40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• LSmith0018
    LSmith0018 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Alternate days between lifting and running. On run days, run 5k for time, then do another two miles with a sprint/fast walk tabata style set up.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Pulse & Ab Attack: 10"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre"=DONE!
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Been on WW Freestyle for three weeks and haven't lost a pound. I realized that the problem is not getting enough exercise since I left my job. I'm starting a new one on Monday, but I won't be on my feet as much as in the old job. So I began a new exercise plan yesterday. I'm having a rest day today (or just a rest meal) from dieting today and tomorrow I will jump back into it. I did my exercise this morning, in spite of the soreness. Walked in the rain, too.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    CG Games practice today. I worked on the Peak event today. 50-yard Bear crawl dragging 75 lbs, 50-yards of 20-lb sandbell throw, broadjumps, and burpees, 100-yard sandbell throw and run, 50-yard run carrying the sandbell, ending with back peddling 15 yards dragging the 75-lb bag, then turning around and running forward 35 yards dragging the bag.

I ran it a couple of times. Ouch! Thankfully, I have 4 more weeks until the event to train.
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I finished my 8 week plan from my coach last Friday. No new plan yet, so you know what that means! MAX OUT ALL LIFTS AND GO COMPLETELY OFF THE RAILS! Woohoo! Lol
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 very close to my second goal weight, I'm Australian and also a WW lifetime member.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    yesterday was a VICTORY!!! loafed on the couch and played video games!

today..."Insanity Max: 30 Cardio Challenge & 360 Abs"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Tabata Strength"=DONE!
  • dblbbl88
    dblbbl88 Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    ok cool kids... Needing some advice. I have been working my butt off in the gym 3 times a week, lifting weights. Cardio on other days of the week (biking, swimming, hiking). Total 6 to 7 days of exercise per week. I was 2 lbs away from goal...2!!! Now I am 10...
    I am gaining not losing and its killing me!
    My diet is very strict. I cook my own foods, mostly whole foods, and am in a 4000ish caloric deficit (I am religious about weighing and tracking)
    WHY WHY WHY!?
    Any thoughts, advice?
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    dblbbl88 wrote: »
    ok cool kids... Needing some advice. I have been working my butt off in the gym 3 times a week, lifting weights. Cardio on other days of the week (biking, swimming, hiking). Total 6 to 7 days of exercise per week. I was 2 lbs away from goal...2!!! Now I am 10...
    My diet is very strict. I cook my own foods, mostly whole foods, and am in a 4000ish caloric deficit (I am religious about weighing and tracking)
    WHY WHY WHY!?
    Any thoughts, advice?

First... don't panic. When you start getting really close to the goal, that last little bit is a crazy challenge. How often are you weighing in?

Now that you're much lighter, your body won't just shed weight like it may have been doing for weeks or months. Water intake plays a huge role. Lifting can create weight. If you're that close to your goal, you'll see that its not as much about the number on the scale is it is keeping on the path.

Stay diligent and give it time. You'll get it. I know you will!

• dblbbl88
    Options
    work_on_it wrote: »
    WHY WHY WHY!?
    Any thoughts, advice?

First... don't panic. When you start getting really close to the goal, that last little bit is a crazy challenge. How often are you weighing in?

Now that you're much lighter, your body won't just shed weight like it may have been doing for weeks or months. Water intake plays a huge role. Lifting can create weight. If you're that close to your goal, you'll see that its not as much about the number on the scale is it is keeping on the path.

Thank for the confidence. I can probably increase my water intake (as always). I weigh in every day, but the general trend is up...not down and up...just up. Its extremely frustrating and I am fully aware that I put too much stock in the number. Its a psychological thing...
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    WHY WHY WHY!?
    Any thoughts, advice?

Thank for the confidence. I can probably increase my water intake (as always). I weigh in every day, but the general trend is up...not down and up...just up. Its extremely frustrating and I am fully aware that I put too much stock in the number. Its a psychological thing...

I totally get it. I've got seven more to lose on this cut i'm doing now... and lifting increased weights at the same time (sort of a mini recomp plan). So i know it will slow the number on the scale... but dang... it feels good to fight for it :)
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    yesterday was a VICTORY!!! loafed on the couch and played video games!

today..."Insanity Max: 30 Cardio Challenge & 360 Abs"=Done!

Nailed it! Finally! Way to go, gam3rguy!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    WHY WHY WHY!?
    Any thoughts, advice?

I've had the same issue. After losing 45 lbs., hit a plateau. Tried some different calorie levels. Would not budge. Now I'm eating at maintenance for a month and then I'll reduce calories again.

I think your body adapts to the changes and that is why people have a difficult time losing those last few pounds.

• BettyM1017
    Options
    My favorite CG trainer is back from vacation. Yay! And Ow!

Yesterday was an awesome beginning to Interval week. Lots of variety...and sweat!

Today I practiced the Strength and Endurance events for CG Games. 4 weeks and counting.
  • dblbbl88
    Options
    WHY WHY WHY!?
    Any thoughts, advice?

I totally get it. I've got seven more to lose on this cut i'm doing now... and lifting increased weights at the same time (sort of a mini recomp plan). So i know it will slow the number on the scale... but dang... it feels good to fight for it :)

It is a good feeling, and I can do things now that I never even dreamed of doing, like hiking last weekend for 21 miles. I am just terrified of gaining weight and I let my head get in the middle of it.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Sweat Intervals & Max Out Abs"=DONE!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    CG Interval week continues with Weightless Wednesday and a lot of sprints!