40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Turning 47 tomorrow. Almost time to find the "50+ Club : Where the Older Cool Kids Are" thread
  • thattelecomguy
    thattelecomguy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    how do I get in on this "Mature" goodness :)
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm in too
  • mejaneucoconut
    mejaneucoconut Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So how do I join this club?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    So how do I join this club?

Eventually everyone enters.
  • ulcaster555
    ulcaster555 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Turning 47 tomorrow. Almost time to find the "50+ Club : Where the Older Cool Kids Are" thread

couldn't find a 50's club, thats why i'm here.

• 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Eventually everyone enters.[/quote] Ha! Sad but true.

60 minute full body strength.
  • creativecritters77
    creativecritters77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Trying to get back on track with working out and eating right after going camping for a few days last week. I know I overdid it on the carbs, but at least there was a lot of hiking involved. I wasn't JUST sitting around the fire drinking wine ;) I did manage to pull my Achilles tendon doing plyometrics after I got back, so now I'm just doing low impact exercises :( I like jumping ( a lot) and I don't like having to ease off my usual high intensity workouts. Hopefully if I give my legs a bit of a break I'll heal quickly though.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 3 & Core 2"=Done!
  • FatMomRun
    FatMomRun Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    43 here!

New to the group.

Mom to 3 teenagers (how did that happen?), married 21 years next month (man I AM getting old!).

I started my weight loss journey in December after my annual doctors appointment where I learned I was officially obese according to my BMI. I left that appointment crying, but somewhere on my hour long drive to work, between the tears and anger, I decided to make a change and this time it would stick.

So here I am 4 and half months later, 47lbs lighter, 6 lbs away from my goal weight. I've run approximately 200 miles (198 more miles than I ran in all of 2015), running my first 10k in May and a half marathon in November.
  • Pickleheadgirl
    Pickleheadgirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in. Have been walking a lot for about a month (I use a Garmin vivofit) and am almost up to 10K a day! My husband is walking with me - but support is always helpful too (here) and I really need to get with the program of doing some toning/exercising.

That, plus I'm struggling with figuring out exactly how to work with both the vivofit AND MFP. Because I don't think my exercise/calories are being tracked quite right - but perhaps that is wishful thinking, LOL.
  • FatMomRun
    FatMomRun Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am in. Have been walking a lot for about a month (I use a Garmin vivofit) and am almost up to 10K a day! My husband is walking with me - but support is always helpful too (here) and I really need to get with the program of doing some toning/exercising.

That, plus I'm struggling with figuring out exactly how to work with both the vivofit AND MFP. Because I don't think my exercise/calories are being tracked quite right - but perhaps that is wishful thinking, LOL.

With calories burned I take which ever one is the lowest, so if I'm using my elliptical, I look at what my watch says, what the elliptical says I burned and what MFP says. The lower number is the one I enter.
  • Cara8359
    Cara8359 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just saw the post, and count me in! I'm 56, have a pair of artificial hips, a few cracked vertebrae, fibromyalgia, and have 80 pounds to lose. This past Sunday, April 24, was the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. I was especially struck by a child of 8 with cerebral palsy, using a walker, who completed the children's marathon, and several paraplegics that were featured. There were people of all ages, with all levels of fitness, who completed at least the 5K. I have no reason, folks, no reason at all for not getting myself fit and completing it next year. Thus, this is my plan! Step by step, increasing them each day, until I can get to where I need to be to start the next phase. Wish me luck, and keep me motivated!
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Feeling a little under the weather this morning. Went to a bday party last night, had 2 drinks with one ounce of vodka in each over the entire course of the evening, and am now trying to track down the license of the Mack truck that ran me over. Felt this way a month ago after 1 1/2 glasses of wine. I think my drinking days are through. What next?

I did run this morning and it felt decent. 45 minutes on the mill.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! I haven't posted much as I'm still doing the same, walk or bike to/from work, cardio kickboxing on the heavy bag 2-3 times a week, kettlebell class 2 times a week, stong man training and self defence once a week. I'm trying to scale back my sugar, which is going so well I'm weirdly way under on my calories today. Guess it makes up for yesterday when we had or admin day breakfast.

47Jacquiline, that's a great way to get an extra couple of work outs in and socialize.

Allenpriest, you have been doing an amazing job getting to your goal, takes time to do it right.

Ulcaster555, walking is a great way to get moving.

Momthenurse, sounds like you are doing great!

Sdereski, glad you are getting back into your running. Hopefully your the heals up fast. Love to see increases in weights lifted!

Creativecritters, I hear you on liking the high intensity. Hopefully your achilles tendon feels better fast. Sometimes changing it up is good, though not so much when it's due to injury.

Fatmomrun, what an inspiration! Must feel wonderful being not only close to goal, but healthier and fitter.

Cara8359, I saw the video of that boy, brought me to tears the kind of determination it takes. You can definitely do it. Slow and steady with your fitness and by next year you'll be ready!

60to35 I haven't hit that driving wall yet, but I stick to beer, pretty sure hard liquor and I don't get along anymore, though I've always been a beer drinker, unless it's jello shots!

Beeps, how goes the lifting?
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Dips, Pull Ups, Chin Ups, Abdominal Leg Raise and P90X Abb Ripper X = Done!
  • AlisonL664
    AlisonL664 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, 47 today :) ! Getting into a new fitness and diet routine to get and hopefully sty healthier for many years to come. Decided that if I don't do something now, my plans to travel in a few years time when the kids leave education may be difficult.

Good luck to everyone on this journey! x
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi, 47 today :) ! Getting into a new fitness and diet routine to get and hopefully sty healthier for many years to come. Decided that if I don't do something now, my plans to travel in a few years time when the kids leave education may be difficult.

Good luck to everyone on this journey! x

Happy birthday!
  • ulcaster555
    ulcaster555 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    Welcome everyone! I haven't posted much as I'm still doing the same, walk or bike to/from work, cardio kickboxing on the heavy bag 2-3 times a week, kettlebell class 2 times a week, stong man training and self defence once a week. I'm trying to scale back my sugar, which is going so well I'm weirdly way under on my calories today. Guess it makes up for yesterday when we had or admin day breakfast.

47Jacquiline, that's a great way to get an extra couple of work outs in and socialize.

Allenpriest, you have been doing an amazing job getting to your goal, takes time to do it right.

Ulcaster555, walking is a great way to get moving.

Momthenurse, sounds like you are doing great!

Sdereski, glad you are getting back into your running. Hopefully your the heals up fast. Love to see increases in weights lifted!

Creativecritters, I hear you on liking the high intensity. Hopefully your achilles tendon feels better fast. Sometimes changing it up is good, though not so much when it's due to injury.

Fatmomrun, what an inspiration! Must feel wonderful being not only close to goal, but healthier and fitter.

Cara8359, I saw the video of that boy, brought me to tears the kind of determination it takes. You can definitely do it. Slow and steady with your fitness and by next year you'll be ready!

60to35 I haven't hit that driving wall yet, but I stick to beer, pretty sure hard liquor and I don't get along anymore, though I've always been a beer drinker, unless it's jello shots!

Beeps, how goes the lifting?

Thanks Furball, taking a break today, kinda tired..:(, have a great day
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start & Resistance 3"=Done!
    i'll be swapping out tomorrow's Cardio 3 and Core 2 for a Spartan Race! UH-OH!!! :o