40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• kim_m_kk
    kim_m_kk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think I lost the thread for a few days - sorry.

I am keeping on keeping on. Still going to the gym but having a hard time with my knee being sore a lot. I didn't hurt it at any specific time - I guess just too many years being fat. My plan is just to push on and hopefully as I lose weight and get stronger it will feel better. Not sure there is anything else I can do anyway. I am an elementary school teacher as well - SPED. I love my job! I have made it a priority since coming back in January to pack my lunch everyday and eat it. So many times in the past there is a "crisis" and I end up eating junk - not this time. If I eat junk I have to make a choice to do it and count it - that is my plan.
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I hope that everyone is dong well. I am still here and reading the posts everyday.

Larro - Happy Belated Birthday.

KS - You and your husband are still in my thoughts and prayers. I believe that he is going to make a full recovery.

Caramel - Please don't think that you have to stay away for any reason. The entire purpose of this group is to support each other. While you have provided a lot of the support you are entitled to receive some in return. Big Hugs to You!

Kate - I hope that things get better with Josie.

CG - I would love to glide the ocean with you, it sounds amazing to me!

Beeps - Congrats on the job and car!

MzKlutch - I hope that you get to bring Blue Ivy home soon. Good Luck to your husband on finding a job in Texas.

Welcome all the newbies. This is a wonderful place to belong.

Have an awesome day everyone!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I can't seem to get my life organized anymore!!!!! Ugh!!!! Hanging on but it's been difficult. I went swimming today and since in the pool took an aqua fitness class. The older gym members are an inspiration to me.

KellySue, I've been gone so long but just read about your honey. What happened? :(

Beeps, are you still doing IF? I've been thinking about doing it again. This extra weight has me pretty down lately. Nothing in my closet fits, I'm not exaggerating. Pants that fit perfectly in Oct are not even close to getting buttoned. And clothes that I wasn't wearing because they were too big are now tight!!!! Ugh!
  • aklose72
    aklose72 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sign me up. :)
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »

KellySue, I've been gone so long but just read about your honey. What happened? :(

It's a long story- a little over three months worth at this point, but any how... He got osteomyelitis which is an infection in the bone. It deteriorated two of his vertebrae to the point where they had to be removed and he had to have metal rods put in his back. He has not walked since October 10th and just recently went back to the hospital from the rehab because he went into renal failure. The renal failure has greatly improved, but he had some side effects from it- one being a very altered mental state for the last couple of weeks (hallucinations, paranoia, etc). That has finally started to clear, but his electrolyte levels are still off and he ended up with C-Diff colitis from the heavy doses of antibiotics. It has been a battle! Hopefully we will continue to see improvement and he can get home soon! Thanks for asking.

Today was a Jake day for me. He was sick earlier this week so this is the only day I had him at the house this week. He was fun as always! Gym tomorrow morning as long as I get a decent night's sleep. I drank a caffeinated diet soda too late in the evening and didn't get to sleep until around midnight. Up at six to be ready for the little boy.

Have a good one all!

• Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Cool Kids!
    Yesterday was a day off from exercising after a 5 day streak, but back on the bike for today's commute. There's a new speed reader on the highway, and it clocked me going 15 mph! Zoom zoom! ;)
    Caramel, your spirit will carry you through whatever is plaguing you. Sending {{hugs}} to you. The mud run challenge sounds really fun, and how cool that you're doing a video for your gym! Superstar!
    Sylvarose, that's great news! I knew you would get there. It sounds like you're really doing well all around. Happiness.
    Sdereski, that was a cute story about the mimosas. I actually had one on Saturday made with a blood orange. It was amazing! I just got a Terry Bicycle catalog, and there were pictures of those fat tire bikes. They're cool! You could probably even get studded tires!
    KS, I was sure happy to hear that your hubby is starting to stabilize his mental health, and continuing to improve his physical. Great work on keeping your new gym schedule and everything else you juggle. Enjoy your Jake day!
    Larro, it sounds like you and your new bike are beginning a beautiful relationship :D .
    Nick, the adorableness of 4 yr olds is too much. I get what you mean about establishing boundaries for yourself. I can do "a program", but tend to flail about without guidelines.
    Alf, sorry about the clothes. I'm in a similar space too, but we can climb out of this, and back into our pants!!!
    E'sMom, good to hear from you!
    Welcome to all you new folks! Keep posting here. It's a great community of supportive folks.
    Hello to everyone else!
  • Mindful2014
    Mindful2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I'd like join in this conversation too! My qualifications: 41yrs old and trying to lose 30lbs.

A bit about me, 2 kids (5 & 7) and one husband. I live in Ottawa, Canada. Have been trying to lose weight, since I had my kids, with varying degrees of success. Feel like I have the food/diet part 85-90% down but the exercise part only seems to work when I hire a trainer. The weight only comes off when exercise is included in the mix (not by diet alone). Am working on motivating and developing my at-home/solo exercising habit AND, being at peace with the time it takes to reach my goals.

Cheers!
  • riekjeb
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope you had a good day. Oh, wait, it's the end of the day in Europe, but you're still in the middle of it. Have a good afternoon.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    hope everyone is doing well today, KCCO my friends! Move forward today
  • kim_m_kk
    kim_m_kk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym this morning and just did the treadmill. I am happy with that. I feel like eating everything today - that is not good. I considered eating the rest of a package of cookies but stopped myself at two. Hopefully I can mange for the rest of the day and tomorrow will be better.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon.

I did my lifting and cardio this morning, but a phone call interrupted me about 2/3 of the way through the lifting, and I sat too long to start back. I did ride the bike to the river, but it is much cooler today, {a windy 67F with heavy cloud cover} so I didn't try to brave a swim.

d6h6y1x24uuh.jpg

But I did find a violet blooming. Pretty cool for this time of year.

kluhhhx3an0t.jpg

Today is Thursday, so here are the numbers for the week:

22.0% Body Fat
    56.8% Body Water
    24.5 BMI
    175.6 Pounds

I'm getting closer to my goal weight again. My fool proof plan for weight gain {eat more, workout less} is paying off.

Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Here is an old folks joke you guys might like.

A farmer stopped by the local mechanics shop to have his truck fixed. They couldn't do it while he waited, so he said he didn't live far and would just walk home.

On the way home he stopped at the hardware store and bought a bucket and a gallon of paint. He then stopped by the feed store and picked up a couple of chickens and a goose. However, struggling outside the store he now had a problem - how to carry his entire purchases home.

While he was scratching his head he was approached by a little old lady who told him she was lost. She asked, 'Can you tell me how to get to 1603 Mockingbird Lane?'

The farmer said, 'Well, as a matter of fact, my farm is very close to that house I would walk you there but I can't carry this lot.'
    The old lady suggested, 'Why don't you put the can of paint in the bucket. Carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand?'

'Why thank you very much,' he said and proceeded to walk the old girl home. On the way he says 'Let's take my short cut and go down this alley. We'll be there in no time.'

The little old lady looked him over cautiously then said, 'I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me.. How do I know that when we get in the alley you won't hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, and have your way with me?'

The farmer said, 'Holy smokes lady! I'm carrying a bucket, a gallon of paint, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?'

The old lady replied, 'Set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and I'll hold the chickens.
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    Hello all,

I'd like join in this conversation too! My qualifications: 41yrs old and trying to lose 30lbs.

A bit about me, 2 kids (5 & 7) and one husband. I live in Ottawa, Canada. Have been trying to lose weight, since I had my kids, with varying degrees of success. Feel like I have the food/diet part 85-90% down but the exercise part only seems to work when I hire a trainer. The weight only comes off when exercise is included in the mix (not by diet alone). Am working on motivating and developing my at-home/solo exercising habit AND, being at peace with the time it takes to reach my goals.

Cheers!

Hey Mindful! Fellow 41 year old Canadian over here! I found Start! Walking at Home by Leslie Sansone on YouTube. It's 45 minutes, I do it in my basement 4 times a week. The weather has been outrageously cold for walking outside. New (better) elliptical is on the way. I watch TV shows on Netflix (22 minutes each).... so one show is a light elliptical and 2 shows is more intense.
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    So three weeks in..... 10 pounds and a full dress size..... so went dress shopping for upcoming cruise at my favorite store with a discount outlet.... $159 dress for $35..... in a full size smaller..... definitely a good day!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,935 Member
    Options
    Alf, i do daily IF. I ingest all my food between 12:30 pm and 6:30 pm....the rest of the time i do not eat.

I lifted today! BOOM!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    KellySue, oh my!!! Sorry to hear but I am glad he is doing better. (((((HUGS))))

Curious, slow down!!! :)

Welcome to the new members!

It is kinda late want to go to bed!!! I got up really early this morning to do some weight trng at home before work. Then after work I did a Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 workout at home. Hoping I can get to Bikram tomorrow after work. busy busy busy.

Good night!!!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Here's the Friday pic:

fgvlvnuicb3b.jpg

I didn't think it would ever get here! Made it to the gym this morning and did bike intervals. I forgot how tough they can be sometimes! Tomorrow I will be off to Rochester to see hubby. He continues to improve mentally, now to work on getting his physical strength back so that he can get home!!

Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!!!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning.

Kelly Sue, I got a big smile out of the big smile photo. Thanks.

I got my cardio in. I might have mentioned on here about the jumprope I bought recently. I paid a buck for it, but it is really old. Every few days it had been breaking at the handle. Well a few days ago it got too short for me to use, and I can't remember to buy more rope. So I have been tying it around my waist and doing virtual jumping using the handles. Because I'm not having to stop every few seconds because I'm tripping over the rope, I'm getting a much better workout. I do 72 seconds at the beginning and end of my workout, and my calves are so tight. At this point, I may not replace the rope, but just keep using the handles.

I'm thinking about an omelette for breakfast. About six days a week I have the same old flaxseed meal, cereal, granola, seeds, nuts, fruit, yogurt and protein powder, so it is good to have a treat once in a while. Plus I have ham, bacon and pork tenderloin to soup it up.

It's a rainy day here. I'm guessing there will be no chance for a bike ride.

Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    What's up all. I'm 45 & been at this for awhile...starting with a wedding in October, I kinda slacked off over the holidays...result: 8 lb gain. Starting Dec 26th I started the militant tracking & workouts, and am now down 10 lbs from there & .5 lb under goal (169.)

TRACKING WORKS!