40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• LoriDinTX
    LoriDinTX Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just found this group. I'll be 53 tomorrow. I started tracking on MFP a couple of weeks ago. I've used it before but it's been a long time. Years ago I hit my highest weight ever at 240 pounds. Over time I lost down to 190, then got stuck. I stayed in the 190's for a few years, then last year started gaining again. I got up to 212 and decided to do something about it. It's very slow-going, but at least I'm heading in the right direction. I was 205 this morning. My first goal is to get back to 190. Next is to get down to 175. If/When I get there I'll re-evaluate if going any lower is realistic for me. I was about 140 when I got married (29 years ago) and around 150 after our last child was born. But soon after that I started gaining, slowly, until I hit my all-time high. I have arthritis and very bad leg veins so can't do any type of impact exercise. My husband and I walk a lot, and I do water exercise. I have used Walk Away the Pounds and Wii Fit but need to get back to those. I'm working on improving my diet and have made great improvements the past few weeks. Now I just need to stick to it.
  • AlisonL664
    AlisonL664 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done on making the first moves back to fitness. Keep going. :)
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group... you can lean out and be fit at any age!!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked in here in a while. I am finishing up week 4 of C25k today. Still haven't really gotten into a strength training groove, mostly because I kinda hate it. I'm usually only doing one strength session a week and run/walking the other 5 days. Oh well, maybe when I get a little closer to my goal weight I will put more priority into strength training.
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    4 rounds of 50 jacks, 40 mountain climbers, 30 tuck jumps, 20 burpees and 10 push-ups in 23 minutes.
    If you want to be at your max heart rate (which at our age isn't hard to do
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    cayompy5elbq.jpeg
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Some rainy weather cost me some miles but hit 99 miles in April on the bike.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm getting ready for the 5 Borough Bike Tour in NYC - 35,000 people, except probably for the 30k who wimp out due to the predicted rain tomorrow. lol Meeting my team at 6am tomorrow for a 6:30 take off in Wave 1. <3

fj3hb0l4s9cw.jpg
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Bad allergic reaction to something. Hives, swollen, itching. So my Saturday was dics, steroids, antihistamines and drowsy stupor. Yuck
  • RoMazola
    RoMazola Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm about to turn 42! As a gift I've decided to get my body in shape and treat it well. 15 days ago started with 183 lbs
    Lost 8.6lbs since . Had my bday gather yesterday and only had Salmon and salad! Yayyy was easier than i trough cuz my closest friend is on diet too so I don't felt alone :))) MFP is the greatest help I ever had to change my life style and it's paying off. I had no idea how bad my eat habit was before I tracked it down, so socking but a wake up call! I'm so thankful for this community too for giving me the motivation to go on!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    so...rest day today. probably won't even break 5,000 on fitbit today...and most of yesterdays steps didn't "count".
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    Great job, gamerguy!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow i return to lifting. BOOM!
  • 60to35
    Options
    Well done @gam3rguy. Sweet momento! Did you have to run through fire or anything crazy like that?

After a very disappointing day yesterday- wrecked my diet and laid around like a sloth all day- I picked myself up today and decided to keep going.

Chest and tris today.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start & Resistance 3"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    edited May 2016
    Options
    thanks Beeps & 60to35! :)
    yes there was fire! the last thing is the fire jump! they should be posting pics in 7-10 days. there will no doubt be one of a tired me feebly jumping the fire, trying not to set my soggy-muddy *** on fire!
  • 60to35
    Options
    Looking forward to seeing a pic of the fire jump @gam3rguy. Pretty cool.

Lats (discovered just how weak these are today) and biceps (fave thing to work on) this morning followed by a 30 minute TM run.

Beautiful warm day here so the afternoon will be yard work.
  • willammoney
    willammoney Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    What's up been at it hardcore since 1/18 average 1500 cals a day
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Lots of activity in this group since I was last here. Great to see so many people in my own age group. I'm 47, but I feel better than I have in years.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 3 & Core 2"=Done!