40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers!!! Sorry but too many to welcome individually. Stick around to get to know and help each other out!!

I am enjoying IF again but these last two days I havent eaten as healthy as I should. :( I did lose 2 lbs this past week. Yeah!! I hope to keep it up!!! Hubby and I are going on another cruise at the end of March so that is my main motivation right now but regardless I am desperate to go back to where I was in Oct. One step at a time. It was a busy day today so I worked out at home. I did chest, shoulders, triceps and abs workout and a ripped in 30 phase 1 dvd. Hoping to make it to the gym tomorrow.

KS, glad to hear your husband is doing better. My husband and I went touring some day habilitation facilities for our son with a case manager today and we rode in the 2014 Toyota Highlander. I was impressed by it, very spacious and comfortable. I will be looking for a car for myself at the end of this year or beginning of next.

Sdereski, great seeing you!!! :)

Caramel, I hope you stay safe. I wish I can send you some of our weather here, it is quite nice!

Beeps, I have been working out in the morning lately and havent been feeling too bad not eating right away. I wish I could work out later in the day but I am either at work or have something going on...I like to eat dinner with my family so I'd rather fast for breakfast. So far I have been doing 11am to 7pm for my eating window. That is what I did before. Now with my gym membership it might be easier this way to skip a workout in the morning and then workout at the gym after work, go home and have dinner with the familia.

Good night everyone, stay safe and warm!!! :)
  • DianePK
    DianePK Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, but was in my best shape ever 5 years ago when I turned 40. Since then I had a skiing accident which led to me gaining 22.5kg! I am now over not looking like me. My face looks puffy and fat, my thighs chafe and I feel dreadful. I have lost 5.9kg so far but still have a long haul ahead. I will feel OK at the halfway mark and at least be in the high end of a healthy weight range.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I've been on a staycation since 1-19-15, but back to work tomorrow. I really enjoyed the time away from the office. After the year-end craziness, I needed a break.

I was super lazy during my week off. Took lots of naps and watched movies. But, I did stay on track food-wise.

The other weight management site I belonged to shut down last Thursday. About 60 members there have migrated to MFP, and 54 are members of the group I set up for them here. They are struggling, but are slowly figuring it out here. Just takes time to get used to it.

I see a lot of new people here. Welcome all!

Bye. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Beeps- Your workplace gym sounds awesome! Good for you!

I am struggling healthwise today. I have some terrible stomach pains- don't know if it is leftover from whatever I had on Friday or what, but BLAH!
    I was supposed to have Jake this morning, but he had some kind of allergic reaction over the weekend and ended up in the ER. He's much better now and the doctor ran some tests yesterday so we just have to wait and see what the results are, but my daughter decided to have my son-in-law's aunt watch him at the house today. Also, it was so crummy here weather wise last night that I didn't really want them to drive all the way out to my house if it was going to be bad this morning. It turned out to be OK, just really cold, but I live in a snow belt area so you just never know.

Next workout day for me will hopefully be Friday. It's just the way my schedule works.

Have a great day everyone!!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We had 19 inches of snow @ 8a this morning. Lovely morning home with the family. More snow continues to fall. Big breakfast so no IF today.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

Lazy day here at the Ranchero. I took a pass on my weekly shopping trip to Marianna. Will pick up what I need later in the week at Blountstown. I did do my AM cardio and breakfast, but there may be a nap in my future. {I did work late last night}

You guys with the weather be safe. Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro

This morning's omelette was made with 1/2 serving of Larro's Turkey Meatloaf, 110g eggs, 7g Swiss, 15g 2% milk and 73g Broccoli stir-fry veggies. Also had green beans and toast. Plus Greek Vanilla yogurt, my latest protein smoothie, Greek Plain yogurt, strawberries and blueberries. It turned out very well.

v46qpq6av54k.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,935 Member
    Options
    Alf - your IF program sounds great!

KellySue - I hope Jake is okay. Alllergies suck

Larro! Looks yummy

Did my group maxstrength class today. BOOM!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids,
    I went to yoga at the gym near my house after work yesterday, and that was great. Today I did the Hard CORE 12:15 - 12:45 lunch workout, and it annihilated me! I guess I'd better do it again on Thursday. ;)
    Tuesday is "girl's night" so my gf & I will enjoy a cocktail along with a healthy dinner.

Beeps, it's cool that your office has a really good gym! We have a, well, a space in the break room where staff have accumulated some great equipment over the years. Kind of like a gym ... *sigh* green smiley.

Larro, sometimes I get jealous (today's theme?) that you get to eat so much! It always looks / sounds so yummy.

Nick, the snow day with the fam sounds fun & cozy.

KS, I hope you get to feeling right again soon!

Welcome back from the staycation Myg. Good job staying on track with the food! Good movies?

Alf, congrats on those 2 lbs. You'll get there. A cruise can be pretty motivating!

Greetings to the new folk. Keep posting! It makes you cool!

How is everyone else doing? Maybe you don't have power! :\ . Hope you're all well, safe, happy, and lifting something heavy!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello there!!! Good to hear from some of you affected by the weather. It looks it wasnt too bad but I prefer our weather in South TX, it was in the 70's today expecting 80 tomorrow! I did my legs, back and biceps workout and the stepmill at the gym. I love that machine!!! Kicked my own bootay!!! LOL Any of you can do pullups?? Don't ask me why? but I want to be able to do at least one!! My upper body has never been too strong. :(

Diane, hang in there girl!! You will get back in shape!!!

Beeps, Curious, I am jealous you have nice gyms at work. We don't!!

KS, glad to hear Jake and you are doing better. Take care!

Good night!!! :)
  • ginxx27
    ginxx27 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    hi all im new here...im not to good that this yet just getting started but i want to loose some weight about 15 pounds...if you want to be my friend plz add me...

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 43 and getting so frustrated with weight loss. I lost weight years ago and have maintained no problem for years. I like to stay 135-140ish range. Last winter I was at 137 and then edged up to 140 and staying there, figure it's because I have been doing kettlebell workouts 3 times a week on top of my cardio kickboxing 3-4 times a week (we work out against the heavy bag). Then over the summer I was up to 143, small vacations seem to mess things up. Took months but I finally got back to 140 at the beginning of December. Then I went off the rails eating carbs (which I don't track but that month there was a lot of chocolate drizzled popcorn and ginger pita chips) and I was at 148 after Christmas. I've been back to working out 6-7 times a week, walking to work every day and I just was at the doctor and her scale says 150lb! I almost cried!

Unfortunately a big part I think is hormonal, I seem to be in stage two of menopause and she assures me the weight will come off but it's driving me nuts. My clothes are tighter than usual and it's just so depressing. I'm not good at "dieting". I eat healthy, or try to. Steel cut oats with dried cherries for breakfast and 1/2 glass of milk, almonds and dried cherries for snack (small container), I've lately switched to the Costco quinoa salad for lunches to try and up my protein, I was doing spinach salad with a hardboiled egg. Then homemade dinners, since I'm cooking for my three kids and I don't want to cook separate and frankly I'm more concerned with non-processed food and they certainly don't need low carb or calorie foods. I do like a treat in the evening, since I find I can't go from 6pm to 6:30am without some kind of snack and I like my beer or coolers on the weekend.

In an effort to get back on track after Christmas I put my calorie goal down to 1300, most days I eat 1700-1800 and burn over 500 cal in exercise.

Sorry for the epic whine. Just wondering, am I doing something wrong or is it all hormonal? Anyone else have this issue?
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    My doctors scale was 5 pounds heavier than my home scale. Plus I weigh myself without clothes at home. I don't see that your diary is public? Its probably all hormonal though. I'm 47 and haven't hit menopause yet...trying to lose the 35 more pounds before I get there.
  • LouisianaCajun
    LouisianaCajun Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    42 in the house!
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    Creative ways any of you have managed to exercise? Mine was tonight! I'm a Principal and stayed at school for an evening meeting. I changed clothes, locked myself in a classroom after most of the teachers had gone between school and the meeting, and cued up my favorite 45 minute exercise video from YouTube onto the classroom SmartBoard..... I believe that was pretty darn creative of me.... just curious about any other unique "getting in the exercise no-matter-what", stories you might have!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Creative ways any of you have managed to exercise? Mine was tonight! I'm a Principal and stayed at school for an evening meeting. I changed clothes, locked myself in a classroom after most of the teachers had gone between school and the meeting, and cued up my favorite 45 minute exercise video from YouTube onto the classroom SmartBoard..... I believe that was pretty darn creative of me.... just curious about any other unique "getting in the exercise no-matter-what", stories you might have!

When I was loosing, I walked 2 miles every night at work. These days I struggle getting enough calories to keep up with my AM cardio.

Larro
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Cool Kids,
    How are you east coaters doing?
    Glorious here on the Redwood Coast. There are "king tides" this week, which means really high highs and low lows. The bay this morning was so full, and the sky was gorgeous pinks and golds. Pretty nice way to start the day. I was driving though :\ . My bicycle is still at the shop, but it should be done today and can start riding again tomorrow.

Canadian, I have a set of 5 lb dumbells in my office, and occassionally cue up one of my favorite 15-minute standing routines. Your smart board workout sounds very smart!

3furballs, agreed that different scales will give you different results. In fact, my housemate has a scale that makes me fee better! ;) . If you can, use the same scale consistently. As for hormones ... it may be. Your exercise and food intake seem to suggest you're toeing the line there. Don't give up!

Alf, I can't do a pull-up either. Even when I was ridiculously fit in my 20's I couldn't do one. I know a few women that can, but not many, and they are seriously buff!

Hello to all you other quiet kids and newcomers.

• nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of snowmageddon - 33 record breaking not since 1888 inches of white stuff. Of course work deadlines don't know that. Arghh. DD has been home 6 days with Flu and then snow. We all need to get out. Played out a bit yesterday but was super cold and so much fluffy sleds sank. Had to snow shoe a sled track :smiley: Snack snack snack in the cold ... doing my best though. IF is for work days.
    Hello to all!
    Alf - pull-up is a great goal. And I can't do one. I do practice monkey bars as a stepping stone whenever I get kids to playgrounds.
    Body Fat reduction is a side goal to my lose weight goal.
    I always use the same scale for the exact same reason 3furballs. Only way to stay sane. I also jump on every morning as a check in for myself.
  • LouisianaCajun
    Options
    Never thought about using the smart board!! Thanks for sharing!
  • LouisianaCajun
    Options
    Nickpnh. I wish we could get snow where i live! Im here in the hot *kitten* Louisiana where we have an abundance of humidity
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Just over a month, and I can join this awesome club! Super excited!