40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Dinow wrote: »
    Hi everyone I got myself the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. I ted it yesterday wow what a great workout

Yes!!! it is an awesome workout.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Great day kids. After 3 days in bed, I finally had some strength to try hot pilates. I survived it. I am sure I lost a few pounds from not being able to hold anything down. Have a great rest of the days kids.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    sorry you have been so ill, caramel.

dani, my fatloss is superslow, too....but it is happening.

No exercise, today. I will lift, tomorrow.
  • JayByrd9751
    JayByrd9751 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Will post goals tomorrow when I'm awake.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Gamma: Rip’T Up"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Gamma: Speed 3.0"=Done!
  • howan
    howan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Another benefit of healthy living - no (or very little) hangovers! Had a mini hen night with close friends (wedding of one of my best friends is on Sat) - nice Turkish meal (I stuck to mostly good stuff), including a little wine and followed by several night caps. Normally would have woken up feeling like crap, but slept great and woke up fresh as a daisy :)
  • howan
    howan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My new mantra: "Hunger is not an emergency situation'. (On a personal level, of course. Globally, is it certainly an emergency situation)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Good day kids. I finally found a powerlifting gym near my house. My family and I are going to take a tour and if its a fit, I am all in. My goal is to get stronger and if I get ripped in the process so be it. I will not give up hot Pilates. Quikdogs you are my inspiration.
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good day kids. I finally found a powerlifting gym near my house. My family and I are going to take a tour and if its a fit, I am all in. My goal is to get stronger and if I get ripped in the process so be it. I will not give up hot Pilates. Quikdogs you are my inspiration.

You're going to LOVE it! Please take a pic and post...and what is the name of the place? I want to look it up.

BTW, I drive past like maybe approximately 100 gyms, Crossfits, yoga/pilates/soulcycles, YMCAs, and etc to go to my gym. Yep, that's right, I drive about 25 miles, in city traffic. Takes about 45 minutes on average each way.

Why? Because Coach Ben is WORTH IT. I consider myself beyond lucky that he was willing to take on a quite silly old lady. He takes great care of all his lifters. My job is just to sit back and do the program. He's actually an Olympic weightlifting coach, but I hurt my shoulder so at the moment he's coaching me in powerlifting. Which is where I cam from.

This is my coach https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehmd7Itkld0
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Gamma: The Pyramid"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Halloween party tomorrow!!! Yee haw!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    Yoga done. Lifting tomorrow. Down 4 lbs this month.

I would like to lose four more in november and maybe two more in december.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Gamma: Extreme Circuit"=Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I've spent two weeks getting my elderly demented father moved from assisted living to skilled care. Ugh
    Not much energy to do anything else. It is very draining.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    @allenpriest take it easy and be kind to yourself. I moved my mom into assisted living earlier this month, which was plenty hard on me. Kudos to your for being strong on what I can only imagine was a much harder step.
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I had a consult with a Registered Dietitian this morning. She's also Board Certified in Sports Nutrition. It was great...actually she reduced my protein and increased my carbs. Lowered fats, though boo. What an amazing opportunity for me, I'm looking forward to more consistency and having accurately defined goals!

She also trains with my Coach and is my teammate. So she really has perspective with regards to nutrition, weight loss, competition weight classes, and being a strength athlete.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done! well, that's it for T25. now gimme my damn t-shirt LOL!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Yoga done. Lifting tomorrow. Down 4 lbs this month.

I would like to lose four more in november and maybe two more in december.

Go for it!! You can do it.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »
    @allenpriest take it easy and be kind to yourself. I moved my mom into assisted living earlier this month, which was plenty hard on me. Kudos to your for being strong on what I can only imagine was a much harder step.

Thanks