40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids!
    Hope you NE Kids are staying safe and warm. Snow shovelling is great exercise though!
    I FINALLY got my bicycle back and got to ride to work this morning. It was a chilly 42 deg this morning, but a beautiful sunrise. Walking to Hard CORE at the gym for lunch. It's a good think I have so many exercise opportunities today, 'cause it's girl's night tonight, and there is usually some overindulgence.
    Kate, you're doing an awesome job of maintaining! It's so inspiring.
    Sdereski, I love, love LOVE that picture! You look awesome.
    Larro, your breakfast looks so yummy as usual! Thanks for the tip on uploading videos.
    ... Off to page 2 of posts ... our group is getting so big!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids - thanks for the kind comments on the picture. Just to clarify, I had NO idea the picture was in, or going to be used in any magazine. It was taken 2 summers ago, and totally forgot about them. Thought the photographer wasn't really happy with us (although I do recall him saying "great shot" after this one). I think I signed something, but I don't recall. So, was a pretty cool surprise.

Had an out of town meeting yesterday. My calendar reminded me an hour before I had to head out! I managed to make it on time and get a short visit in with my son and DIL (who was due yesterday!). No baby action yet. We all are anxiously waiting and have our phones on JIC!!

Kate, congrats on the weight loss. How much more do you want to lose? You sure are dropping the pounds. Great deals at Kohls to btw. Always great to get a good deal.

Curious - you sure are working it these days! Bet you start seeing some major changes soon.

Alf and Larro - the pics of your meals look so yummy and healthy!

Had lunch with my girlfriends today - it's a weekly ritual that we all look forward to!

Curling tonight! :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,953 Member
    Options
    Alf, your lunch looks AMAZING!

Biking to work and a mid-day workout, curiousgeorge??!?!? my goodness, that IS HARDCORE!

sdereski - this makes you a gramma how many times over?/!?

I got my maxstrength group class in this morning - and I upped my weights in many of the moves, so that felt good.

Tonight hubby and I are going out for dinner - it is our "Valentine's Day" date night....we are heading to OLDcity this weekend to visit with family.

BOOM!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well it was pistol Tuesday at Kickboxing. Ouch! I'm getting good at them using the resistance bands around the top of the hanging bag to pull you up after you touch your butt to the ground on one leg.

Very good workout followed by a pretty healthy dinner with my little monkeys. Off to kettlebell in the morning.
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey all y'all with the hours of kettle bell and cardio twice a day - Does it ever stop making you sore?!? I've been adding in cardio gradually, but wanted to do some muscle building as well. I've done two days of CardioSculpt from Daily Burn (modified version!) and I'm sore and grumpy. This is not how I want to gain muscle.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    I still get achy, but mostly just the days they concentrate on one muscle group. The days we do all body I'm fine. Yesterday we did a whole bunch of squats and pistols so it made for sore legs. I usually find my body is ok, other than when I'm upping weights, working on a particular weak spot or do mostly one body part.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Wow- it has been a while since I have checked in with all of you 40+ers! I have been busy- continuing to shovel and doing some other stuff as well. I bought a new car over the weekend- a Dodge Avenger- I am really liking it so far. It seems to handle well in the snow, which is a huge relief since I went from a Jeep Larrado back to a car. The Jeep was in rough shape and I just couldn't afford the gas for it. Any how, Today is weigh in day for our Biggest Loser Challenge. I am heading there in a few minutes. It starts this week and goes until the week of April 27th. Wish me luck!

Glad to see everyone is still working hard! Have a good one!
  • syligirl
    syligirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone and good morning. You are all inspiring with your workouts, I hear terms like CardioSculpt and which muscle groups you are working on ...and here I am like..yeah I walked and did some zumba..haha I am at the basics, wanting to burn more than I take in. Last year however I did Insanity which is why I lost 50lbs. But so far this year, I am working to get back into the grove and do something which gets me moving daily. When I build up my energy again I may do another round of insanity, it really worked for me. Good luck @Kelly Sue!

Syli
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    syligirl wrote: »
    Hi Everyone and good morning. You are all inspiring with your workouts, I hear terms like CardioSculpt and which muscle groups you are working on ...and here I am like..yeah I walked and did some zumba..haha I am at the basics, wanting to burn more than I take in. Last year however I did Insanity which is why I lost 50lbs. But so far this year, I am working to get back into the grove and do something which gets me moving daily. When I build up my energy again I may do another round of insanity, it really worked for me. Good luck @Kelly Sue!

Syli

Dont sweat it!!! Everyone is at their own level. You are doing more than a lot of people! Keep it up!!!!
  • NinjaoftheBeastAjah
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 45 married with four grown sons, 6 grandkids and two more on the way. I decided to take my health serious when I was diagnosed with an illness. I am almost fifty pounds down and absolutely in love with cross fit. I truly believe if you love your exercise you will continue to do it. I am so excited to find this thread. I look forward to meeting everyone and becoming one of the cool kids!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good morning cool kids,
    didn't get my run in yesterday as I had hoped. Was too tired after work, so went straight home after work to rest before I had to head out to curling. The late night Monday night took its toll on me. It was another late night again last night. Don't particular care for late curling games, but that's the way it goes.
    Beeps - this is grandbaby #2 we are expecting, with a third one in June. :D All girls btw. Makes this mother of only boys very happy. Have fun on your date!

Kelly - congrats on the new car!
    3furballs - great job on those workouts!
    syli - don't sweat it - just do what you can do. We are all at our own level. The fact is you are MOVING and that's a good thing.
    welcome crossfit = congrats on the weightloss!

Heading to the city on Friday for the weekend. My husband turns 60. Wow, that sounds old to me. :|
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids.
    It's my Friday! For those of us who work for the gov't, and live in the US, we can leverage the two holidays -- Lincoln's Birthday tomorrow, and President's Day Monday - into a 5 day stretch by taking Friday off. So I'm all over that! Looking forward to a staycation. Saturday is the poultry fair, so we're going to check out the chicks! ;)

Surprisingly, I wasn't too totaled last night after riding and HardCore yesterday. I rode again today, and plan to head to the gym after work. I really need help setting up some balanced strength training programs that I can follow on my own. None of the classes line up with my work schedule. :\ Hopefully someone there can do that.

Good luck on the Biggest Looser KS! And congrats on the new car. It's good to hear that it handles snow well. I'm eventually going to have to part with my Outback. We've hit 237K miles! Still runs great, but can't last forever.

Syli, Alf is right on. Start where you are. It's the perfect place! Just keep going.

3furballs, I can't even imagine doing a pistol! Butt touching the ground on ony on leg ?!?! Wow!

Alisha, I'm newly returned to strength training, and sore, and yes, eventually it will, but that's when it's time to up your game a bit! A little sore feels kind of good to me. A lot sore may mean that you're starting off a little more intensely than you need to.

Sdereski, how exciting about the new grandchild! How was curling?

Crossfit, I think you're right about loving what you do for exercise!

Hello to everyone else as you check in today. Have a great one.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Options
    My housemate -- a Coastie -- took a picture of us from the helicopter last weekend!

htpjucsame3g.jpg
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    As some people know, I weigh myself daily and “record” my weight once a week. Today I am breaking that self-imposed rule because I weighed myself and found I knocked off that last 2 pounds! I celebrated with cardio exercises and a “Fun” breakfast! (Ok – a little corny).

Next on the agenda – a warm getaway I booked last summer (while still hovering around 300) tied to my weight-loss target...

Comparison%202%20Final_zpslcpvynhn.jpg

Comparison%201%20Final_zpsdlkf7t1v.jpg

Weight%20Virg_1_scale%20only_zpsmrifrzbr.jpg

20150211_093433_breakfast_1%20calories_zpsgederioh.jpg

73641431.png
  • syligirl
    syligirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow Congratulations @NikonPal you are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing

Enjoy that vacation!!

S
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Nikon that is amazing! Congrats on the weightloss and enjoy the vacation.

Curious that looks wonderful!

Sdereski congrats on the new grandbabies to be. My husband and I will be first time grandparents later this month. Little earlier than we thought but still exciting.

Crossfitninja, great job on the weightloss and it is so true that if you find an exercise you love you will stick to it.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Cool Kids.

I'm running late this morning. I have to go into work to set up for an event tomorrow night. {a bunch of lawyers} Also have to run by and pick up the pine tree seedlings on the way. But I've got my AM cardio in and just finished breakfast. The $5 bag sale was still going on yesterday, and I had cleaned out all the men's cloths in my size last week, so I got a bag full of shirts, sweaters and jackets for Margie. She liked over half of them, so that was very good. The ones that she doesn't like or don't fit I will take back. {Yesterday I donated back a bag of slacks that I had bought as I was losing that were too big now} I got a few pairs of pants and shorts at one of my other stores, including more board shorts. As soon as we have a sunny day in the 70's, I'm ready to bust the river wide open.

Alright, I took a two hour break between the beginning and end of this post. I'm still running late, just at a very quick lunch {and packaged up the leftover taco soup for the cleaning lady to take home}, but I haven't got the call about the seedlings, so I might be able to drive the car to work.

CG, love the big ocean picture.

NP, your fun breakfast looks fun. And you look great. Congratulation on a job well done.

Syligirl, I do everything I do slow, and I managed to get down to a healthy size. Just keep at it. And remember it is 80% diet and 20% cardio.

KS, be careful with that snow shoveling. There is a "Good Morning" thread over on my tractorbynet site and hardly a day goes by without someone reporting they slipped on their driveway. {I'm the youngster over there, while here I am the elder statesman}

I have run out of time, so welcome to all the new guys and hello to everyone else.

Hope a happy and healthy day for everyone,

Larro

• MomFLYer
    MomFLYer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok, still adjusting to the VERY active Nursing Assistant job - I'm often too tired to even THINK about doing C25k training....
    -
    Today, I had pains in my right shoulder (arthritis throughout the right side of me) and the arm's been weak all day - I really hope this resolves on it's own, but if it hasn't improved by Thursday next week (next weekday off) I'll have to call my rheum doc. She's angling for me to get an injection in the shoulder, but I'm nervous, only because in my head, the needle is 9 inches long (I know it's not....but.....)

Ok, boys want to have spaghetti again for dinner, and Dear Huggy is cool with that, I only insisted they use elbow macaroni instead of regular spaghetti noodles! I'll try to get on here sooner rather than later.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    KellySue67 wrote: »
    Any how, Today is weigh in day for our Biggest Loser Challenge. I am heading there in a few minutes. It starts this week and goes until the week of April 27th. Wish me luck!

Good luck, for sure!

• Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Beeps - this is grandbaby #2 we are expecting, with a third one in June. :D All girls btw. Makes this mother of only boys very happy.

Very cool.