40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 1 & Core 1"=Done!

Is this day one for you?
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member

Is this day one for you?
    yup. about to attack day 2. filled the sandbag last night!!

• gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 1"=Done! so, my pull up bar is in another room. I have to run back there instead of that few seconds you get to breath. that last round of 8...ended up being 10...because I wasn't paying attention. D'OH!
  • gam3rguy
    ...some chest & tris at the gym!
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member

Is this day one for you?

I just finished day 2. Have to get some resistance bands for the pull up modifier. Great job! You have a sandbag?
  • gam3rguy

Is this day one for you?

I just finished day 2. Have to get some resistance bands for the pull up modifier. Great job! You have a sandbag?
    I have the sandbag. got 15# in it now. I was going to put 20# in it, but I know we have weighted burpees to overhead press coming up. LOTS of them! lets see how that feels at 15# before bumping up.

• tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    After lying on my back for the past two weeks I seem to have entered a stasis. My back isn't getting better, but it isn't betting worse and is tolerable (if annoying). We had a planned trip to Whistler on Sunday and with the help of vitamin I it went well. Which was good because the snow this month has been crazy good, the kids were complaining that there was too much snow!

Did Providence yesterday, with a lighter kettlebell and the only excercise that seemed to bother me was the figure 8s. The scale has been static for the past two weeks (as I sat on my butt) so hopefully getting moving again with get my progress moving again.

Cheers all.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Finally got out for a run yesterday! yay me. It was good, but slow. No worries, the speed will improve the more I get out. 3.9 miles. Spring like weather here. Roads were bare and dry. :smile: So different than the last 2 years, thank gawd!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Glad to hear most are well into the exercise train!!! Sdereski, nice job with your workouts!!! Your granddaughter story is super funny!! I'm sometimes left with my mouth open when I hear my 7 yr old talk about anything. They are definitely more "advanced" than when we were kids. Yikes!!!

So how is this 22 minute hard core program? Is it really 22 minutes?

Tojo, hope you get better soon.

Me, well, I've managed to get hurt AGAIN!!!!! Yep, this time my left shoulder. It feels like when I hurt my right one which was diagnosed as tendinitis. I was doing so well with my workouts. Grr!!!!! Oh well, this shall pass. There not much I ando but work my lower body and perhaps keep working the upper body with no weights? Any suggestions? I've been taking naproxen, icing some and applying a prescription gel my doctor gave me for my inflammation in the leg. Ugh!!
  • gam3rguy
    alf1163 wrote: »
    So how is this 22 minute hard core program? Is it really 22 minutes?
    so far, seems effective. i'm soaked right now.
    "22 minutes"? well, YES...and NO. the routines are 22 minutes. so far, "cardio 1 & 2 have NO warm up (I haven't previewed cardio 3 or Spec. ops cardio yet). there is an "optional" "Cold Start" that runs just over 10 minutes. also...on cardio days there is the "optional" core 1 or core 2. core 1 is about 10 minites. so..."42 minutes-ish".

take care of that shoulder.

• gam3rguy
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Oh Alf, not again! You seemed to be plagued with injuries lately. I feel for you. Am curious about this 22 min hard core program as well. Never heard of it.
    got my strength training in, and then had to curl. Yesterday, we were the warmest spot in Ontario. :smile: Yup, gorgeous day, and I was stuck inside for all of it.
  • twin843
    twin843 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm new to the 40 club (less than a month in 2/18). I'm 5'4" and weight 140. I'd like to get down to 120/125.

I do crossfit 3-4 days per week and I'm pretty competitive w myself on my Fitbit. I also dance around the house. ;)

I'm married and have a 9 yr old son who keeps me active too.

I don't follow any special diets or anything like that. I just try to make "good" decisions. I just started to count my macros because I hear it helps w athletic performance. I've only been doing it for a few weeks and have only hit my numbers once.

I'm a work in progress.

Nice to meet you all!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,919 Member
    sdereski wrote: »
    Had a lunch date with my 4 year old granddaughter on Saturday. Too funny! We discussed the kids in her class. When asking her about playing with the boys (she wouldn't for the first few months), she said "yes", and that "Tanner was her favourite". I asked why? She replied "We fell in love. I'm going to marry Tanner." I know Tanner is a popular boy in her JK class, so I asked if Tanner says he is going to marry her. She replies "No. He doesn't know yet. It's the girls decision who she is going to marry. She can choose, but only if he's a nice guy. " LOL! Out of the mouth of babes. ;)

BEST STORY EVER!!!

ROFLMAO.

• Beeps2011

Me, well, I've managed to get hurt AGAIN!!!!! Yep, this time my left shoulder. It feels like when I hurt my right one which was diagnosed as tendinitis. I was doing so well with my workouts. Grr!!!!! Oh well, this shall pass. There not much I ando but work my lower body and perhaps keep working the upper body with no weights? Any suggestions? I've been taking naproxen, icing some and applying a prescription gel my doctor gave me for my inflammation in the leg. Ugh!!

....eeeeekkkkkkk!!!!

Get well, soon!

• Beeps2011
    I lifted on Monday and today and, for whatever reason, I am REALLY SORE this week....I think it might be the time change. I am having a tough time getting through my workouts, just no energy. And, I am wanting NOT to go to the gym....which isn't usually like "me". I am NOT getting enough sleep and the time change wreaked havoc with my kidlets, too.....I just wish North America would STOP THE MADNESS and stay on ONE TIME. Something as "little" as that manages to NEVER GET DONE by ANY administration, ANYWHERE.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    @Beeps2011, I agree with you 200%!!!! That time change is so ridiculous! I grew in Puerto Rico and we don't change the time. When we lived in Europe was even crazier because the time changes at a different time than the US so for a couple of weeks or so we had to figure out the time to call family in the US or PR. Ugh! I'm not sure if that has changed.

I attempted an upper body workout with no weights, nope, not even ready for that. And my lower body exercises are only using my body weight. Shouldn't pick up heavy weights to squat and lunge. Grr!! I have a cruise in about 3 weeks.

Gam, thanks for the breakdown. Sounds like fun! Tony Horton will be here doing a free workshop in May at a military base, I think I'm going to sign up!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 1"=Done! today was REALLY 22 minutes.
  • gam3rguy
    Gam, thanks for the breakdown. Sounds like fun! Tony Horton will be here doing a free workshop in May at a military base, I think I'm going to sign up!

you're welcome. any more Q's just ask. :)

COOL! i'm a bit jealous.

• gam3rguy
    banged out some Legs & Back at the gym. yes, Legs & Back on the same day...no, not P90X Legs & Back. I just freestyled it. what are the odds that i'll be doing ...Legs & Back at work all day? I keep trying to catch up on my comics...and they keep giving me work to do. WTH man!