40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Cool Kids.

It's so good to see all the golden oldies here this morning, plus all the new folks too. Seems everyone is doing good work with food and workouts.

I was late starting my AM cardio and lifting this morning. It was almost 1100 before I pulled on my lifting gloves. Then from the first curl I knew it was going to be a struggle. So what did I do? I went back up to five sets, and down to two minutes rests between sets. 53 minutes minus 8 minutes of rest for 45 minutes of actual lifting. Since it was so late when I started, it was 1300 before I ate breakfast. That means I'm one meal behind for the day. It will be a peanut butter at bedtime kind of day, trying to reach my calorie goal.

Margie came home early, so we might go for a walk or bike ride. It's 66F and sunny. Very nice out today.

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Larro

PS: I'm changing my check-in day to Friday. {but I was 175.0 this morning}
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Curiousgeorgianna that's for the props! They are crazy, especially for someone like me. I have always said I don't just have one sweet tooth, I have an entire mouth full. I have been finding that having just a couple squares of a dark organic chocolate really helps satisfy my craving for sweets. Like you I wish I could afford a PT, my one niece is actually a PT but has not time for her old aunt....guess her being busy is a good thing.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    mlssalnrd wrote: »
    Cool kids, you rock. On a slightly different topic, im new to mfp, when I was logging my exercises I noticed that there is no category fr hiit classes and weight training does not count in my diary as calories burned. Wht s up with that?

I log my lifting as cardio. Just enter it into the search box as weight lifting/strength training.

Thanks. I only recently started a regular timed strength training / weight lifting video a week ago and wanted to track.

73641431.png

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello hello!!!! Larro, who are you calling old??? LOL

Caramel, I am beat after reading your post!! Yikes! Good for you!!

I did my workout at home while my son was doing his music therapy downstairs. I did Jilliam Michaels Ripped in 30 level 1 video and a full body strength trng session with heavy weights. It felt great, sweating up a storm. Has anyone done ripped in 30? I have done 30 day shred years ago. Her videos are pretty good, they seem basic and easy but they are not, especially if you give your all. Check them out in youtube. They are all pretty much there and for free!!! I am surprised they havent taken them down.

I am planning an Bikram class tomorrow, 5:45am Yeah!!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Had a great workout at cardio kickboxing tonight. Is it wrong that I love hitting and kicking the bag so much?
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday cool kids.

Yesterday was a complete bust for me. Such a LONG day! Busy, busy day at work, with my quarterly stats due to the government for today, our Women's Gala event is tonight, so lots of last minute work that needs doing (got all our gift bags filled last night - 200 of them!), bridge night last night, and I could NOT find a spare. So got home around 11, which is actually an early night for bridge. Got home and made my truffles for the baby shower. I think I crawled into bed around 12:30 a.m. This morning, made sure the room and bathroom were all ready for my B&B guests arriving today. Whew! There was no time to exercise or eat. So.....had dessert at bridge, a wonderful strawberry, rhubarb pie and ate snacks - mainly stuck to the raw nuts, but still!!!!

Today is not going to be much better. :p Heading over to the banquet hall to set the tables and make sure everything is ready for 6:00 p.m. tonight. Tables, dessert, sound, decorations.....you get the idea. I did manage to get my talking notes written out.

Make your Friday count - add a little extra for me. :)
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Larro, we need someone like you at our banquet hall - making sure it is all set up and ready to go for us. ;)
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    s29zu6pk97ez.jpg

Happy Friday All! Friday pic is up!! That is how I feel at the end of most weeks! I had an interesting morning. I was up at 6:00 to get ready to head to the gym. I went out to shovel and got my whole walkway shoveled and was heading back to the house when I went sliding on a slick patch. Next thing I know I had done a...uhhm...lovely swan dive into the snow! I'm not sure how graceful I looked but am sure glad that I don't have any close neighbors! I was all wet from the snow and almost didn't go to the gym, but decided to change really quickly and get my sore butt in gear. (I think I pulled a muscle!) I went and did some walking and some intervals as well. Glad I went in the end!

I will go tomorrow to work out for a bit, then I have a hair appointment that has been postponed twice by my hair dresser who has been under the weather, but I have not heard from her yet, so I am hoping that we are still on for tomorrow. Then it will be off to see hubs for a while before I head out to do some car shopping. Then dinner with my parents. Sunday is am church and then Super Bowl party in the evening. Busy as always!!

I hope you all have a Fabulous day and a great weekend.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" ~ Audrey Hepburn
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hello!!!!!! I made it to Bikram this morning! Loved it!!! I'm at work now.
  • alf1163
    Options

I don't know what happened to the rest of my post!!! :o

Sdereski, have s great time at the Gala!! You are a busy bee!

KS, glad you are ok. Yikes!

Have a great Friday!!
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Greetings, all. and hearty self-welcome (to me) to the group!
    I hope I am following correct protocol posting this here

Long term Goals:
    • Maintainhealthy and active lifestyle
    • Continue to offer my boys some competition on the court/field/track
    • Catch up with my running coach bellasposa

Short term
    NY marathon 2015/2016
  • scmom2boyz
    scmom2boyz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!! I turned 40 in Nov. & it freaked me out!!! lol.That's when I realized I want to be a healthy & hot 40 and not a fat & frumpy 40. I am a sahm with 2 boys 15 & 8 been married 20 years. I joined MFP Jan.2 & need to lose 55 lbs. Lost 8 so far!!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Cool Kids.

Jackie, the one piece of chocolate would never work for me. I have to go with the zero pieces of chocolate, or the whole bag. I do eat tons of fruit, so it's not uncommon for me to go over on my sugar goals.

Kikon, I have found MFP overestimates calorie burns. I do 120% of the cardio I log. That is six minutes of exercise for every five logged. Yesterday's lifting was 45 minutes so I logged 36 minutes. I'm sure it is more or less according to the person and how hard you are working out, but it has worked for me.

Alf, what I meant to say was it was good seeing all the folks who had longevity in this great thread. Working out at 0545? I hate to say it, but I read until after 0400 this morning. And the bad thing is I hit the wall just 20 pages from the end of the book. If I had known I could make the end, I could have quite at 0100 and got a good night's sleep.

3furballs, if you love hitting stuff, keep on hitting it. My arthritis keeps me from doing any contact sports.

sdereski, if it wasn't for my set-up/clean-ups I would have trouble making a living. Sometimes I have to work late at night, but I can make as much in three hours with a clean-up than I make in a long day riding the clock. I do work with a lot of wedding planners and caterers, but my bailiwick is the tables, tablecloths {if they use ours}, chairs and sound system. Glad to see you are busy. I'm in the January doldrums right now. I've been averaging working 2.5 days a week this month.

Kelli Sue, once again you rock with the picture of the day. Stay safe with the snow aerobics, though. Hope you have a good visit with hubby.

Hello to everyone else, new and old, I mean longer term members of the club, alike.

I've done my AM cardio and cooked another omelette. This one with sausage, stir-fry veggies and Swiss. Not too bad.

Friday is my new check-in day, so here are the numbers:

21.7% Body Fat
    57.1% Body Water
    24.4 BMI
    174.3 Pounds

It looks like 174 is going to be my weight. I've tried to get back up to 176, and I just have not been able to do it. I hate to think about what will happen when gardening and grass cutting season starts with their huge calorie burns.

Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro

l4gnmvqfd3my.jpg
  • teresaryan67
    teresaryan67 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,935 Member
    Options
    i won't respond to everyone individually....suffice it to say it seems like you are all busy!

I am at board meetings today. No lifting. Tomorrow is kidlet basketball day. No lifting. Maybe Sunday when all the guys are watching the superbowl I could go lift. Or I could just eat-my-face-off since my period is due, anyway.

We shall see how that all works out!

Have a great weekend, all!
  • Sylvarose
    Sylvarose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Haven't checked in awhile. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still on track. Super excited today. Had a wellness check sponsored by work this morning. My numbers (BP, cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose, etc...) were better than last years! I was in the optimal or near optimal (right on the border) range for everything except for weight and BMI. Quite a reversal from last year where I was on the border of being at risk for everything. My weight was of course down from last year as well. It's funny, I knew walking in they were going to be good! I just knew it!

-SR
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids! :D
    Great news Sylvarose!
    Beeps - get yourself to that gym Sunday!
    Larro, I run into the same thing with sugar intake from fruit. It seems like there should be some sort of distinction between whole foods and processed foods with added sugars.
    Alf, I've never tried Bikram yoga, but have done traditional yoga practices for years. I love it too!
    KS, great picture. Did you flap your arms and legs to make a snow angel while your were there? Have a great time at the super bowl party.
    Sdereski, holy mole! You are ridiculously busy. Remember to breathe.
    Myg, yes, the weather's been great here too. Enjoy your walks!

I almost didn't go to the killer core class at lunch yesterday -- I could hear all of those distracting conversations in my head about how inconvenient it was going to be to change clothes & whatnot-- but I went anyway! Good for me! My NSV for the day. Today is an off day. Tomorrow is Power Flow Yoga, and Sunday, of course, is paddling about in the ocean. A motorcycle ride will be in there somewhere.

Keep up the awesome work everyone! Have a great weekend.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all! What a busy bunch!

KelleySue, glad you are ok! I'm pleasantly surprised that I haven't wiped out on my 30 min walk to work, the sidewalks are super icy and it's been mild enough a few days to get it melted a bit, just to freeze even smoother at night. Now it's covered in a fairly thick blanket of snow, which I figured just made for a better workout getting to work.

I'm off to cardio kickboxing tonight and tomorrow is kettlebell and kickboxing. Pretty excited, I signed up for a seminar/workout with Donica Storino! She is coming to our karate school in February (apparently she's friends with our instructor Tammy Bernardo). Should be awesome! I'm really liking kettlebell.

Now to kick those 10lbs, which would be easier if I hated chocolate and beer!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Curious- I did not! I landed face first initially and then rolled over before getting up and then the only think I wanted to do was get out of my rather wet and snowy clothes- had I been dressed warmer, I would have! As a matter of fact, when my grandson was over yesterday we were watching Disney and he saw someone on a program making a snow angel and laid down on the floor and started copying them. I told him if he had his snow pants we could have gone outside but it was too cold to do it without them. Fun!

2u6bfkyluhb9.jpg