40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    hello all!

Welcome to all the new cool kids. :happy:

I had been focusing on my strength training this past winter, and have let it slide. I did P90X and loved it and was also going to a weight gym 3x wk. I really need to back into it, but just can't seem to get my butt outta bed on time in the morning.
    I've heard so many positive things about NROL4W and am going to buy the book. My son & DIL gave me a gift certificate for the book store, so......I know exactly what I want to get with it. :wink:

Had a good run yesterday despite the heat.
    Plan is to hit the weight gym and then do a 4 mile run.

Have bridge tonight so that means dessert, so really need to make sure I get those workouts in because I have no willpower when it comes to dessert! :sad:

Hope you ae all having a wonderful day. :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Got to the gym - did 20 minutes of HIIT on the bike (NOT my favourite machine to use!) and then did my abs. Whew! Finished off with a decent stretch - and OUTTA THERE.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No work-out for me, today....I've got a LOT of juggling to do with my job and kidlet-duties. We send our temp nanny off on the bus, tonight....and MY NANNY returns to the fold on Monday. I am *so* excited!!

I hope she had an AMAZING (6-week) vacation and I hope she is UBER-ready to get back into the routine of things....heck, I am!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did a 7 km walk, last night - because I couldn't get my lifting in at the lunch hour. I *really* liked being outside - and we did HILLS, so it felt like a really good work-out.

Today is HIIT on the bike, abs, and STRETCHING!

I'll get back to lifting tomorrow - and then I'll only have 4 sessions left in Stage 5 of NROL4W!

I'm excited to get into Stage 6, because THAT is the "pull-up" stage and I REALLY want to be able to do them!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ....how many days have I been talking to myself so far???...

Today is LIFTING HEAVY. Yay! Will report back, later.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Again, it was only a "so-so" lifting session. That seems to be the story of this Stage 5 (for me). I went UP in some weights. I went DOWN in others.

This is simply NOT a "linear progression" for me.

I was EXHAUSTED at the end of it, though....I left it ALL on the floor, let me tell you....
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi Beeps,

LOL - sorry that you think you are talking to yourself. I've been around - briefly. Barely enough time to log my food these past weeks. Was away on the weekend and am heading out again on Friday to a wedding. Back on Sunday and then I am staying home!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:
    All these road trips are cutting in to my training runs, which I cannot afford to lose.

I ran a Women's Only half marathon on the weekend. Not great, but not bad. Told myself it was a training run. :ohwell: Needed some excuse for my lousy performance.

Got my training runs in yesterday and today, one more tomorrow, and then I'll see if I can get some running in while away.

Beeps, I have still not bought the NROLFW book, but hope to soon. I am so disappointed in myself - have let all the strength training I was doing go - which has negatively affected my running. I can tell. Just not as strong. Love how fit lifting makes me feel.

Hope everyone is doing well. :flowerforyou:
    Silvana
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, Silvana....I'd say running ANY kind of marathon is an AWESOME FEAT - so good for you! Don't be so hard on yourself....you are in CRAZY good shape and, like you said, you've had BUSY TIMES - so getting in your runs is a great thing, too!

I can't imagine giving up strength-training, anymore....but, I did that 3 years ago to make time for bikram hot yoga. So, sometimes it just works out that way. But, with my laser-focus on it in 2012, I *like* the changes (however slow) my body is making. I like getting stronger. It *does* feel good!

I won't get a work-out in, today, because I have to take my son to a dr's appointment. Which is fine. I'm sore from yesterday's lifting session and "rest" days are good ideas!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beeps - I did P90X this past winter and could not believe the dfference! I didn't notice so much in how my body looked, but my clothes certainly were much loser and people kept commenting on how much weight I had lost, when in fact I had not lost weight (maybe 2-5 lbs. depending on the day).
    I really want to start it again, but i have been away so much that I lose too many days. Maybe after this weekend. :tongue:

I love that sore feeling of a tough workout! Good for you Beeps. :happy:
    Enjoy the rest day - yes, they are important!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I ended up having enough time at lunch to pound out a 25-minute walk outside. I know, nothing special, but, I wasn't expecting it, so I'll take it.

:smile:

sdereski, I'm *hoping*, come summer, that SOMEBODY will comment on me looking like I've lost weight. Nobody has said a thing. And, nope, I *haven't* lost any weight, but, I've certainly gained muscle and nobody is saying anything about that, either. I'd like to drop a dress size, but unsure if that is in the cards for me.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Good for you Beeps for getting that walk in! Live those unexpected surprises.

Am in the road again, but I did manage to get up early and do P90x stretch. Man o man, my body needs that...every day. My muscles get so tight from running. Knowing I would be sitting in a vehicle all day, thought I would start the day off right. :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Alright, I banged out THAT heavy-lifting work-out and I SWEAT like I haven't in YEARS. Dunno why....it was EXCELLENT!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    And, today, it was a 75-min cardio session. The pools of sweat were out-of-the-ordinary (for me). I'll take it!

Then went off to my son's baseball game and oldest son is coming over for supper, with his gf. So, nice visiting, I expect.

I hope you all had a good weekend. Go get some exercise in!
  • dianeiamenough
    Options
    I turn 47 in February! My kids tell me that I clearly think I'm a teenager...I just feel like I missed out on so much when I was younger because my weight 300+ lbs for at least 20 years kept me from being me. I don't want to be a teenager, but I want to get to do what I want
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Off to heavy lift....and then go buy some pretty flowers for my garden - YAY!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hello all,

Am on my way back from a wedding in Toronto, so no workout for me today, unless you count shopping at Costco. :laugh:
    It was nuts on there today!

Anyway, managed to get my 10 mile run in yesterday morning before the wedding. Actually went shopping for a few hours first, then the wedding. Danced a good bit...never one took off my shoes! Impressive because they were high heels. Lol.

Beeps- sounds lie you've had a couple of really excellent workouts. WTG! Gotta love those. :smile:

Welcome Diane! Would be nice to see some of the old faces post again. Not sure where everyone went.
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'll be 45 on Thursday (6/7) and am just getting serious with my weight loss. I need to drop about 90 pounds and am just over 7 pounds in.

I did a half hour walk this morning before it got too hot and then did some food shopping and prepping for the week.

Glad to be here!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi! Cool kid here too!! I turned 42 yesterday and I'm in better physical shape than I was at 22. :bigsmile:

I ran a half marathon today without training for it.... I'm pretty pleased with myself. :glasses:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Wow - tenunderfour - I'd say that's AWESOME!

welcome, noel - you're already 9% of the way there in your weight loss, so GOOD FOR YOU!

I managed to not only BUY the flowers, yesterday, but PLANT most of them. I've left a few for the nanny to complete, but not too much.

I don't think I get a work-out, today, because we have a new lady starting in our division and I think we'll take her out for a "welcome" lunch. But, maybe after work I can cram in a walk or something - it's supposed to be a high of 24, so it would feel GREAT to get outside, anyway!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'll be 45 on Thursday (6/7) and am just getting serious with my weight loss. I need to drop about 90 pounds and am just over 7 pounds in.

I did a half hour walk this morning before it got too hot and then did some food shopping and prepping for the week.

Glad to be here!
    My birthday is 6/7 also! I'll be 48! Happy birthday in advance!