Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey kids,

Walked today.

My body is definitely craving weights.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Shoulders and Traps=Done!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,089 Member
    (((caramel)))

I hope you can get back to weightlifting soon.

I have not lifted weights in 3.5 weeks....the longest break in a decade!

The Home Gym is not built and all the basement boxes are in the way. I am walking outside when I can. I hope the Home Gym is done in the next 6- to 8- weeks. I expect I will have lost strength — I don’t want to stress about it. I have enough stress!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Hey kids, hope all is well.

I put my baby boy down early this morning. It's been a trying few weeks. Hiking will not be the same without him.

A brisk walk is all I can handle today.

Have a great evening ahead.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,782 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    My 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021 (only got 97 last year)
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 71/365
    Body: 31/120
    Heart: 2/15
    Mind: 5% complete

Gotta do better at keeping up with my logging... In the past week, I hit the gym 3 times...

Heavy (5x5) Deadlifts
    Moderate (3x10) Chest & shoulder & tri's
    Heavy (5x5) Back & bi's

What was UNscheduled was helping my son move out of his apartment and back into my basement, rushing to try to beat the blizzard.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Hey kids, hope all is well.

I put my baby boy down early this morning. It's been a trying few weeks. Hiking will not be the same without him.

A brisk walk is all I can handle today.

Have a great evening ahead.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • 3furballs
    Did my second kettlebell marathon doing long cycle. Managed to do 35 minutes at 12kg and then dropped to 8kg for the rest when I felt my hands ripping.
  • gam3rguy
    Chest, Shoulders and Triceps= DONE!
  • gam3rguy
    LEGS! DONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Nicely done 3furballs and gam3rguy
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,725 Member
    3furballs wrote: »
    Did my second kettlebell marathon doing long cycle. Managed to do 35 minutes at 12kg and then dropped to 8kg for the rest when I felt my hands ripping.

Please elaborate on your kettlebell marathon cycle. I'm guessing that you are doing various kettlebell movements nonstop - is that correct? Thank you.
  • LilianaV22
    LilianaV22 Posts: 17 Member
    How about 55 n up, where are my homies?
  • gam3rguy
    I forgot to post Back & Bis done earlier.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,782 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    My 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021 (only got 97 last year)
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 76/365
    Body: 32/120
    Heart: 3/15
    Mind: 5% complete

Over the weekend did two hours of shoveling heavy, wet snow, that's enough workout for anybody! lol

Tonight I surprised my wife by taking her out on a Wednesday night, was very pleasant, less of a wait at the restaurant. (Though they did overcook my ribs...)
  • 3furballs
    edited March 2021

Please elaborate on your kettlebell marathon cycle. I'm guessing that you are doing various kettlebell movements nonstop - is that correct? Thank you.

Thank you This! This marathon is non-stop long cycle, so swing to clean and jerk. I switched hands every 30 sec.
  • gam3rguy
    edited March 2021
    Well. Effed up my “streak”. Whomp, whomp...
    Time to go to the gym!
  • gam3rguy
    Chest, Shoulders and Triceps= DONE!
  • gam3rguy
    It’s LEG DAY!!! Went up in weights by 1 Pikachu!!! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣7ebjb8569cuo.jpeg
  • Beeps2011
    I hope to be outside for a walk, today.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,725 Member

Thank you This! This marathon is non-stop long cycle, so swing to clean and jerk. I switched hands every 30 sec.

That is a killer workout, @3furballs. 👍 I need to put this in my exercise rotation. I'm thinking I will start around 10 minutes and work up from there.