40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    It was a good weekend....but, ate way too much by the end of it. I feel like it's going to have to be a low-calorie week just so I feel cleansed! Will start today.

And, I'm heavy lifting today - I'm excited!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

had a good weekend as well, but am really tired. Think I may be over training, as I am not feeling good about my runs - they are getting worse.
    Decided to take a couple of days off and rest up...as much as I can rest up. have a B&B guest coming tonight and he wants dinner! :tongue:

Am going to try to get to bed early - seems like I never hit the pillow until after 11 at the earliest!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello there!! Wow, so many new members, keep up the good work!!!

Sdereski, thank you for your kind words. I am hanging in there, some days are better than others. But I have managed to move on with family, work, Zumba, etc. It is the best that I can do for myself and those around me.

Beeps, you are doing an awesome job!!!

As for me I did really good last week with my diet until mid day Saturday. My husband and I went to Maggianos for lunch and we got the 3 course menu and some wine. Then we went to the movies, no food there just coffee. LOL My dinner was some leftovers. Not too bad considering but on Sunday I just ate too much of everything, I was ravenous...so back at it today. Of course.... as far as exercise not bad, I taught all my classes last week with no problems. I finally got started on some lifting after almost 4 weeks. :( I am so sore!!!! I am doing Jackie Warner power circuits on my own, not a video, from the book This is why you are fat. I did the second circuit this morning, simple but tough. I am planning on doing this 3-4 times a week and my Zumba classes. The Zumba convention is coming up in Aug and I want to be in good shape for it.

Have a great Monday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I feel so friggin' bloated when I over-eat like that....it's terrible. Plus, I made LOTS of BAD choices. Ugh.

I'm glad I can come back to mfp and just get back to what feels good and what's working in my life.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I am certainly maintaining cardio and strength training. However, diet is suffering and calorie watch. I will need to eat the same foods to complete my Brazilian Butt Lift Program with great results, two weeks left!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I so want to try that Brazilian Butt lift workout!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I think I actually 'dreamed' about the Brazilian Butt Lift workout last night....hmmmmmm.....

But, I don't work-out at home and I don't want to work-out at home, so this won't be on my agenda anytime soon. Sounds awesome, though! (I'm counting on back squats and deadlifts to raise my butt...)

alf - I am glad to read that some days you are getting through things - WITH FLAIR! A "zumba convention"??? Sounds like a heck of a lot of fun!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    I am noticing great results and today watching diet closely to get the best results.

I am currently a little stress with dynamics of parenting teenager...and shared custody..
    I need some advice from all parents. My teenager 131/2 has a facebook account and spending too much time. Friends with some parents and many of his classmates. Currently visiting his father for two weeks (share custody). I want to deactivate account or denied facebook on our computer. Please proivde as to what you would recommend. Hubby and I are leaning toward denying access of computer instead of closing facebook. Keeping a secret that recently he has a girlfriend and hoping to contact girlfriend 's father to inform him that son is not allow to date until 16 yo. Feedback much appreciated.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm only giving this advice because you asked for it. (FWIW, my oldest son is 24 and my youngest daughter is 9.)

I think you are going to be fighting a "losing battle" if you try and diminish teen's access to social media. It just won't work and you'll end up SOOOOOOO frustrated, for no good reason. There is NOTHING inherently "evil" about social media....it is the technology that youth uses, to communicate. Period.

What we have tried to work with in our home is having the computers in the kitchen ONLY. That way, our youngest kids have grown up being "monitored", in any event, so there is NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY for them, when it comes to computer work. They don't get the tablets in their bedrooms. They don't get the laptops or netbooks in the tv room. If they are computing, they are in the kitchen....and an adult is pretty much always in that room, too.

I'm all for setting limits, with teenagers, on computer usage time. Maybe 90 minutes a day?? But, to outright deny it is going to lead to teen behaviour that I think you'd likely rather do without. The kid is only 13 1/2....it'll get rougher, before it gets better - so just set some limits and reward the kid when he is abiding by those limits (and when he then gets active in other pursuits - REWARD, REWARD, REWARD).
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    I'm only giving this advice because you asked for it. (FWIW, my oldest son is 24 and my youngest daughter is 9.)

I think you are going to be fighting a "losing battle" if you try and diminish teen's access to social media. It just won't work and you'll end up SOOOOOOO frustrated, for no good reason. There is NOTHING inherently "evil" about social media....it is the technology that youth uses, to communicate. Period.

What we have tried to work with in our home is having the computers in the kitchen ONLY. That way, our youngest kids have grown up being "monitored", in any event, so there is NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY for them, when it comes to computer work. They don't get the tablets in their bedrooms. They don't get the laptops or netbooks in the tv room. If they are computing, they are in the kitchen....and an adult is pretty much always in that room, too.

I'm all for setting limits, with teenagers, on computer usage time. Maybe 90 minutes a day?? But, to outright deny it is going to lead to teen behaviour that I think you'd likely rather do without. The kid is only 13 1/2....it'll get rougher, before it gets better - so just set some limits and reward the kid when he is abiding by those limits (and when he then gets active in other pursuits - REWARD, REWARD, REWARD).

Thank you beeps for your advice. We are certainly going to allow him access but limited based on reward as you mention. Chaperoning until 16 yo or in a group. It is more difficult when you have to co-parent (sharing custody) and the other parent does not monitor like my hubby and I. I decided I will need to create a facebook account to monitor as well and be part of him friends list. The most difficult and hardest part is we are the enforcers.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I don't profess to know anything about co-parenting in a shared custody situation....however, in all of life, you can only control what you can control - and the rest, as they say, you give up to the universe to take care of it for you! Since you cannot conrol what goes on in the other parent's home....just don't stress about it. Adding stress/worry to the equation changes NOTHING - so don't do it. It's a crazy passtime that worry/stress thing!!

To me, it sounds like you are doing all the right things in your home and I think it's a good idea to create a fb account and be a "friend" to your son, in that online fb world, only of course! Good luck to you - and good HEALTH!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    I don't profess to know anything about co-parenting in a shared custody situation....however, in all of life, you can only control what you can control - and the rest, as they say, you give up to the universe to take care of it for you! Since you cannot conrol what goes on in the other parent's home....just don't stress about it. Adding stress/worry to the equation changes NOTHING - so don't do it. It's a crazy passtime that worry/stress thing!!

To me, it sounds like you are doing all the right things in your home and I think it's a good idea to create a fb account and be a "friend" to your son, in that online fb world, only of course! Good luck to you - and good HEALTH!

Thank you beeps!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Very helpful as I want continue to provide positive discipline and encourage A+ work. This is very helpful. It is difficult at times to juggle all life's challenges.
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    hi all Im 42 years old. a sahm married for over 16 years. I have been doing ww for weightloss and have mainly been using mfp to count calories. Im also doing beachbody programs. my profile is after i did 60 days of brazil butt lift. I just finished rockin body and am gonna start turbo jam. I just decided to become a coach because i like the programs so much.
  • lassisar
    lassisar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi gang,

I want to be a cool kid too. I'm new here, just signed up a few days ago. I'm getting my life back together after a divorce (19 yrs). I'm 44 and for my next birthday (Oct) I would like to give myself the gift of about 25-30 pound loss. I will still have more to lose after that, but I'm trying not to be overwhelmed.

I have two kids and can totally relate to trying to raise kids with a parent you may not agree with. *Breath deep* Control what you can and release the rest.

I have lost weight before on WW twice, but it never seems to stay off, and last time I lost 60 pounds, but it took well over a year. I just can't afford that right now, so I'm so glad this site is free.

I ordered a polar HRM, so I'm excited to see how much I've been burning at the gym.

Nice to meet y'all!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    A big "WELCOME!" to the newest cool kids here....

Today I have a lunch out with some gf's, so I won't be at the gym. Should be fun.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Eh, glad to know I'm not the only one who overindulges every once in awhile. Monday was our 7th anniversary, and I definitely overdid it on Lucille's ribs and sweet potato fries. :sick: Trying to get those lbs back off!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Hi gang,

I want to be a cool kid too. I'm new here, just signed up a few days ago. I'm getting my life back together after a divorce (19 yrs). I'm 44 and for my next birthday (Oct) I would like to give myself the gift of about 25-30 pound loss. I will still have more to lose after that, but I'm trying not to be overwhelmed.

I have two kids and can totally relate to trying to raise kids with a parent you may not agree with. *Breath deep* Control what you can and release the rest.

I have lost weight before on WW twice, but it never seems to stay off, and last time I lost 60 pounds, but it took well over a year. I just can't afford that right now, so I'm so glad this site is free.

I ordered a polar HRM, so I'm excited to see how much I've been burning at the gym.

Nice to meet y'all!

Thank you for the friendly reminder, Control what you can and release the rest... I will certainly keep this in mind. Great day everyone and welcome to the newest cool kids!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi, I went for a lovely walk, in the sunshine, last night after dinner - with hubby and 2 kids. Was nice.

Today, despite it being sunny and warm, I'm heading indoors to the gym to LIFT HEAVY. It's my last heavy lifting scheduled for this week - as I try and reduce to 2 x per week of heavy lifting (so I can bump up my outdoor living, a bit).

I hope you all have a good day!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No work-out today. I'm heading out to a patio to enjoy the sunshine, some flavoured bevvies, yummy food. It's time. I've earned it!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Beatiful weather makes me want to go shopping. Early workout done around 6:30am and back to bed. Now I am heading to the mall for walk and shop, extra calorie burm.

I am extremely excited tomorrow, I will be done with week 3, Brazilian Butt LIft Program. I can certainly feel my buttocks muscles and it is looking great... :blushing: