40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• VetTech1374
    VetTech1374 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Turned 44 in January, started on Optavia in Oct 2017 and am down 64 pounds, I am no longer on diabetes medication and feel wonderful! I am 36 pounds away from my 100 pound goal. I started using MFP again because soon I will transition and I need to make sure I keep a log of everything I eat to keep on track. I would like to run a 5K this year with my son who is down 62 pounds. Please feel free to add me..
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Alright, let's post about workouts:

Sunday - long walk
    Monday - step cardio
    Tuesday - weightlifting
    Wednesday - rest
    Thursday - yoga
    Friday - weightlifting
    Saturday - cardio

I like your idea, Beeps! Are these last week's workouts or is this your plan for this week?

This is the next week for me.

Monday - yoga
    Tuesday - circuit training
    Wednesday - weightlifting
    Thursday - circuit training (AM) and yoga (PM)
    Friday - weightlifting
    Saturday - hill walk or hike
    Sunday - rest

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Tabata Strength"=DONE!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Completed my first triathlon of the season yesterday, a half iron distance race.

It was a lot of fun racing with a big group from my local tri club. The course was very challenging due to the significant climbing required on both the bike and run course. My swim and bike splits went as expected, but my run needs some work. Overall, I was happy with my finish.

b2uorvnxjfmf.jpg

I have a friend who did a Reverse Tri this weekend. She loved it! I'm not sure how much I would like doing the swim last, but it's definitely a neat idea.
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Rest day today. For real this time. Was out my door by 5am yesterday, didn’t get back home ‘til after 1am. Gonna practice shiv asana all day today.

Well, FAILED! :s
    The gf wanted to go for a “recovery run”. Ended with having her do pole sprints...for making me get off the couch. >:)

You nail every workout, but you just can't quite crush that Rest day. Keep trying. One of these days you get it, lol
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    It's CG Strength and Agility week, and my usual trainer is still on vacation. The substitute trainers last week were pretty good, but this week isn't starting off very well. Yesterday, the sub was late and we had almost no warm-up before doing a pretty boring workout. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

Today, I did a timed practice of the Endurance and Strength events for CG Games...twice! I'm still not a fan of running with a 20-lb sandbell on my shoulder but I'm getting used to it.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    I have a friend who did a Reverse Tri this weekend. She loved it! I'm not sure how much I would like doing the swim last, but it's definitely a neat idea.

For me, I guess it would depend on two things 1) how skilled a swimmer you are and 2) what is the swim distance.

As a mediocre swimmer (2:00/100yd pace) I would probably be struggling with technique breakdown during a 1.2mile swim after absorbing the punishment of both the bike and run course. On the other hand, if we're talking about a sprint distance race, I'm in! :) But I agree it sounds like a fun idea.

The other event that I"m curious to try is a swim/run event. These are races where teams of two people are tethered together via shock cord, and you swim between ocean islands while wearing your running shoes and using a pull buoy and hand paddles to help you swim. Once on shore, you scramble up the rocks and run trails to the next water entry while carrying pull buoy and paddles. The races are long, often 10-20 miles of running and 4-6 miles of swimming between many small islands. The Swim Run championship event is called the Otillo, held in Sweden, but in the US the Casco Bay Swim Run in Maine has become wildly popular. Very tough (and expensive) to get into this race. You have to apply and show completion in a distance swimming event such as a HIM, IM, or other sanctioned swim.

Just something else to put on my bucket list. :)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    sooooo beauitful, sdereski!! where are these gorgeous places?

Croatia. :)
  • sdereski
    Options
    Rest day today. For real this time. Was out my door by 5am yesterday, didn’t get back home ‘til after 1am. Gonna practice shiv asana all day today.

Amazing!!!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all,

Busy since being back home. Work and with B&B guests. Did run yesterday and it felt pretty good.
    Have a couple more guests arriving tonight for 2 nights, then it's very light for the rest of the summer.
    Want to enjoy my grandkids and they love our beach, so less customers, more grandbaby time. <3

• gam3rguy
    Options

Well, FAILED! :s
    The gf wanted to go for a “recovery run”. Ended with having her do pole sprints...for making me get off the couch. >:)

You nail every workout, but you just can't quite crush that Rest day. Keep trying. One of these days you get it, lol

... :s maybe one day.

looks like I forgot to post this morning. D'OH!

"Insanity Max: 30 Sweat Intervals & 360 Abs"=DONE!

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,973 Member
    Options
    MIssed my workout this morning because my phone updated in the middle of the night and turned off my alarm *mad*
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

For me, I guess it would depend on two things 1) how skilled a swimmer you are and 2) what is the swim distance.

As a mediocre swimmer (2:00/100yd pace) I would probably be struggling with technique breakdown during a 1.2mile swim after absorbing the punishment of both the bike and run course. On the other hand, if we're talking about a sprint distance race, I'm in! :) But I agree it sounds like a fun idea.

The other event that I"m curious to try is a swim/run event. These are races where teams of two people are tethered together via shock cord, and you swim between ocean islands while wearing your running shoes and using a pull buoy and hand paddles to help you swim. Once on shore, you scramble up the rocks and run trails to the next water entry while carrying pull buoy and paddles. The races are long, often 10-20 miles of running and 4-6 miles of swimming between many small islands. The Swim Run championship event is called the Otillo, held in Sweden, but in the US the Casco Bay Swim Run in Maine has become wildly popular. Very tough (and expensive) to get into this race. You have to apply and show completion in a distance swimming event such as a HIM, IM, or other sanctioned swim.

Just something else to put on my bucket list. :)

Wow! That is a serious event! I'm not a strong swimmer, but my daughter is. I need to show her this for her bucket list.

Oh, and the Reverse Tri was a sprint.
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    CG Strength and Agility week continues with weightless Wednesday and an excellent substitute trainer this morning! Yay!

Tomorrow is practice for the Agility and Interval events for CG Games. Oye, this is going to hurt!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Tabata Strength"=DONE!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Week recap:

Deadlift 133kg/292.6lbs lifetime best

Front squat 58kg/something lbs lifetime best

Bench 49kg just oh so short of lifetime best 50kg. I’ll get that next time.

Pretty happy! Others lift more but it’s just you vs you anyway. So whatever.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    Week recap:

Well done, QD! As you know, there is something very satisfying about lifting heavy things off the floor.

Reading "The Barbell Prescription" right now. Starting a new lifting program next week. Can't lose any weight lately - time to see if I can lift more. A lot more.

• QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    Week recap:

Well done, QD! As you know, there is something very satisfying about lifting heavy things off the floor.

Reading "The Barbell Prescription" right now. Starting a new lifting program next week. Can't lose any weight lately - time to see if I can lift more. A lot more.

That book looks good. I have a coach though, so I just do the program he writes for me, no thinking required! lol
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Friday Fight: Round 1"=DONE!