:flowerforyou:
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    We are practically twins :)
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and am loving my 40's!! Best decade by far!! Life is great!!
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Cleared the 40yo hurdle last November... and my son assures me, I am far from cool... but would a non-cool dad plan and set up a picture like
    <
    This?

I think not!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Come on, we are ALL VERY COOL!!

No work-out today because I have a luncheon - salad only! And then I've got my hair appointment after work....getting rid of those greys takes precedence over ALL other things!

What are you gonna do today??
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! Sorry I have been away but preping our house for a 90 day stay of Mom......What ever the vision that went through your head is probably correct. I gained back most of the weight I had lost but I didnt quit just changed a few things...diet especially. When I got down so low I got toooo comfortable. Soo back to the grind. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    You only need start with one day, LadyPersia - so welcome back!!

I hit the gym today and lifted heavy. But, in fact, I had to go DOWN in some of my weights, to keep my form solid. Makes me feel CRAPPY when I have a work-out like that. Yes, they happen. Yes, logically I understand the nature of progression is not a straight-line graph. Still, it bugs the CRAP outta me!

Anyway, I'm starting an "end-of-month" challenge....from Sunday until end of May, NO CHEATS. None. You know what I'm talking about....so, don't do it!!

Join me - we can do it!! NO CHEATS until end of May (starting Sunday - so get your kicks in QUICK!)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I finally found you! Only took me 5 days. :tongue:

Am taking another stained glass workshop this weekend. Its a long wknd in Canada and DH is away working, so....
    Helps keep me busy and out of trouble.

Went for my run afterward and I was struggling so bad. Cursing myself for doing leg work yesterday, because today they felt like lead. I was running on a dirt road near my house. It's 5 miles long, and I run out and back. Lots of hills. On the way back, a big ol black bear crossed the road in front of me....slowly. :noway: I was scared stupid! Thank goodness there was a wind, and I was downwind, so I just stopped and stood still. He didn't see or smell me, and I wasn't that far away! Anyway, I ran like heck after that. Got a negative split by about 4 minutes! :laugh: Funny, how I didn't feel the soreness in my legs after that. Am feeling some stiffness now tho, despite wading into Lake Serior for my "ice bath".
    Guess I'll take a different route tomorrow.

Hope,you all had a good Saturday! :flowerforyou:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hello....where is everyone?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    A B-E-A-R??!! That is friggin' frightening!

I worked out every day over the long weekend. Yay! But, I also ate MORE junk than I had (ever) planned. Boo.

I've got 9 days to finish off this month strong. So, my plan is to get in my exercise, and NO CHEATS on my diet plan.

It is raining buckets here, today....too grey....makes me VERY GRUMPY.
  • sdereski
    Options
    hey Beeps! I was wondering what happened to everyone!

Yes, a bear, and it was friggin scary!

I only ran on Saturday - did nothing on Sunday, was tuckered out after my long day of stained glass and then cleaned house (windows, floors, oven, etc) on Monday. I wanted to get my flower beds done, but I ended up sitting down when my son and granddaughter came to visit, and then was toast, should never have stopped. :grumble:
    But, I just love when they come to visit. My granddaughter is getting so big and fun to be around. She claps when she sees me now. :laugh: Love that!

So - gotta run today!!!
    Stepped on the scale and am the heaviest I have been in over a year, :sad: I really, really need to get this snaking under control!!!
  • sdereski
    Options
    snacking....not snaking. :tongue:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I hear ya, sdereski....and, summertime is the WORST for mindless snacking (for me).

But, I *promised* myself I'd be down 10 - 12 lbs by the end of 2012. For May, it actually means I should be down 5 lbs to be "on schedule" - i.e. I'm aiming to lose 1 lb. per month.

I don't think I'll be down 5 lbs by the end of May - maybe 3. In any event, I'll really have to pound out some cardio over the summer to get to 8 lbs by the end of August (which is where I should be).

Boo.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Had a GREAT work-out today....used up the 2nd free session a friend gave me with her personal trainer. My last free session. So, of course, he worked me out SUPER-DUPER and now I want to CONTINUE with him. But, I'm not buying another gym membership....I have a gym membership....

So, he is checking into whether or not I can just buy PT time (I doubt it).

I would really like to meet him once-per-week, do NROL4W 2 x per week, and do some outdoor cardio 3 x per week - that would make for a GREAT SUMMER RECIPE, I figure.
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Sdereski... Wow! A bear! I've seen them where I leave but never while out of the safety of my car. Glad it didn't notice you.

Beeps... I'd like to say I'll join you on your challenge but if I'm being honest I'd probably not make it very far. I will certainly try though! :smile:

Today I did the turbo jam Ab program... Not very hard at all but at least I squeezed it in. I'm telling you I don't have the extra cash to go to the dr but I'm starting to consider it because I am way too tired. I don't think this is normal.
  • healthygirl1967
    Options
    I am so joining the cool kids... please friend me... I have be doing the C25K and are up to week 4 day 3 - I also want to eat with no cheats till the end of May.

Nice to meet you all
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! How many ladies are strength training? If you haven't started do some research! The Book New Rules of lifting for women is a good place start.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    If you are all enjoying the 40's just wait till you get to the 50's!! Just reached 55 a couple weeks ago myself. In better shape than I have been in years, wearing clothes that didn't fit just months ago, and have regained full mobility in the leg I broke in three places a little over a year ago. 49 pounds gone since 1/10/12. My daughter wanted to know why all her friends a her wedding kept telling her how cool her dad was....well duh! LOL
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am 49 and I have lost 40 lbs - feeling pretty cool, too:)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yes, I've been focusing in strength-training, stricly, since end of December, 2011. I *love* NROL4W....but, am nearing the end of that program and will have to figure out "next steps".