40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    yup...tagging the thread! check in soon!
  • Harlin12
    Harlin12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Tag:wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,991 Member
    Options
    No work-out for me, today....just way too swamped at work. That is only the 4th day in January that I have NOT worked out, so it's all good.

How's everybody else doing, today??
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Soccer practive with my son today went well we had fun. On my ninth week of 5 k going to start over and work on time. It was a beautiful 50 degree day and I had to play outside. It was lovely. Hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe how fast our little forum is turning over:) Woohooo Fabulous Forties!!!! You rock!!!
  • sorkat
    sorkat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello ~ I am 41 and stay home with my 2 young children (4 and 2). I have 60 lbs to lose, but am concentrating on smaller goals of 10 lbs at a time so I do not feel so overwhelmed. I am going to go back and read everyone's post and will post more later. I am scheduled to run my first 5K in April :-) Good Luck and Best Wishes to Everyone! We CAN and WILL do this :-)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    It' date-night, tonight, for hubby and me. We are trying out a fab new Italian restaurant that we've been trying to get into for about the last 4 months!

This is my guilt-free meal, so I'm going to choose whatever's "speaking to me" when I get there!

Yay!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello...
    I've been having lots of fab race walks. I think I need to lay off them for a day or two and do a Jillian dvd - my foot is a bit sore.

Beeps, have a great date-night! My husband and I were able to go out (finally) on Saturday and it was lovely, I hope yours is, too.

sorkat, welcome! Good luck on your 5k training!

Holy moly, Lady Persia - 50 degrees? Wow. It is a far cry from that where I live. Jealous.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Night Run with BRA (Brandon Running Association): 4.1 miles in a very easy 53m48s (avg 13m09s per mile pace). I felt like I could have literally kept on running forever at that pace. I never could have stayed at that slow pace the entire time on my own, running behind someone else made it much easier to not ditch the plan and take off, lol. This is good, since I am doing a 5K race on Saturday and I am supposed to be tapering this week. Was cool meeting some local runners and learning more about BRA. I will definitely be joining the club.

I also completed day 2 of the Pull Up training program. Doing pull ups gives me a head ache for some reason :(
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Night Run with BRA

Forgive me, but this made me giggle when I first read it...I am such a 12 yr old.

Best of luck with the pull ups - that is my fantasy exercise - I can't imagine ever doing any. I did do a few (5, sigh) full push ups during my workout today.
  • SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    I want to be a cool kid!!

Just joined MFP late in January in an effort to lose the 20 pounds I gained since last summer....which was just about the time I stopped my running program. Hoping to get back to that eventually but right now I am doing intervals of running/walking to get some fitness back. I'm the Mom of two highschool girls and the oldest is really inspiring me right now...she goes to the gym 4 days a week with a classmate and is constantly outside riding her bike!

Off to do some more reading....
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    found you! hello all, have had a great week, ankle all healed back on training for my next 5k and dropped 4lbs to boot! Have a great day all.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: How is everyone doing?? I have been pretty faithful to logging in my foods and working out. It's been a little hard to eat all my calories lately, 1900, have been 100-250cals under. I still feel fine and dont feel very hungry or weak. Maybe I dont need that much.

Ken, congrats on the weightloss!!!! I am glad your ankle feels better.

Chris, I cannot run slow either. My husband is a slow jogger and when we used to run together I just couldnt hang. We would end up arguing sometimes. :noway: He is so slow I could walk next to him, not kidding. I would even hurt from going that slow. :tongue: I stopped running in 09 :sad: when I found out I have a labral tear on my left hip and cartilage damage. :sad: I opted out of surgery and hanging in there. But I can proudly say I ran 2 half marathons, a 10 miler, a 10K and several 5Ks. I do miss running though. :cry:

At work, better go...have a great one!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Cross Training Day: Inline Skate during lunch. Went 3.5 miles in 24m30s. Took it easy since I have a 5K race on Saturday. Also, before the skate, I did my Push Up work out.

Have to get back to work, will post more later!
  • ld40
    ld40 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been slacking on the posting lately, but not on the running. Did a personal long run of 8 miles last Saturday. The current goal is to bump that up 1 mile a week, taper off in April and run my first half in May. I've been getting to the gym once or twice a week for some strength training on my non-running days. My goal is to make that consistently 2 days a week, or buy some weights to use at home.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Been busy as heck at work so my attendance here has slacked this week.

January's final total: 22,348 Calories burned in just under 41 hours and 10 minutes
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lots of runners in here. I quit running summer, 2011.

:(

Had a GREAT day at the gym, today! And, the fitness challenges I'm in are demanding photos, measurements and weigh-in this week. Sooooooooooooooooooo, hubby's gonna assist with all that, tonight.

Oh, and I'm down 2.8 lbs. for the month of January. Considering I was mentally preparing for an "increase", I'm SUPER-happy with this! I *knew* it would take a LONG time for the weight to come off, but that means I'm maybe 20-30 weeks away from GOAL.

Like.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Been busy as heck at work so my attendance here has slacked this week.

January's final total: 22,348 Calories burned in just under 41 hours and 10 minutes

That's it????? :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Lots of runners in here. I quit running summer, 2011.

:(

Had a GREAT day at the gym, today! And, the fitness challenges I'm in are demanding photos, measurements and weigh-in this week. Sooooooooooooooooooo, hubby's gonna assist with all that, tonight.

Oh, and I'm down 2.8 lbs. for the month of January. Considering I was mentally preparing for an "increase", I'm SUPER-happy with this! I *knew* it would take a LONG time for the weight to come off, but that means I'm maybe 20-30 weeks away from GOAL.

Like.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: almost 3 lbs in one month is not bad at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    AWWW, I finally found you. Why do I always get lost?

I have had the flu or something but I am now back to normal. Burned 260 calories last night at the YMCA.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Nice workout Swiss

Futbol is in full swing and this mild weather has made it nice to play outside. Its no colder than in Oct ,so it is a nice change.