40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Beeps - 4 lb loss in a month is terrific. I need some of that focus.

Quikdogs - I also worked with a registered dietician this past spring. It was THE single biggest factor in my performance improvements this past season. He helped me balance the need to consume significant calories during extended weekend training sessions, with the need to drive leanness over time while still providing sufficient calories to be sure I recovered well on lower volume days. It was a balancing act that I couldn't figure out on my own. Hoping you have a similar experience.
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. A little about me. I am 41, from Alabama. I have lost about 160 pounds on my own (it's taken me almost 4 years), no surgery. I am married, with 3 kids, one whom was called to heaven. Fitness/ Nutrition is my passion. I work out 6 days a week and I am highly addicted to the cardio machines at the gym. I was shocked when I did the Bod Pod a week ago and I had gained 31 pounds and have a 37% body fat. I am trying to change my workouts up ,and my eating habits. My diary is open, so any advice, I will take it. Good or bad, I'm a big girl:)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 1: Chest & Back"=Done!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Quikdogs - I also worked with a registered dietician this past spring. It was THE single biggest factor in my performance improvements this past season. He helped me balance the need to consume significant calories during extended weekend training sessions, with the need to drive leanness over time while still providing sufficient calories to be sure I recovered well on lower volume days. It was a balancing act that I couldn't figure out on my own. Hoping you have a similar experience.

That is very encouraging to hear! I have had continued problems with the couple of days after a heavy lift day. Which for me is deadlift day. I’m just starved for about 48 hrs and physically exhausted too. I hope the changes she made will really finally help me! Since we are also teammates, we talked about pushing our coach to write us a 20 min conditioning circuit for after our programmed lifts. I’m so excited to see what changes I can make in my body composition!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    I've spent two weeks getting my elderly demented father moved from assisted living to skilled care. Ugh
    Not much energy to do anything else. It is very draining.

I bet. Sorry. I hope the focus can return to you and your life.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks, DJproulx....I am working to keep losing some fat - it is harder for me to do this in the winter. But, whatever. The time has come....
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 2: Legs"=Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Last part of the"dad move" today. Finally.
  • horror_mama
    horror_mama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! 41 years old and working on my A game. I lost 170 pounds through diet and exercise back during 2001-2005 and fast forward to today and 2 children later, some of the weight has come back. My health has been relatively good but old habits die hard. Very glad to meet everyone!
    My present goal is a loss of 60 lbs. :)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    hi all, like many of you, my life has been a little bit crazy this past month. I am slowly coming back to normal, but not totally for yet another week.

I did run a race on the weekend. A 5.7 mile run on Mackinaw Island. I had not run very much leading up to this, and really thought I was going to be walking most of it, as the first 3 miles is basically all hills. However, I ran the entire route and actually did quite well overall and in my age group. I may have even had a chance to place if I had trained at all. :)

I was 379/1050 overall; 207/723 overall female; 87/399 - female masters and 12/58 age group.

We got snow today - lots of snow. :s:s
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Had an awesome weekend full of parties and cleaning, even managed 45 min of combat last night...tonight is haircuts for the kids and I and maybe going out to eat...probably no evening workout, but if I can squeeze one in it will be yoga or stretching....
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday kids. I took 2 days off work and made a point to hike, lift, run, lift, hot pilates, etc. Quikdogs, look at Exile Fitness in Rosedale Maryland. From what I have researched about powerlifting gyms; you will definitely drive a distance for a good spot. I am totally committed and willing to make the sacrifice for the right place and coach. Quickdogs, I am so happy that you posted your picture and experience here because you have certainly inspired me to forge ahead with it. Beeps, always said lift heavy things and I can honestly see the benefits more and more. I even looked up some female PL's and I must say there are more than what I thought and vary in age and size. Allenpriest, I hope that normalcy returns to you soon. I am very sorry about your dad. Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 3: Core"=Done! 12 hours-10 minutes until VACATION!!!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

What are you doing for vacation?
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    For the month of October:
    Steps: 285,769 - 190.5km - Average 9218 daily
    Cycling: 257.58km - 12:07 Hours
    Aiming for 10000 steps in November.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning cool kids, more snow last night. I so dislike having to clean my car off in the morning.
    I have managed to hike the past two days. Good thing because I ate WAY too much chocolate yesterday. It was like a free for all. :p Back to normal today, despite the lunch room being filled with everyone's left over Halloween candy.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »

What are you doing for vacation?

gonna start off by going down to Philly tonight to see Arch Enemy! Saturday is the Spartan Super, Vernon NJ. the following Saturday it's back to Philly for the Rocky Run! then...me, my dog, my couch...and video games! oh...I have some jobs to do at my Mom's house. gonna go see the new Thor and Justice League too.

but right now, i'm gonna go lift some weights. :p
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 4: Shoulders & Arms"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Beeps, always said lift heavy things and I can honestly see the benefits more and more.

For sure!

I lifted yesterday. And I will yoga on Thursday and lift on Friday. BOOM!