40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• djchaney73
    djchaney73 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, proud of myself for hitting the gym before work.

Woot, grats... takes dedication, I would have to get up at 2 or earlier to do that, lol
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Just catching up. @caramelgyrlk - Glad to hear no major injuries and recovery underway!
  • tzbmidland
    tzbmidland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love this! Will keep me on track if I have to post each day!
    Just finished 40 mins of power walking.
    Very low calorie intake today. Haven't slept at all the past 2 nights so just trying to get through the day.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Good day kids. The owner of the Pilates/Yoga studio told me to come in and just lay in the heat and stretch. I did that and I wasn't as stiff. I will repeat stretching today in the heat. Thanks for the well wishes. I really appreciate it. Have a great everyone.

That will help. It can take longer than you think to get over that.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Leaving Sunday for three week trip to Africa to help daughter come home after two years there.
  • tzbmidland
    tzbmidland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Another sleepless night but I won't let it take me down.
    Started the day with oatmeal, almond milk and a banana.
    Apple and PB for snack later.
    Will hit gym and power walk the track for40 mins.
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Started with an hour of zumba, then ran 2 miles. I'm still slow, but I'm getting faster, and I don't just fall apart after the first mile anymore! I bought a couple of really nice super thin merino blend shirts for cold weather running- and they're even my favorite color.. purple! Can't wait to wear them.
    @tzbmidland - sorry about the sleepless night. I have struggled with insomnia off and on my whole life. I hope your sleep improves soon.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders" & "21 Day Fix: Pilates Fix"=Done!
  • ccubed87
    ccubed87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everyone! I saw this link on my sidebar and thought I'd join. I'm 48, and I started walking more regularly when my friend (a diabetic like me) went into hospice for kidney failure on Sunday, November 5th. She died that Tuesday. I don't want to die just yet, so I'm increasing my activity and I'm reaching out to people so that I can be held accountable on my weight-loss-get-healthy-live-to-be-a-hundred-journey. :smile:
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @ccubed87 I'm so sorry about your friend. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself, and I'm glad you've joined us! I'm pretty new here myself, and I want to live to be a hundred, too! (it clearly wasn't going to happen with the way I'd been doing things.)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "21 Day Fix: Cardio Fix"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Kids. Just restarted strength work with my trainer this week. Whoa! quite a wake up call! Felt like a wet noodle after the first two sessions, but slowly getting better.
  • Coachcritty
    Coachcritty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Pre-surgery (Sept 22 and before), I worked out 5-6 days every week. I was an avid runner and LOVED boot camp. I got medically cleared to return to exercise about 2 weeks ago and I'm having a hard time getting back into my routine. I've worked out 4 times in 2 weeks. Part of the issue is that I'm still tired (from doing very little except healing for 6 weeks). I have a run in February (10K + half marathon back-to-back) and I need to get training.

I said all this to say. I HAVE to run tomorrow. Who is holding me accountable?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "21 Day Fix: Dirty 30"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Happy 1111 to @gam3rguy !
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Im not 40 for another few months ... may I join though?
  • CrazyCoffeeQueen64
    Options
    I would like to join this group to - I am 52 and have now lost nearly four stone - but got another five still to go - pounds going but slowly and just discovered I actually enjoy exercise - it was a case of finding the right things, My swimming is much improved and discovered Spinning a couple of weeks ago. I am still getting used to this app and not sure how to add people or ask people to add me
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris" & "21 Day Fix: Yoga Fix"=Done!