40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• cmjlavallee
    cmjlavallee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ah reading this resonates quite a bit with me. When I turned 41 I just could not take weight off like I used to and now its continued to climb and remain on me even after the holidays. I'd love to lose 10-15 lbs. I do great during the week (well most days) but the weekends kill me. Need to stay strong and keep with the moderation Sat & Sun as well to make any progress. Feel like summer is right around the corner! Enjoyed reading your posts and will continue to do so! As for my lifestyle I try to lift 20 minutes Mon - Thurs and enjoy running 3-4 days a week, around 3 miles. Look forward to getting to know you all better and following your success!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Rest Day! ...maybe.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    So, it IS A CLOT!!

He has "phlebitis".....which means: a) it is NOT a "dangerous"clot, but it is a clot; b) ONLY OLD PEOPLE get "phlebitis" (hubby is 48); and c) he has to stay active (we ARE really active, already!!!!) and put heat on it.

I am GLAD this is NOT a "dangerous" clot, but I am sooooooooooooo sad that he has some old people's thing.

:(

I am soooooooooooooo terrified of (ever!) having to "take care" of one more other person, on earth, EVER, that I DO NOT LIKE HEARING THIS.

My kids should be grown and gone in 5 years, and I was sooooooooooooo looking forward to THAT freedom, it is NOT even funny.

:(

I HOPE hubby gets better and this NEVER happens again.....I just NEVER want to be in the "care-taker" role, again, for as long as I live. Ever. Ever.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I lifted today, and it was AWESOME. I HURT EVERYWHERE!!

BOOM!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Beeps, will he be on blood thinning drugs now?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Kimi, no blood thinners.....I guess these "phlebitis" things are not terribly uncommon. He does have to get up and move around....sitting all day is no good. I go pee every hour, so always am up, drinking water and having a washroom break. He, I guess, did not do that, but now he will!!

I think the long plane rides home from his february scuba trip also might have played a part....there is no medical truth to this, just my summation.

Thank you to all who kept my husband in your thoughts. He will be fine. We are young(-ish)!!!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Chest & Tris"=Done! I was going to walk to the gym again...but it was raining like hell! so, I did it at home. I can't go as heavy here. heaviest dumbbells I have are 70's...I was using the 95's at the gym. guess i'll just call this a "de-load" week.

...aaaaand now the sun's out! :s
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    @Beeps2011 - Sorry to hear about your husband, but am glad to hear it is not more serious. I agree with you, I think it may be a result of the long flights and sitting too much. I hear ya on the caregiver role, but I don't feel as strongly as you do about it. As I am aging, I am seeing how my husband and I have to take care of each other at certain times. I can honestly say, I am grateful for the times my husband had to take care of me. (last week)

@gam3rguy - awesome work as usual! Love your dedication.

@alf1163 - are you going to do the strength training program you posted? Looks like a good one!

I seem to check in, then fall off the face of the mfp world. I got ill, very suddenly last Tuesday. Another episode of passing out (and hubby had to take care of me - literally) So, have to start the darn holter all over again. UGH. Two weeks of being wired up. Grrr. But, I do want to find out what the heck is going on. I did not recover as quickly this time, which also concerned me, but am feeling fine now. :) Sunday, my husband got sick, and I was looking after him. The flu knocked him on his *kitten* and he was in bed for over 30 hours.

Monday, I was back at Zumba and then had my strength training session afterward. It was a new routine and it was TOUGH! My arms felt like jelly afterward, and I loved every minute of it.

Big Ice fishing derby happening in my town this weekend. We have about 1000 people descend on us, and the town buzzes, which is nice. I actually have B&B guests that are here for the fishing because all the motels / hotels around are FULL. Gonna be a busy weekend. :)
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011 - Glad to hear the clot isn't serious. Hopefully it is a one time thing and some additional movement in the day will help.

My upper back issue seems to be a pinched nerve coming from the Thoracic spine. Went to the physio on Monday and unfortunately it seems that it is time that fixes this one. Got to say it is hugely frustrating, I am taking a break from workouts this week and doing work flat on my back with the laptop on my knees (not overly effective). I am also going a bit crazy. The change in routine is also negatively effecting diet. For some reason yesterday I binged on ice cream! at lunch!

Weights been holding steady last couple of weeks which seems to be my new normal - 2 weeks static, 2 weeks drop. I suppose progress is progress but was targeting mid April to be into maintenance. This looks like it will shift out a few (more) weeks.

self pity session is over hope everyone is doing well.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski....I won't mind ONE BIT being the RECEIVER of someone's nurturing, lol....I guess it should be "equal", but after mommy-dom for 30 years, I can totally, totally see that the nurturing has NOT been "equal"....not even close.

While it may be "admirable" for mom's to turn into gramma's who do all this "nurturing" stuff (with their grandkids, or with pets, or whatever), I choose NOT to be one of "those"....I want some time to be "me". To do "me" stuff. To NOT feel compelled to be UBER-responsible with everything and everyone around me.

I missed out on teenage years and most of my 20's....so, I am going to do what I can to make sure my 50's and 60's are A BLAST (before my body gives out....).

I am COOL with this.

:)

Oh, and I lifted today!

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS! DONE!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    car's fixed...but I won't go get it 'till lunch. so, I went into Beachbody's on demand section for something to do at home and tried out Tony Horton's new program. well...my Cardio SUCKS! LOL! I have work to do! :s

"22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 1"=Done! mental note: NEXT TIME DO "COLD START"! there is NO warm up!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I lifted FIVE days this week! Taking the weekend off to visit with my folks who arrive, TODAY! BOOM!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm 43 and been MFP'ing for two months now along with working out regularly at my company's gym (what a nice perk!). I am down 14 pounds but am currently having a little bit of a "plateau" as the scale hasn't moved this week. (But I read the posts about weight loss not being linear so I remain hopeful, and in the meantime am currently making sure my logging is as accurate as it can be.)

I tried my very first Boot Camp class this past Monday and it was a BEAST. But it was way worth it so I'm gonna keep going! I did that Monday, did 40-60 min cardio Tu/W/Th, and did a strength class today (Friday). That's pretty much my regular schedule, three cardio and two strength.

Since starting back in January, I feel a lot better mentally and physically, and my pants fit better too (although I haven't dropped any sizes yet, just able to feel like the pants actually fit instead of it feeling like a sausage casing). I have a long way to go to reach my ultimate goal, but I'm taking things little by little and hopefully by summer I might actually want to go out in a swimsuit. :blush:
  • gilbyfc
    gilbyfc Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    great group guys. 47 here and doing pretty well so far. at 262.9 this morning from 278 on January 1. keep pushing...
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Rest" day today. maybe take the pup out for a hike later.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Back & Bis=DONE!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Feel like a whoosh is coming on.

Crossed over 125 pounds lost.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Walked 3 miles Saturday, Friday, Thursday, Tuesday. So that doesn't hurt. Also I tightened up logging a bit.

73 pounds to go by 7/17 to be able to go to Philmont.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chocolate Strawberry "Batman" cereal=Acquired!! :p WOOOOOOOOT!