40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Cool Kids

I've done my lifting, cardio, breakfast and cleaned up from cooking. Not sure if I will do much of anything else today. The lifting kicked my butt.

The folks who have been leasing our hayfield hasn't paid us for last season, and we really don't want the hassle of haying it ourselves. We bought our hay baler in 1978, and while it still works, it is an art form to keep it together and rolling bales. So Sister and I decided to plant those 10 acres in longleaf pines. It is late in the planting season so we have to get moving. I have been trying to round up seedlings and equipment the last hour. Which is everyone's lunch break, so I have got nothing done. I hate talking on the phone anyway. The County Forestry Office is just 7 or 8 miles away, so I'm tempted to just drive over.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday.

Today's omelette was sausage, 4 cheese Mexican, 2% milk and mixed veggies. Served with green beans, a carrot, toast and yogurt, yogurt, smoothie, strawberries and blueberries. Yum. Too many calories though. Good thing I am so stuffed.

Larro

mvfl3b8sxyms.jpg
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids!
    I'm actually having to work at work this week ;) . A lot! So no time to respond to you all individually. Sorry! Hopefully next week will be quieter.
    Tonight I have a session at the gym where I'll learn how to use the rope thingies, kettlebels and weighted balls. Should be fun!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello there!!!! I wouldn't worry about the sugar in fruit. Just count the sugar in processed foods. The less the better and the less cravings you will have.

Sdereski, 31 degrees!! Brr I was shaking today and it was close to 50! LOL. Did you do a 24hr fast? I've never been able to do one, the closest has been 20hrs. Do you allow yourself up to 500 cals on fasting days?

I did my workout after work at home. I have only been able to make it to the gym once this week but I have been working out at home. I might have to skip my Bikram tomorrow but plan to lift and do a video in the morning before work. I'm hoping I can make it to Bikram this weekend. My goal is once a week, wish it could be more. I love the way it makes me feel.

Good night!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Today was WHT day....12 sets of 5. I Used 155 lb. barbell. Am sore. BOOM!

Beeps! Loca!!!!! 155lbs, insane!!!!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,935 Member
    Options
    BOOM for sure, caramel!

"Yum" to larros picture.

Curious - hope you had a good gym session.

Alf....i want to get to 200 this year, so i still have work to do.

No workout today....sad....
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Made it to my workout class yesterday. I left a puddle on my mat. :p Made sure I worked out good! Fast day and water intake went well yesterday.

I too, am always over in my sugars. Darn sugar...can't get away from it! :confounded:

I'm always over on sugar and under on protein. I've decided that as long as there is a reasonable amount of nutrition with my sugar, I'm not going to beat myself up. I guess I could change my goal composition?

Sdereski, I'm really glad you had a thorough workout. I may have had too many puppies in my life, though, because 'leaving a puddle on a mat' brings me a totally different image! Lol!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Yes, HAPPY FRIDAY!
    alis - lol, the puddle was definitely a sweat puddle. At least that is my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Got my run in yesterday. Was going to bail and do a workout at home, but then thought I probably would not get it in as my husband was home and we would probably chat instead. Glad I ran. Had bridge last night and told myself the entire way there - "am not having dessert. am not having dessert". Walked in and saw these beautiful homemade chocolate cupcakes with lovely dark chocolate ganache swirled on top with fresh berries and I was a goner. They were TO. DIE. FOR. This from someone that is not a big cupcake fan.
    Alf - that was 31 BELOW zero; 50 would feel like summer around here. :D
    Yes, I did a 24 hour fast and do probably take in approx 500 cals that day. I will allow myself 1 piece of fruit, a hard boiled egg - only if really hungry and a few raw veggies. That's it. Used to do them weekly, so am trying to get back into it.
    carmel - happy to hear from you and that you are still going stong! WTG!!
    curious - hate when work gets in the way. ;) Sounds like the workouts are going well.
    Beeps - 155lbs is badass for sure.
    h6qktq2mj345.jpg
  • alf1163
    Options
    Sdereski, I didn't see that! OH NO!!!! I think the lowest I've experienced has been in the teens, well maybe just under 0 a long time ago, probably in Chicago over 30 yrs ago. Brr!!!!

Beeps, how can you even do 1!!!! Do you use a spotter???

I did my workout this morning at home, I feel I need more, I packed gym clothes but doubt I'll make it to the gym after work.

Have a great weekend!!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Holy cow Sdereski! 31 Below?!? Running makes the cupcakes ok ;) . Good job on run.
    Beeps, Dang! 155 lbs. kicks butt. Boom!
    Alf, way to stick to a workout schedule at home. I've never been good at that, and admire your discipline.
    Caramel, I thought of you the entire time I was being destroyed by the TRX class last night. I could barely turn the doorhandle when I got home I was so whipped. I'm gonna have to work up to this, and I will, but I definitely had my butt handed to me.
    Have a great and healthy weekend everyone.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

My trainer KILLED me last night with the weights and from the neck down I can barely move.

CG-- I am happy that you thought of me. I hope you stick to it. For extreme Fit we had a kettle ball circuit, and a TRX circuit and it was brutal. Hang in there and do not give up. It does get better.

Larro-Love the pictures, how is mom doing?

Alf--I am glad you are moving along with your fitness goals.

Sdrereski, I am happy it is Friday. Do you have any upcoming races planned?

Beeps---200 is definitely doable.

KellySue--Hope you are well and Hubby is recovering.

Kate--I am impressed with your loss'. I hope the baby is doing better.

Hello newbies

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Did not get workout in, yesterday, so did two splits today! Yikes!! Deadlift day (12 sets if 5) and bench press (same thing), and curtsy lunges, skullcrushers, pushups, kettlebell swings, shoulder press and all my dynaband (hips, fire hydrants, clam shells, abduction) work - plus stretching/rumble-rolling. Fuuuuuucccckkkkk am I DONE. BOOM!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Holy cow you guys are inspiring! I hit up kickboxing tonight, Tammy always has an intense and varied workout for us. My poor arms are killing me this week, lots of pushups and tones of punching.

Tomorrow is kettlebell and kickboxing. Hoping to use the yellow bell for a lot of class (16kilo). I don't use it as much as I'd like during the week but I find at 6am classes I'm not quite at full strength and pulled my back a bit a few weeks ago in my over enthusiastic state, so slow and easy it is.

I think I'm most pumped about going for a massage!! I put a rib out a few weeks ago, not as painful as I've done before so I didn't get into the chiro right away and it's kind of made the right side of my back tight and sore. So looking forward to a massage.

Off to couch surf and read!
  • mommyjill2005
    mommyjill2005 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there I joined the 40 club last July and I am finally adopting a healthy lifestyle! So tired of being tired and out of shape. I am on here for round 2..... lost 20 pounds on here 2 years ago and stopped using MFP and gained it all back :( I am a busy mom, run my own counseling business, and have an autistic son. Looking foward to losing 30 to 40 pounds. Thanks for having me!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm one tired puppydog tonight. I spent all afternoon on the tractor. It was just about all the cardio I got today, but six hours of it is more than enough. I got the hayfield ready to plant the pines. Here is a picture of the scalper in action.

f93h6nz2pv2l.jpg

I had gloves and a light jacket with me, but it was warm when I started. So they got left on the edge of the field. Then as night was falling, I didn't take the time to go get them until I was finished. I was freezing at 40F, so I will have to leave the negative temps to you guys.

Beeps, I struggle with 38 lbs dumbbells, {76 lbs total} so you are kicking my butt with the weights.

You guys are all doing such good work.

Mamma is well. Margie saved all her birthday wishes on FB and printed them out for her. She got a kick out of that.

Here are the numbers for the week:
    21.4% Body Fat
    24.2 BMI
    172.8 Pounds

It seems my eat more and workout less plan isn't working as well this week.

Larro
  • FEves
    FEves Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Greetings from the snowy north,
    I have one month left of being in my 40s and I have been on MFP since New Years. I'm down 15lbs but I have 60lbs to go! Looking for some support and a kick-in-the-pants when necessary. :) I'd like to hang out here. :)
  • mommyjill2005
    mommyjill2005 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome FEves! Looks like you're doing great!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I watched "Fury" today....tough movie.

Got my cardio done. ZOOM!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Did kettlebell and kickboxing this morning! , And spluged on pad thai for dinner
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    just passing through to say hi from the UK :smiley:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hi there I joined the 40 club last July and I am finally adopting a healthy lifestyle! So tired of being tired and out of shape. I am on here for round 2..... lost 20 pounds on here 2 years ago and stopped using MFP and gained it all back :( I am a busy mom, run my own counseling business, and have an autistic son. Looking foward to losing 30 to 40 pounds. Thanks for having me!

Welcome!!! My son has autism as well. He is 21yrs old. I know how hard it could be. We are dealing with some aggression lately. :'( I hope it is a passing issue. Take care!!