40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi all, I've posted on this thread in the past but I'd like to join up fully! I'm 41, currently on a cut (5ft 8 and gone from 175 to 166 in the past month - aiming to hit between 150-155 and see if any shreds are visible, before either continuing the cut or slowly bulking back up.)
    Determined to be shredded in my 40s!!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 29 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Speed & Agility"=Done! that one NEVER gets easier!
  • gam3rguy
    edited May 2015
    Options
    caramel-she loves it out there...ALWAYS pooped afterwards.

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!!! Welcome newbies, keep posting away!!!!

I overdid it yesterday with food and drinks BUT I had an awesome day! Gotta get back to healthy eating this week. My son's birthday is Wed, 22yrs, and I'm baking cupcakes for classmates. He is still in vocational school, special Ed. Hopefully I can resist cupcake and icing tasting. LOL

@webbeyes, good luck on the BadAss Dash!!!

Moya, welcome!!!! You can get shredded in your 40's!!!! Good for you!!!!

Caramel, the Brooks you got, do they have a lot of cushioning? My husband was just talking about getting new shoes. He needs a lot of cushioning, support.

Have an awesome day!!!!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Kids,

Off to the grind as usual. Hope all of you are well. I have no idea why my post came across multiple times. Oh well it will move us to page 275 a bit faster (lol).

Alf I brought Brooks Women's Adrenaline GTS 15 Running Shoes. They're quite cushiony. I have Mizuno's prophecy 3, which is also very cushiony. The men colors were more my speed, however, no 7 in men's shoes....BLAH!!!!

gam3rguy--You will be able to teach this type of class at the rate you are going. You rock...

I have extreme fit today and since it is nice, I know running is on the agenda.

Welcome any newbies and Hello to the rest of the 40+ family.

Cheers
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend! I had a TOTAL re-feed weekend....it was my first eat-up time in 5 weeks (of calorie deficit) and I decided to really enjoy every morsel. Every bite. I had things that I really wanted to eat and I savored them. Friday was a maintenance day, and I went WAYYY over maintenance for both Saturday and Sunday.

Today it is back to my "re-transformation" (re = "repeat")....5 weeks left and back to calorie-deficit for the next 5 weeks. I likely will fast, today....but I do have a protein bar with me if that seems too challenging.

It was nice to feel satiated. And I was headache free this weekend! also nice.

I did bring my clothes to work, today, but am unsure if I will work-out....I do feel super sleepy.....

Have a great week, all!

BOOM!
  • Jille0
    Jille0 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! Newbie here in Phoenix, AZ! Enjoying the weather here before it gets too hot! In the Summer any dog walking needs to be done before 6:30 AM because it is already to hot then!

Caramelgyrlk- I have Brook's Glycerine shoes. I was originally fitted for them at a running shop. When those shoes were worn out, I found a new pair online for about 30% less than what I paid in the store!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    d5cixg5pl4oc.jpg

Here is the picture of the birds eggs that were laid in the birdhouse my son built. We will get a picture after they hatch. I am pretty sure they are purple orioles!

Had a great mother's day. My husband and son took me on a shopping spree to Mall of America! It was incredible, my men were so patient and great bag carriers! My son gave me the most awesome card yesterday and handwrote me a message! I seriously cried when I read it, one of the parts he said "the 1st nine months in the womb were great". He is 14.

Glad to hear everyone had a great weekend!

• nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Glinda - Welcome. I love the picture.

Missy has me up to running 15 minutes of our walk although I only jogged 3 minutes on Mother's day. I was beat from working hard on Saturday - really sore. sub 3k steps to >10k steps in 1 week was a big change and I am adjusting. Amazing that it only took 1 week to make it a habit, considering 10k steps has seemed so unreasonable in my head.

Gam3rguy - our pooch was like that Sunday. We took her hiking Friday and into a river on Saturday and Sunday she made a beeline for the couch mid-day and didn't want to move. It was record breaking heat though, so that has to do with it (91F - yikes its only May).

Caramel - Tell me if you like your brooks. I need to get something. I have always loved ASICs but they have been wearing out too fast. I wanted to shop this weekend but that was not in the cards.

Larro - I think we're about 300 into the garden with fence, soil seeds and bushes (more strawberries went in this weekend). I don't think we ever get our money's worth back out but it is fun. We put cucumbers, lettuce, tons of flowers, pumpkins, corn, sunflowers all in this weekend.

JillieO - Welcome!

Alf - cupcakes sound good.

Webbeyes - Good job signing up! You'll be ready.

Hi to all - back to work for me. I am running a PTO event in 2 weeks, doing the 2nd grade memory book, taking care of the dog, signing up all the summer camps, oh and working full-time in between. So glad the laundry washes and folds itself...oh wait, nope that would be me too. Uggghhh! Can't wait for summer!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday (what an oxymoron!). Glad everyone seems to have had a great weekend.

Alf, everyone needs a weekend of indulgence! Glad you enjoyed and good luck on cupcake resistance. Those are my achilles heal. I find I have to just avoid having any, because if I have one....

Caramel, good luck finding the right runner for you. I'm not a runner so I just get whatever runners are comfy and not horribly priced!

Beeps, glad you enjoyed your re-set weekend, totally well earned! Your dedication is impressive! Hope you lift heavy, even if it is tomorrow BOOM!

Welcome Morgean73, Moya_bleh and Jille0!

Ruby, that sounds like my kind of day! I did go shopping and my gift was to do it without small children trailing behind me!

Gam3rguy, you are killing it with the Insanity!

Nickpnh, sounds like Missy makes a great personal trainer! If you ever do find a way to get the laundry done on it's own, you'd make a fortune! We do make it a family thing now, the kids dig out their clothes and fold and put away their own stuff and now that my husband is working days and is home at night, he helps fold too. That said, we have soooo many loads to do with having stripped sheets and blankets (taking all the winter blankets/comforters off) and all the towels as well as the usual clothes for 5 people and now the swim suits have started and the towels for the pool. Urgg!

Rode into work today, will be riding to kickboxing tonight, then riding home. The usual now that it's biking weather. Going to meet the hubby at the school. Hoping I can talk him into coming by and taking my backpack. It's suppose to be about 28 and humid out and I'm in my office clothes, haven't gotten my saddle bags out yet so still using my backpack and I have the weight/heat on my back.

Back to the grind I go!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    Here is the picture of the birds eggs that were laid in the birdhouse my son built. We will get a picture after they hatch. I am pretty sure they are purple orioles!

How totally AWESOME! I do not even know what a purple oriole is, but I hope you post more pictures of the hatching and release!!

Sweet!

• alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Gm3rGuy, What a nice walk with such a cute pup!

Ruby, I hope you can get that close to the babies too!

Y'all keep on being awesome!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Planted some lily bulbs yesterday and today it feels like early winter again. 4 degrees and rainy, getting a couple of cms of snow tonight too.

Oh well, I needed a rest day from walking today anyways.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

Another busy day for me. I ran to Lowe's early for more grapevines and fruit trees. I bought 4 more grapevines, 2 figs, 2 blueberries and an olive tree. I hope to get the new plants in the ground tomorrow.

Mamma was down at the graveyard when I got back, so I helped her tend the plants down there.

After lunch I took about an hour's hike around the pond checking to see how the huckleberries and blueberries are coming along. There were just a few blueberries ripe, but enough huckleberries I had all I wanted to eat.

Glinda, it was 93F here this afternoon. I wouldn't mind the rain, but you can keep the snow.

Welcome to the newbies, hello to everyone else.

0wvgpu64jpkb.jpg
    2e7xm330htly.jpg
  • sandyseck
    sandyseck Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    MaureenA77 wrote: »
    HI All! I hope you don't mind if I hang out here! I am 42 and have 64lbs to lose as my first goal. Ultimately I would love to lose 80, but lets face it, I have three kids and three c-sections behind me so I will take the 64. I have lost and gained many times before but now is the time since my child bearing days are done. Don't want to be a fat mom anymore. You are all doing amazing!

• sandyseck
    sandyseck Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Stay positive. Embrace yourself where you are. Get positive supportive people around you. Share your growth. Learn not to beat yourself for bad days or bad times. MAKE SURE THEY COME TO A POSITIVE END WITH LOVE. Get back on track!!! :-)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I find it really hard to respond individually to many posts. But it sounds like a group doing some good things.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    I'm sorry but I find it really hard to respond individually to many posts. But it sounds like a group doing some good things.
    yup, this. :P

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 30 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Athletic Performance Assessment"=Done!

Agility Heisman=11 1/2-11. screwed up right away, tripped over the ladder...really?
    In & Out Ab Progression=44-50
    Pull Ups=21-27
    Mountain Climber Switch Kicks=77-86
    Agility Shoulder Taps=7-7 guess that's as fast as I can go.
    X Jumps=40-48
    Moving Push Ups=6-7
    Agility Lateral Shuffle=12-13 1/2
    Agility Bear Crawl=6-9
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids, and happy Tuesday!

I finally had a little scale victory, so hurrah for that! I have a good routine going now, so this should continue!
    The paddle this weekend was amazing! I'll try to get the video I took from my phone edited to the awesomest part and post this week. We saw 12 gray whales, and one did 6 full body breaches. Pretty incredible. We also had a great motorcycle ride through Redwood Nat'l Park. I 'decorated' Buttercup. Nothing says 'bad *kitten* biker' like flower power! LOL! Here's a pic.
    rn2zyo7i7n1i.jpg

Ruby, I'm so excited about the purple orioles. I sure hope the parents let you take baby pics.
    Alf, are you back on track? We all have weekends of "over-doing", but you're not being derailed by it. Sounds like a healthy mind & body.
    Nick, sore today, strong tomorrow! Keep it up.
    Caramel, how are the Brooks? That's what I have too, but mine are pretty old. Probably time for a new pair.
    Webbeyes - way to own it bad-*kitten*!
    Larro, I'm loving the pictures. Especially Midas practicing his relaxation techniques! I can't imagine the transformation your property is going through with all of the tree planting. Thanks for sharing it all with us.
    GG, now your pup is getting the insanity too! Great loop, and way to keep up the insanity on yourself.
    furballs, yeah! Another bicycle commuter! You'll be glad when you get panniers. How far is your commute?
    Beeps, are you re-set? Feeling good?
    Hello to everyone else, and welcome to all you new folks. Keep posting!

Yesterday was my bike commute - super windy all day, so a really good workout! Gym at 05:00 this morning, and Hard CORE at lunch today!