40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Wow - tenunderfour - I'd say that's AWESOME!

welcome, noel - you're already 9% of the way there in your weight loss, so GOOD FOR YOU!

I managed to not only BUY the flowers, yesterday, but PLANT most of them. I've left a few for the nanny to complete, but not too much.

I don't think I get a work-out, today, because we have a new lady starting in our division and I think we'll take her out for a "welcome" lunch. But, maybe after work I can cram in a walk or something - it's supposed to be a high of 24, so it would feel GREAT to get outside, anyway!
    How nice of you to take her out to lunch!! Oh and a high of 24?
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I am TWO pounds from my goal weight! Never thought I could be this size...will be resetting my GW--heading for the 140's!!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am TWO pounds from my goal weight! Never thought I could be this size...will be resetting my GW--heading for the 140's!!
    Wow! Awesome job! Congrats on your success!
  • kim8184
    kim8184 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 46 and I consider myself to be a very cool kid, although my kids would disagree. I am working on losing another 70 lbs. I have meet some really nice people on this forum and I love being able to track all of my food, def. keeps me in line. I would like to get down to 150 eventually. My S.W. was 238 and I am now down to 213.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am 42. I have 6 kids (5 sons and 1 daughter). I always tell the boys how cool their mom is!! haha! My oldest will be 18 in August and I keep wondering, how is it possible that I have an 18 year old man as my child and I am 42????

Anyway, if there is a group of 40+ pple.....please let me join! :bigsmile:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I just turned 56 and I'm told that I'm very cool and I believe it's true. My kids confirm this too :glasses:
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'll be reaching the fabulous 50 mark mid August. I've lost about 30 pounds since January 2012. Hope to lose around 50 more by next January. Yoga, kettlebell and eating healthier seem to be working for me.
    I say that MFP saved my life becuse if I kept at what I was doing before MFP then I would have had a heart attack, diabetes or a stroke.
    Next up is the C25K.
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hello There!
    Just turned 47 on May 13th, I'm a pretty cool mom (I think my kids would agree, most days LOL)! Reached my goal weight + an extra 2 lbs back in February and I have kept it off!
    I walk (very close a walk/jog) anywhere from 3 to 6 miles about 4 days a week and take yoga classes 2x a week (just started about a month ago and love it). I do some light resistance training at home with a band and some light weights, nothing heavy at this time. Maybe this fall I'll give the heavier weights a try.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    turning 40 and need to stay focus to lose the 10 lbs~
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    I had a great lunch - fresh salad and a grilled chicken breast. No dressing.

I hope I get a walk in, tonight. It's getting cloudy....and likely rainy....
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Wow! Welcome to all the new faces. So nice to see.:flowerforyou:
    All you ladies definitely look fabulous and very cool.

I had a horrible run tonight - walked alot during the first half but then felt better and picked it up the latter half. Managed to do some strength training for about 30 minutes before the run.

Have a B&B guest arriving shortly. She'll be staying for 3 nights.

Beeps - very nice to take the newcomer for lunch and great job with your lunch choice!! Hope you get that walk in.

Have a great night all. :flowerforyou:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi! Cool kid here too!! I turned 42 yesterday and I'm in better physical shape than I was at 22. :bigsmile:

I ran a half marathon today without training for it.... I'm pretty pleased with myself. :glasses:

That is amazing!!! Hat's off to you. That is not an easy feat.
  • sdereski
    Options
    I turn 47 in February! My kids tell me that I clearly think I'm a teenager...I just feel like I missed out on so much when I was younger because my weight 300+ lbs for at least 20 years kept me from being me. I don't want to be a teenager, but I want to get to do what I want

Sounds to me like you are ENJOYING life! Nothin wrong with that. :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sorry your run wasn't the greatest, sdereski....it's bound to happen from time-to-time.

I ended up hitting a cardio class at the gym, after work - rather than going for a walk. I burned more calories in less time, so it worked out just fine.

I'm going to hit the gym at lunch, today - HIIT on bike, abs, and stretching. BOOM!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all,

Well, yesterday's run was 100% better than Monday's. Ran a mile farther and did it 8 minutes faster. What a difference a good nights sleep will do.

No run for me tonight as I have a dinner date. Am hoping to get a quick workout in before dinner, but we'll see. I can manage it if I get out of work on time, but that is always a challenge. :tongue:

Hope you are all having a great day! It National Running Day today and I can't go for a run. Go Figure. So for the rest of you - run! for the pure joy of it. :happy:

Silvana
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I do miss running sometimes.....but, not today (given the rain!).

Today is heavy-lifting. The end of Stage 5. WOO HOOOOO!
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    43 as of yesterday! :) And feeling great... :)
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I turn 45 next week, so I am well into the 40's. No more question on that front :/
    This is the decade I decide what rules to live by, though, so I'm loving it.
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    Turning 41 September first and my little boy turns 2 next week. Gotta keep the weight off to be able to keep up with him. My eating has been a little bit out of control the last few weeks, but I have still been working out....I've just got to get the eating back under control. Congrats on your weight loss! It feels great, doesn't it? Friend me if you like....always in need of support. :)
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I haven't been around much either...starting at the end of May through the beginning of July, it's a nonstop wave of family birthdays! Planning my little girl's 3rd birthday party for the end of this month. She chose "Tangled" as the theme. :smile:

I've signed up for a 5K color run in August (where they pelt you with colored powder at every kilometer) and a 5K mud/obstacle run in October. We did the mud run last year, it was a blast! Guess I'll need to start running again soon in preparation...:embarassed: