend to weigh every morning too. I don't know why I punish myself like that, lol. I should just weight once a month. I gain around my cycle and then lose but month by month I continue to go down so that is good.

This weight loss mission is teaching me patience and that some things are a journey - not a task to be scratched off my list. Good lesson but frustrating ;)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I...AM...INJURED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Calf strain!!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway: :grumble: and it happened while teaching Zumba on Wed night. First time that I get injured while teaching :cry: :brokenheart: (have been teaching Zumba for 4.5 yrs and taught step aerobics, regular aerobics and resistance trng for about 2 yrs when I lived in Germany) BUT it is ok, a small setback, need to find a sub for next week, hoping to just heal and then start back up taking it slow. My students are so supportive. I am :mad: :explode: though :ohwell: The Dr gave me a referral to physical therapy. So rehab time!!!

Ruby, big NO NO to get on the scale daily!!!! Once a week should be enough. It will only disappoint you. :flowerforyou:

Soon we need to move into another thread. We keep the same topic. We are on page 20 and will be closed at 500 posts. Be on the lookout!! Beeps normally takes care of moving fwd. Thanks Beeps!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone....so this is where all the cook kids are? I just saw this forum and I wanna be one of the cool kids too :flowerforyou:

About me:

I'm 40
    Mother of 3 boys
    Divorced and now engaged
    Lost 130 pounds...maintained for 2 years...diagnosed with breast cancer...kicked it's *kitten*....got pregnant with my post cancer miracle baby...gained a ton of weight during pregnancy....fighting like hell to lose it...do bootcamp 3 times a week....eat 1800 calories on days I work out and 1200 on days that I don't...on my "non" bootcamp days I walk 3-5 miles.

I would love to be included in the cool kids club :drinker:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Momof3boys, WOW WHAT AN INSPIRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your weightloss, congrats on beating cancer :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: What a body!!! I looked at your pictures! :wink: And no stretch marks??? Welcome to the cool kids club!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!

Momof3boys- Welcome and congratulations on all that you have overcome!! :flowerforyou:

Ruby- I agree with the others- don't weigh daily!! :noway: It's too frustrating!

Faytwain- Congrats on your NSV- always nice to know that others are noticing your weight loss! :happy:

I made it to the gym today. It was a strength traing day! Good work out overall for not having been there since last Saturday. Tomorrow is cardio day- Also- 1lb down this week. Yeah!:bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Time to
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    roll this thread!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    C'mon along.....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Alright, it is "FEEL GOOD FRIDAY"!! What is YOUR "go to" method for "feeling good"?!?!? When YOU need a "pick-me-up", what is YOUR sure-fire way to get there?!?!?!?

....and, don't answer "orgasm" because that is way too simple (and universal!)....
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Thanks alf1163 and KellySue67....trust me...the stretch marks are there... :cry: and my bikini pics are pre 3rd baby :sad: :sad: :sad:

My fight isn't quite over yet....just yesterday I scheduled my surgery for my double mastectomy and reconstruction. My surgery will be April 29 and I'm scared to death. Back in 2010 I had a lumpectomy but after my surgery and treatment I had genetic testing and am the lovely owner of the BRCA II gene mutation so I'm screwed. When I had my 3rd baby they removed my ovaries to help reduce the risk or reoccurrence so the mastectomy is the next step of the process....was trying like hell to lose all the weight prior to surgery but that's not happening and I can't keep putting it off.

On a positive not...it's Friday :tongue:
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Momf3boys - I will be thinking of you. What a strong character and outlook you have! Your boys are lucky to have you. I have four boys. What a circus :laugh:
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Momf3boys - I will be thinking of you. What a strong character and outlook you have! Your boys are lucky to have you. I have four boys. What a circus :laugh:

Thank you....it's been a crazy couple of years....4 boys? I bow down to you :flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Feel Good Friday, hmmm.... might be lame, but seeing as how I don't drink, I guess I would have to say being able to curl up and watch a good ole Humphrey Bogart film or an old "Gum Shoe" film. It is definitely a "go to" for me. I much prefer the oldies to most of the new stuff that comes out today.

Momof3boys- good luck with all that lies ahead of you. Just from your couple of posts you seem like a very strong person and you have a positive outlook- good for you!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday to all!! Hard to believe only 1 more week left in March

Welcome Momf3boys! Wow what a journey you've had - good for you for being so positive! There is no rush to get that weight off - you have many more years to get that done! Good luck with your surgery, will be keeping you in our prayers.

ruby70- I weigh every day too but I know that the scale will fluctuate depending on MANY variables but I am just too curious not too...LOL I only do 1 true weigh in on Monday's - that's what I update.

I am on day 21 of a plank challenge here on MFP and OMG! Did 150 seconds today and expected to do 180 tomorrow - I was dropping f'bombs at 120 LOL not sure about this 180 s***. I started the challenge only able to do 60 seconds so I've definitely had improvement...I'm telling myself that's what counts :)

alf - Sorry about that calf injury - take it easy lady so that it heals faster and you can get back to it!!

KellySue - glad to see you were feeling better and up to getting back to the gym

ETA: Aside for the big O.....I love hanging out with friends or seeing funny movies when stressed
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    In the summer, my "go to" feel-good strategy is a lazy morning, with a great cup of coffee, and the newspaper, out on my deck! But, for these long, cold, dark winters, I usually aim for a JACUZZI, instead!

Momof3boys - sounds like you are in capable hands and I'm sure everything will work out to your benefit!

BOOM!
  • brucewenzel
    Options
    For me my go to feel good is to get out on my mountain bike. Fresh air, vitamin D and it clears my head.
  • alf1163
    Options
    momof3boys, wish you the best!!!!

Question: Anyone here has a Vitamix? I keep thinking about getting one but it is sooo expensive!!! Maybe a Ninja Mega kitchen system? Comparisons? Should I bite the bullet and splurge on a Vitamix? Thanks!