40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,969 Member
    Options
    It's my Friday! For those of us who work for the gov't, and live in the US, we can leverage the two holidays -- Lincoln's Birthday tomorrow, and President's Day Monday - into a 5 day stretch by taking Friday off.

Enjoy!

• Beeps2011
    Options
    Nicely done, Nikonpal....very nicely done!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No workout today. Just jammed up at work. And, I did Monday-Tuesday back-to-back, so I am "okay" if I don't workout today.

BOOM!
  • jjclem1207
    Options
    Hi!
    Love to join this group! Just turned 40 in December! Lost 25 already and on to my next 25. I am looking to do a half marathon in October of this year and will need running tips. I am a very active cyclist and have done several centuries (even at this heavy weight). Looking forward to all kinds of information!!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like to join this group also. I am a 46 year old woman who lives in central Maine. I started back on MFP Jan 5th and have lost 11 lbs so far. I try to do 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. (I am hoping my endurance will get better and I can do longer) I am doing well logging my food and making much better food choices. Tonight my hubby and son had leftover pizza my daughter brought home and I made me broiled tilapia and leftover long grain rice, and sauted broccoli, zucchini and yellow squash. It was very good and I am full and satisfied and happy I didn't eat the pizza. I have a 19 year old daughter and a 14 year old son, have been happily married for 25 years. I have been quilting for 20 years as a major hobby and do long arm quilting for a few customers. Other than that I am a stay at home mom. Happy to find some people my age. Oh, I have about 30-40 lbs left to loose. Depending on how I feel and look, and when my belly finally leaves me.......
  • roswelltm
    roswelltm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join but I'm not sure how to. I'm 41 and wanting to lose 126 lbs
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    syligirl wrote: »
    Hi Everyone and good morning. You are all inspiring with your workouts. When I build up my energy again I may do another round of insanity, it really worked for me.
    Syli

I agree that doing anything is GREAT! The only reason I'm adding the cardio in is because of the inspiration here. And I think I needed time to build my mental energy even more than my physical energy. So, build yours up and I'll cheer! Go, Syli!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO NIKONPAL!!!!!! What an inspiration!! (*) (*)
  • alf1163
    Options
    4dlwsmqehej4.jpg
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 47, I've lost 70 lbs and want to lose another 40 in a sane safe process. I'm about 5 weeks into MFP, and so far it is working well for me.
  • NinjaoftheBeastAjah
    Options
    Five sets of 10 140 pound deadlifts finished! This time last year I couldn't even do a sit up! Feeling pretty good right now
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

would love to join you guys!! I am a 45 year old woman who has about 20lbs to lose. I am at an all time high for me of 155lbs. I am 5'6 and really comfortable between 130-135. I, like many of you, have a sweet tooth. I try to have something sweet so I don't binge. I workout everyday and have cut back to about an hour a day as more working out did not seem to help with the weight gain. I think the more I worked out, the more I thought I could eat. I just read this great book called one one one diet. it made so much sense and changed the way I looked at what I was eating. the premise of the book is 3 meals and 2 snacks, you should have a protein, carb and fat for each. I am looking for balance in my life at this point, no extremes. I want to feel good. look good and be healthy. not concerned with being super skinny anymore. please look at my diary and let me know your thoughts. I tend to eat the same thing most days. also, I own a cookie company which makes things challenging as I always have cookies in the house....looking forward to joing you guys!

stephanie
  • FEves
    FEves Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I went to Dollerama and picked up some new video DVDs - I was pretty excited to try the new Firm Cardio Dance, but only made it to 40 minutes before I was done in but finished up with some cool-down and stretching, which took it to 60 minutes. I like lots of variety and I'm trying to really commit to daily exercise. Unfortunately, my hip is really sore today and I'm not sure if it's muscle, tendon or joint... :(
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Margie and I went out to eat after she got off work. Since the restaurant is right next to the walking path {rails to trails} we took a nice 25 minute walk before we ate. {this is just a couple of blocks off Blountstown's main drag.

1yxv12xtplcf.jpg
  • TammyW2015
    TammyW2015 Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wow its hard but geez it feels great. I have tried Garcia combogia (I think that is how you spell it) and it has kept my cravings at bay.lost 8kilos have 36 to go. Oh and I am just turning 43.
  • malbala
    malbala Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    MY 1st goal was achieved today...down 10 lbs. My thought is 10 lbs at a time...small steps. In the big picture, I need to do this 7 more times to reach my final goal in weight loss and healthier living. MFP is a great tool..gotta love it!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    malbala wrote: »
    MY 1st goal was achieved today...down 10 lbs. My thought is 10 lbs at a time...small steps. In the big picture, I need to do this 7 more times to reach my final goal in weight loss and healthier living. MFP is a great tool..gotta love it!!

GOOD JOB!!!!!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    dht8cifjutxw.jpg

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am p*ssed off right now, larro, that you don't have a FLECK of snow....we still have 6 feet of it and it feels like winter will NEVER end.

Beautiful flowers, Alf! Nice!

I am going to the gym today. I am going to the gym today. I am going to the gym today.

BOOM.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Beeps, in a few months when I'm in the garden and it's 95F with 95% humidity our roles will be reversed.

Alf, nice flowers.

Malbala, nice loss.

My bad back reared it's ugly head this morning while I was lifting. I still have to set out 120 chairs for tonight's event, so I'm taking it easy until I go to work. Margie took the day off and is playing with/learning to use her new sewing machine. So maybe I will not reap the day off lunch like I usually do. Since I didn't do my full workout, I skipped the lifting day omelette today.

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Larro