60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    45 minute upper body.
    Incline push-ups still killing me.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,948 Member
    Options
    Glad your taxes are done!

I did my glutes/legs/abs day, today....but could only manage 2 sets of my last 4 exercises. THAT SUCKED.

BOOM!
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Dips, Pull Ups, Chin Ups, Planks, Abdominal Leg Raise and Elliptical Trainer = Done!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start & Resistance 2"=Done!
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great thread! I'm 54 and a few years ago I was 16 stone 8lb (232lb) and now I'm 12 Stone 4lb (172lb) done with watching my eating and taking up regular exercise in my life, the initial weight loss was over the first year, and the last year I've been on maintenance weight control.

I've been on the weight loss journey starting with walking more two years ago and increasing my exercise - I feel a whole lot better for it. Then a year and a half ago I increased my exercise again so that I have been going to the gym for over a year and a half now.

My goals for this year is to gain muscle and keep on keeping myself healthy (with the odd naughty days...I am human after all :-) ). I've joined a new gym so once I settle in I'll get a new weight training programme to achieve my goals.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    yubhhelsv0fn.jpeg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis & Tris=DONE!
  • 60to35
    Options
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    60to35 wrote: »

<3o:)<3
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Love the pictures all! thanks for sharing.

Have been so busy at work and at home, barely have time to get on MFP! My weekend away last week was wonderful. Great weather, great visit with my gal pals and great shopping! :)

Have had several B&B guests already, most last minute, but it all works, as long as I keep my rooms ready (which I do). Hosted bridge last night, and my new dessert was a hit, although I don't think I would make it again. It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be.
    Have my son and his family over for dinner tonight. We are going to try out our new pizza oven (granddaughter's request - pizza, not the oven)

Ran into my son and his family the other day while out for a run, they were out for a walk, enjoying the nice weather. My granddaughter, excited to see me, says "wanna hang out with us?" She's 4. :lol:

Busy weekend planned, with lots of good exercise! Have a good one folks.
  • StaPositv
    StaPositv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My dress pants are getting baggy and longer - good thing! Now I need to find a size smaller (hoping I don't need to buy a pair since I am hoping this size will also be temporary). Plan to go hike tomorrow, but will need to go early - 90 degrees is the forecast high in Phoenix tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I biked Mt. Seymour today! This was on my summer task list and finished up my tax filings for the year around lunch (I owe alot) and decided to burn off some energy. Checked the weather before I left cloudy and dry. Perfect......except the forecast was wrong; it rained the entire time. Once you get to the mountain it averages a 5.7 grade for 12km with 1000m of vertical (42.5km ride with 1167m of vertical total for the full ride) I sure didn't do it fast but I did it! New goal is to do it in a respectable time by the end of summer
  • Mamabelle4
    Mamabelle4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi 40 year old newbie with 5 stone to lose. Is it possible to shift this kind of weight at this age? Been overweight to some extent for 20 years but with kids now I want to be able to enjoy activities without feeling 80 after 3 mins. Love to hear some success stories at this age!
  • 60to35
    Options
    35 minute TM interval run. Going up to 8.5mph which feels like an all out sprint when in reality it, well, really isn't. I have a 64 year old brother in law who can run a 10k in just over 30 minutes. That's impressive!

It's never too late @nicolaxhogan. Experiment and find what works best for you and then keep at it. I am almost 50 and the leanest I have been my whole life.

Feel the pain Revenue Canada inflicts @tojo_73. Where the heck does all that cash go? Still can't get in to see a doctor!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @60to35 this is my first year as self employed. I am used to getting a tax return not owing one. I suppose in farming you must be in this situation every year. Ahhh line of credit. :/ ..i need to plan better for 2016. :'(
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Military Press, Incline Bench Press, Squat, Lunge, Standing Calf Raises, Triceps Extension, Bench Press, Bicep Curl = Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 2 & Core 2"=Done!
  • 60to35
    Options
    Lower body HIIT.
    The nice thing about farming @tojo_73 is that you always show a loss! I was self employed for 20 years and always seemed to pay a bunch.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done! at the gym!!