40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Been busy as heck at work so my attendance here has slacked this week.

January's final total: 22,348 Calories burned in just under 41 hours and 10 minutes

That's it????? :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Yea, I need to do better :-)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,991 Member
    Options
    I'm an aunty (again)! My brother and his wife had their 2nd child, another boy, yesterday afternoon. So, I know what I'll be doing on Family Day weekend later this month....

In other news, my tendon on the outside back of my right knee is kinda sore this morning. My husband thinks the HIIT I'm doing is probably aggravating it. So, I'm going to give that a rest, today. Maybe just some stretching.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Beeps, if you are having knee problems then biking may be the thing to go to. I have tendonitis but have found that I can last my spinning class. In fact, at the beginning of the class my knee with be hurting but by the end it is fine. Congrats on the new nephew.

:flowerforyou: LadyPersia, we have been experiencing some nice weather here, also. But, this weekend the cold is to return.

I am loving the gym again. The spinning class is just what I needed to try. I burn so many calories !!!! Last night's class was 40 minutes long and I burned 301 calories. I am down two pounds also.:bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks, Swissmiss....I did do 20 minutes on the bike, yesterday - and TONS of stretching. I iced my knee last night. So far (today), no "twinge". (Also, congrats on being down 2 lbs.!! Awesome!!)

I decided NOT to weight-train, today, and leave it until Monday. (I'll do cardio/stretching each of Saturday and Sunday.)

1. I have a gala, tonight - so I had my hair done last night and I don't want to sweat all the curl away.
    2. I have to leave work early, to have my make-up done, so I probably need to work through my lunch (and therefore won't have the time to train, today, anyway).
    3. I want my tendon to heal....a few days of rest is probably okay.
    4. NROL4W has "rest" periods between stages, anyway. I didn't take one between Stage 1 and Stage 2, but I"m taking it now, lol.

I'm looking forward to the gala. I have had exactly one drink since new year's eve, so I'm going to have one (maybe 2!) tonight. I get to wear a slinky black velvet gown. I get to wear my 5" purple heels. And, I get to dance with my fabulous (tuxed out) husband!

Ahhhhhh, lucky me!!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hello all you cool kids!

I seem to have a difficult time finding time to post on the forums these days.
    I do try and comment on my friends, and at times, I just don't have time to do both.

Swiss - nice to see you found us again. :flowerforyou: I hear so many great things about spin class, but we don't have that here. The young Dietitian I hired is a certified spin instructor, but we don't have the equipment in town. we don't have Zumba either. :cry:

Beeps - congrats on becoming an auntie. Babies are too precious!! I'm a new grandma and am SO happy when I get to spend time with my granddaughter.

Umpire, Congrats on January's total exercise minutes! You are going to break records in February. I know it! They add up fast they way you burn them up. :drinker:

LadyPersia - the weather has been unusual this winter. We have had extreme mild temps, then days of freezing. More mild days than cold though. :happy: It has been about freezing here for the past while, which is very rare for Northern Ontario.

So, my training is going well, There are a couple of days a week that I end up doing both running and strength training, but that's just the way it goes if I want to keep up with my strength training, which, is extremely beneficial to my running. However, that may change as the daily mileage increases, but I hope to keep it up as long as I can. May have to tweak the schedule some but I do that all the time anyway. :laugh: Sometime life gets in the way of my training. :laugh:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. :flowerforyou:
    I have a long run planned for Saturday and then will x-country ski on Sunday in place of my run - then...superbowl! Not that I am a big football fan, but I do enjoy the superbowl. :happy:
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I did not reset my HRM at the end of Jan. so I just continue as is and come up with another challenge.

As if P90X2 is not challenge enough :-)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    it sounds like you are doing really well, sder and Umpire! Good for you!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Umpire!!!! :laugh: :laugh: I was kidding!!! :laugh: :tongue:

Swiss, great to hear from you. Sing is a true mystery. :noway: :ohwell: I might email him again and see what happens. If not I am not going to worry. Good to have you back!! :flowerforyou:

Sdereski, great job!!!! :drinker: :drinker:

Beeps, I hope you get better soon!!!! Have a great time at the gala! Pics please!!!! :happy:

1lb down from last Friday!!! Yipee!!!! :drinker: Something is working!!! Well, I am really eating clean and that is where is at for me, definitely!! And of course I am still working out, only 2 days of lifting and 4 days of Zumba.
    Going out tomorrow night with hubby to a birthday party at a club, I hope I dont drink too much, if I do my plan is 2 max unless I am the designated driver then 0 and no late night eating either!!!! I am hoping my husband wants to drink so I end up being the DD! :wink: :laugh:

Have a great weekend!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Harlin12
    Harlin12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So its Friday night here and my report card is due. Missed working out Fri and Sat last week due to being in the hospital with my father, and yes he is out and recovering from a small stroke, he's a tough old bird. 87 yrs old, WWII and Korean war Vet etc.

That being said, I returned to the program Monday night and have'nt missed a work out or been over a calorie goal. Each day I have hit my 30 min cardio and 30-60 min of strength training. Yesterday was a off day for strength training so i did the P90x Plyo workout (forgot how brutal it was).

Today is Ellipitical and chest / shoulders. Tomorrow is a 3 mile run and arms. with Sunday as a rest day. supposed to be 81 degrees here so a round of golf may be in order.

My goal for next week is to increase my calories a little more. Full all the time but only hitting 1800ish calories a day. want to be up to 2000 - 2100 regularly.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone! I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll catch up later.
  • Harlin12
    Harlin12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Reset My HRM just now, wonder how high I can get it for Feb.
  • DonJG
    DonJG Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'll be 44 in May. At my heaviest I was 182. I got down to 163 and then back up a bit to around 175. Now I'm back down to 165. Ideally I'd like to lose a pound or two more, but 165 is not a bad weight for me.

Don
  • Peggy088
    Peggy088 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Dropping in to say hello!
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids! I am a new tag along.
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Do you have room for one more? :smile:
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been on MFP for awhile since last April and just noticed this thread. You all seem cool. :smile: So, thought I'd drop in since I'm 44. A little bit about myself. Through a combination of Beachbody workouts and using MFP to track calories, I've dropped 50 lbs. I'm now looking to drop my body fat% and not as concerned about the end weight. I started off with Power 90 just so I can do something and then moved on and did a couple rounds of P90X, finishing up the second round tomorrow. My brother got me Insanity for Christmas so I feel like I should do that next.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just wanting to tag this thread. Only just stared 13 days ago and really feeling positive. I am 43 Aussie and looking to lose 100 pounds.
    End goal is to be able to do a chain of backflips! (without killing or maining myself). :)
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    im new here. almost 41YO.

Finished my first week back on workouts and eating right. I lost 6 pounds! im ending week one with a 4th day this week workout after work.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

:smile:
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So tagging and checking this out. 47 here and lost 50 pounds since last June. My husband and I have made a lifestyle changing and have been doing this using first SparkPeople, Livestrong and now MFP.