40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, ham and cheese omelette, green beans and garlic parm toast. Also blueberries, raspberries and strawberries with vanilla Greek yogurt and my latest smoothie. Not too bad.

ac4i3ztfosnc.jpg
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday kids....

I tend to shy away when I am not myself.

We are expecting another storm tonight which will run into tomorrow. I do not believe in rushing time as it is fast enough without wishing, yet I am ready for winter to be over already. SHEESH!!!!!!

Welcome newbies. I hope you stick around and get some cool kid support.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Blue Friday Go Hawks
    agwv8a5ag4h4.png
  • SkpTex66
    SkpTex66 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I sent a request. Not sure if it went through. I would like to join the group. Please add me.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    is everyone ready for the weekend?
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hey Kid's !
    Dropped another pound. 3 pounds under my initial goal. :)
    Managed to alter a few of my clothes last night. Nice to have a few more things that fit.

Took Josie to the Doctor's Wednesday. She is referring her to a counselor. She said we had been doing everything right so far. She's hoping a counselor will be able to teach Josie some coping skills. Tantrum's shouldn't last an hour long. Don't give in.
    She had another hour long one today. I was returning an unwanted waffle iron we received for Christmas. The gifter couldn't be bothered to bring me the receipt after I asked several weeks ago. So I guess I'm just ungrateful. :( I only got $8.40 for it. So if anyone wants a fancy waffle maker Kohl's has that one on sale in store. It was on sale for $29.99 on their website.
    I really dislike returning things. Stores always cheat you out of what was paid. My m.i.l. took back a shirt she had brought Josie and only received $3.00 with her gift receipt.

We are dog sitting again. All weekend and some next week while my neighbor has a mass removed.

Anyway...
    Larro - your the only person I know who eats green beans for breakfast. LOL. Funny joke !

Kelly Sue - I love that you are so upbeat with all the stress in your lives. I continue to pray for you. Love the picture.

Hello Newbies ! I'll check back later. I need a nap.
  • trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am in - 46 Years old and about 30 pounds to loose.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Kate7294 wrote: »
    Hey Kid's !
    Dropped another pound. 3 pounds under my initial goal. :)
    Managed to alter a few of my clothes last night. Nice to have a few more things that fit.

That is awesome!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday to all!

Saturday cardio will be switched to weights this week.

BOOM!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids!
    Enjoying a busy day at work. Have a couple of meetings to plan & lead. Rode the bicycle in again this morning. So pretty. I saw a barn owl! Love those guys. Fridays are my decadent days -- B & I have manhattans and play cribbage. It's nice to have traditions.

Caramel, I hope you stay warm through the storm. Hope you're finding peace over there.
    SkpTex, no need to get invited, just jump into the conversation!
    Kate, wow! Under goal. Good thing you have altering skills. I never did learn to sew. I hope the counselor is a good fit for Josie.
    Beeps, the IF routine sounds interesting. I can already feel my resistance when I think about trying it, so there must be something there for me to learn! Have fun lifting tomorrow.
    Larro, the joke was pretty funny ! Love the pic of the bike at the river. Your approach the the jump rope was brilliant!
    Ruby! Hi!
    KS, that pic is over the top cute. Happy Friday to you. So glad the gym is keeping you engaged!
    Alf, I've done the ripped in 30 workouts a few times, and they are butt-kickers! Good work out!
    Canadian, how's the new eliptical?
    Mindful, it sounds like you've got a great set up for working out at home!
    Kim_m, it's so hard when you want to eat everything. Totally know that feeling. How are you doing?
    riekjeb, how are things in the Netherlands?

Welcome to all the other newbies, and "hi" to the rest of you cool kids.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice here, so definitely some Buttercup time.

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    HEY HEY HEY!!! I did some strength trng this morning, legs/back/biceps, before work. Then I went to Bikram after work. It was brutal, I kicked my own butt. LOL But it felt soooo good!!! Weighing in tomorrow, not too sure I have but I feel pretty good and that is what counts in the end. Right???? Hmm LOL

KellySue, love the pic!! Have a great visit with your hubby. ((((HUGS))))

BOOM aka Beeps, when do you lift/workout? before or after your eating window? It's been a while since I've done IF but I do know that I enjoyed doing it. The only thing is that I always worried if I was doing the right thing exercising in the morning while fasting and not eat until much later. I guess I should just jumped right into it again and see how I feel, right? right.

Caramel, what's wrong sweetie?

Larro, that looks yummy, yes, it does even the green beans. :)

Welcome newbies!!!! Post away!!!! Kate7294, my daughter's nickname is Jossie. :) Hang in there!!!

Good night everyone!!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    SkpTex66 wrote: »
    I sent a request. Not sure if it went through. I would like to join the group. Please add me.

Skp Tex, Hey there! This is not a private group. All you do is just simply join in the conversation. We love all the cool people to join!!! :)

• nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey all made it through my first weekend day of IF. Thought I might cave around kids this morning but just had a cup of tea. Good thing too. Made cinnamon rolls last night and turns out (using recipe calculator thing) they are A LOT of calories (more than I guessed). Then a long round of snowshoeing and snow play with the boys - out for 2+ hours, was beautiful. Daughter has the flu :-(
    Hope you all are enjoying the weekend and keeping moving.
    Laundry calling....
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    Alf, i try to workout between 11 am and 12:30 pm....so, at the end of my 16-hour fasting period, I lift, and then I eat.

I think IF is soooo different for everyone! Try and move with your own natural rhythm. If you aren't hungry in the evenings, but love to eat at breakfast time and lunchtime, try to fast from 3:30 pm to 6:30 am, for eg. If lunchtime is rushed for you, why not only eat breakfast and supper....skip lunch altogether.

:)

I skipped my cardio workout today. Just too much stuff goin' on.
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'll join the conversation. Let's see if I can remember to check in! I'm 41, mom of three, dog-mom of two, full-time worker who is (truly) gluten-sensitive. I don't mind eating healthy, but my motivation for exercise is nonexistant. So my weight is coming off more slowly than I'd like, and I am not as strong or fit as I'd like.

I can sure use some cheer-leaders for fitness. :)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I had to go in to work early this morning, so I did my AM cardio at 9:00PM tonight. I would have loved to take a day off, but spice cake.

Larro
  • jeannettemancini
    jeannettemancini Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It truly is harder after 40. I did this about 10 years ago (pre kids) and basically lost weight just by counting calories and halfheartedly exercising a few times a week. Lost 43 lbs in 6 months. But 3 kids and many bad habits later, and all of that weight is back. I have been trying for 2 years now, and it just doesn't "fall" off anymore! I exercise harder, and track every mouthful. I am loosing though, and I am determined to just keep going down, no mater how slowly, and not give up.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I am 43 with three kiddles and a supportive (new) husband. I am a lifelong runner who has added weight lifting during the last year. For the last few years, I've trained for a half marathon at some point during the year and have ended up with back issues/frustrated. This year, I've decided to get back to basics. I'm running one 5K per quarter, focusing on whittling down my time. I'm putting in some more time in the gymto strengthen my core and target certain muscles (glutes? just learning this) so my hips, knees and back aren't taking all the stress.

I'm not super-careful about what I eat, but I am trying to drop about 20 pounds to make the running easier on my body. Not sure if I'll succeed - never been very good with dieting. I'm happy to receive - and give! - support ...
  • MsLizLee26
    MsLizLee26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I'm 44 and need all the motivation I can get. Please add me to the group, as I'm not sure how.
  • beesmum
    beesmum Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    id love to join. how do you join a group in here? sorry, i don't often go into the discussions but i have just started to for additional support.