40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Cardio kickboxing all week, trying to increase my weights on the resistance portion so did 25lb dumbbells last night when she said legs, then we squats with push presses to start and then 5 burpee push presses after every round. Needless to say I felt it tonight when we did weighted squats to start! Then off for an hour walk/hike with my youngest.

Hopefully points of gardening, pool opening and fence fixing in my long weekend as the dojo is closed for the weekend.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre"=DONE! WOW!!! :o
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Wow, I did not know you had a home gym, caramel!

My hubby (an introvert) wants “us” to create a home gym. But I know I prefer my cardio in a group setting. I also know that while I am an introvert when I lift weights, I still like access to all the big equipment the gym can provide!

Agreed. Cardio is more fun if you can complain to each other and *kitten* about how the trainer is trying to kill you. :D

There are too many distractions and diversions at home for me. When I go to the gym, it gets me in that "workout state of mind".
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 Dynamix"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Cardio Challenge"=Done! made it...JUST! was gonna "MAX out" a couple times. water break saved me!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Tabata Power"=DONE! MADE IT...AGAIN!!! almost lost it in the triceps round. water breaks are saviors!!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Sweat Intervals"=DONE! MADE IT...AGAIN!!! BARELEY!!! honestly, I started out tired...almost maxed out in the warm up, but then my energy shot kicked in. and those water breaks!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Insanity Max: 30 Sweat Intervals"=DONE! MADE IT...AGAIN!!! BARELEY!!! honestly, I started out tired...almost maxed out in the warm up, but then my energy shot kicked in. and those water breaks!

Gotta love Max 30! And timely water breaks. Btw, the P90X One on One...I'm pretty sure I'd be intimidated by anything named Massacre!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    It's CG Bold Week. So one full-out crazy workout on Monday and recovery for the rest of the week, for which I am grateful! Mud Endeavor 10 on Saturday was tough but good. I'm ready for some recovery workouts.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    Options
    No gym this week - had a trackday on Monday, the middle of this week is bike prep and packing, and I leave tomorrow afternoon to take the long way to the track (stopping in the middle to see if we can fix my electrical gremlin), then Friday track day and races this weekend. Whew.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    I might get that 300lb pull before my birthday in September! I will be 60 yrs old, and I'll be the strongest I've ever been in my life.

You're an inspiration to this 63 year old. You remind me of what is possible with determination. Thank you for this post.

• QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    I might get that 300lb pull before my birthday in September! I will be 60 yrs old, and I'll be the strongest I've ever been in my life.

You're an inspiration to this 63 year old. You remind me of what is possible with determination. Thank you for this post.

No way dude, you are MY inspiration!
  • jenniflower75
    jenniflower75 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    43 this September 26th and I have to say we ARE the cool kids Lol. I had weight loss surgery in 2012 when that happened I didn't lose anything, i mean i did but quickly within a few months gained it back because my stomach turned on me and refused to keep down protein of any kind. I basically threw up and lived on crackers and soup for the past few years with a few days here and there that i did good on regular food, sometimes it would last a few days some times a few months and I was so ashamed that i would leave what ai had planned to eat on my menus rather than what i actually ate. I gave up so many times because the vomiting of course made me lose because i was throwing up more than 15 times a day but then i would be able to hold food down and my body would not give it up so i bounced between 229 and 198 Now i'm below 198 so its a good trend going on. I'm 194 almost 193 and I'm stoked, this is the first time since the problems with the protein started i've been this low and i have to say it feels pretty good. I can't wait to be in the 180's when i get exactly to 180 I'm going to start either keto or atkins, slowly between now and then i'm goign to start adding more protein and cutting more carbs but not to extremes till i get to 180 because that's always when i stall and even gain when i'm trying to lose weight. Its a rough weight for me, breaking that barrier is always hard always has been since i got larger. So that's my story and i'm sticking to it hugs all
  • gam3rguy
    edited May 2018
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Tabata Power"=DONE! MADE IT...AGAIN!!! those water breaks!!! :p
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to recover from work busy season. I've been just physically and mentally exhausted. Finally feeling better a bit
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Friday Fight: Round 1"=DONE! WOW! just made it!! only 2 water breaks! slowed my pike ups down a little to keep it going and not break form...but made it through!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Pulse & P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre"=DONE! WOW! I AM SO WRECKED RIGHT NOW! :o:o:o
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    rest day...in progress! video games, movies and a Pokémon hunt with the pup!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Cardio Challenge & Ab Attack: 10"=Done!