2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Is today day seven of the challenge? If it is I am 7/7. 6/7 was 4 miles on the elliptical and 7/7 was 3 miles on the elliptical and 2 miles on my bike.
    Have a good rest of the weekend ladies!!!
  • erockah
    Options
    Would you allow another joinee? I am 29 and my only child is about to turn 1 on the 17th. My weight has fluctuated between 130 and 215 since I was 18 and since I had the baby I haven't been able to get below 200 again so this time I'm not dieting! I''m tracking my food and holding myself accountable for exercising. I work in the wine and spirits industry which has me in my car all day and constantly on the run, a slow week is 45-50 hours and in Sept I received a job transfer that I have been adjusting to so I've been working 60+! :ohwell: I've wanted to excercise but haven't. :sad: I bought the wii dance game and decided I'm going to do a minimum of 20 minutes 5 mornings a week for cardio and to rebuild my endurance and stamina. Today would be my 1/7 with 30 min dancing on the wii and 2 hours of moderate walking.
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Would you allow another joinee? I am 29 and my only child is about to turn 1 on the 17th. My weight has fluctuated between 130 and 215 since I was 18 and since I had the baby I haven't been able to get below 200 again so this time I'm not dieting! I''m tracking my food and holding myself accountable for exercising. I work in the wine and spirits industry which has me in my car all day and constantly on the run, a slow week is 45-50 hours and in Sept I received a job transfer that I have been adjusting to so I've been working 60+! :ohwell: I've wanted to excercise but haven't. :sad: I bought the wii dance game and decided I'm going to do a minimum of 20 minutes 5 mornings a week for cardio and to rebuild my endurance and stamina. Today would be my 1/7 with 30 min dancing on the wii and 2 hours of moderate walking.

Welcome erockah! I think you'll enjoy being part of our little group. Sounds like your schedule is about as crazy as mine is. I find that during the week the very early morning before work is the only time I can realistically get any exercise in for now. I've slacked lately, but am trying to get back on track. My problem is that if I don't make enough time to get in 40-50 minutes in the morning I just take it as a loss and don't do anything because I've been doing that length of cardio for such a long time. I need to remember that 20 minutes is great if that is all I can make time for!

Verda, you're right, Saturday was the last day of the week and we'll start over with 1/7 today. And I am SOOOOO glad that you're fighting the good fight and trying to serve kids healthy lunches. It's amazing the crap that some schools put in front of kids and we wonder why our youth are overweight and many have adult onset diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure.

Debra--I do work about 60 hours per week, but probably 5 or so are work from home hours. And sadly for my profession 60 hours per week is really pretty good! And honestly, of my husband and myself I have the easiest job. Taking care of a toddler is a HARD job!! I totally respect stay at home moms who cart kids around all day, keep the house clean and stocked and keep food on the table.

Ivy--a test driver??? That sounds really cool! It's probably a bit different than I'm picturing, but I can just see you in a car out on a track, full driving suit and helmet, speeding around! :laugh:

Jennifer--glad you found our group. Running an in-home daycare sounds crazy busy!!! Hope you're getting your workouts in.

As for me, the first week of January was less than stellar, as I only completed 2/7 for the week with 45 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. Part of my problem was the insomnia, part of it was having a houseguest all week (leaving today!!) and part was just not making it a priority. Ready to get back at it today, so I'll be posting my 1/7 later!!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    God morning Ladies!!!
    Another new member... Welcome!!! and I hear ya on the evil scale not dropping under 200. I have had that problem too. The closest I got was 204 in 2010.... then up/down since then! I am determined to get htere this year. I just have too!!

I had the grandkids on Friday and Saturday... love, love , love when they are here... we got out for plenty of walks, very warm here in INdiana... but muddy! We even took a late night walk back in our woods Friday night... out looking for coyotes... haha, they were a holwing and the grandkids thought we should see if they were ok.....

so I finished 6/7 for the week. I also lost about 4 pounds this week... and started my cycle yesterday... so pretty good.. still not back down to my ticker loss... but will be, I think the extra weight had to be water weight from all the sugar and crap holiday foods I was gorging on.....

I have to run....
    Taking my daughter back to college today so I will probably take today off... unless I do a quick walk, the sun is out here again today!!
    I will let you know...
    Have a blessed week everyone!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Got my 1/7 in today with 45 minutes on the elliptical. I love having houseguests, but it is always nice to see them go and get back to normal life! Planning to get to bed early tonight and get a morning workout in. Definitely shooting to hit 5/7 this week!!!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I need to get better at tracking my walks. I walked around target & the grocery store for about 2 hours. But it was at a slow pace... just doddling around. It's sad, but that was my ME time. Actually, I got a massage today, but I still needed out of the house away from the little people. Hubby has a cold... so naturally, he acted like he was on death bed. I had to escape.
    So, does my snail pace walk count as 1/7?
    I have Just Dance for the wii, but I have never done it. The kids like it. In fact, they had me dance with it on you tube. I did enjoy it so decided to buy it, but have yet to play the actual game. DD13 says it kicks your butt. I have it on my To Do list this week.
    Grocery trip was a success - good, healthy food in - junk food out. DH ate it all today to help me out... better him than me :wink:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    So this guy comments at work that he likes to hike but he can't see himself running around the parking lot. I wanted to tell him don't do it then.. LOL! It's amazing what people will say to your efforts to maintain good health. Some think it's creative others stupid. Why would anyone have any thoughts at all. Another guy comments it was too cold to walk but he would stand outside and smoke cigarettes. OK!???
  • vhuber
    Options
    So this guy comments at work that he likes to hike but he can't see himself running around the parking lot. I wanted to tell him don't do it then.. LOL! It's amazing what people will say to your efforts to maintain good health. Some think it's creative others stupid. Why would anyone have any thoughts at all. Another guy comments it was too cold to walk but he would stand outside and smoke cigarettes. OK!???

really???:noway: :noway: But YOU made me laugh!!:laugh:
  • vhuber
    Options
    I posted last evening and it is not on here..:angry: WTH???
    I told onehecticmom I thought it was great to let the DH hub's clean out the crud and that it was great she replaced it with healthy.I also told her to go for it on the JUST DANCE workout and to do it with laughter! I also wished Debra congrats on the weightloss and I hoped her trip back to her daughters college went well. I can not remember what else. My 1/7 was 2 miles on the ellip and a 1/2 mile on the TM.

Today for 2/7 I ran 3 walked 1. It was absolutely beautiful here today, it got to 56 and there was NO wind. Awesome running weather! Felt so great but the back is telling me it was a stupid idea!!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    1/7 walking at lunch and on breaks 30 min

Verda, glad I could make you laugh. My grandmom had a pacemaker put in today. She was laughing and talking after. She has a much better disposition about life than I do. I need to buck up.

Just dance is great. I don't have it but a friend had it and it was fun.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hey, ya'll, mind if I join? I've missed Sunday and Monday of this week, so I guess Tuesday through Saturday will be my workout days? Or do you all start your week on a specific day?
  • ivykivy
    Options
    2/7 20 min on treadmill.

Hi dee. Welcome. We start our week on Sunday.

Off to work.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Hi dee and welcome to our little group! We try to post everyday with what we did for fitness and to offer encouraging words! I hope we can be there for you!!

Ivy I hope your mom keeps that attitude, that will keep her around a little longer!

My 3/7 was 4 plus miles on the bike!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    3/7 Taebo basic. Yesterday I walked during breaks at work.

Have a great day!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Hey fabulous ladies!! I have been failing miserably at getting any fitness in this week, and am still sitting at 1/7. :sad: It has been a super crazy hectic week, and I have late meetings again tonight. Trying to get things tidied up at work before going out on maternity leave in 12 weeks is just crazy. Until things slow down I think that I'm going to have shoot for 3 workouts per week--that will mean I only have to find one day M-F to workout and can get workouts in on Saturday and Sunday. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I really think that when I'm out on maternity leave I'll be able to find at least 30 min to an hour 5 days per week to get some fitness in. I've told my hubby that it is important to me and he's willing to help out--especially since he'll be home with me for the entire time. Right now, though, if I don't get out of bed at 5:30 am to workout my only other option is in the evening, and then I don't get to see my daughter. :frown:

Hope you guys are having a great week! We're almost to the weekend, but of course I'm on call for the holiday weekend. :grumble:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Okay, I posted here, then forgot. Whoops! I didn't workout yesterday, but I'm going to do an hour on the Wii today. Basically, I bowl, play tennis, baseball, and box and walk in place between games. It's not the hardest workout I've ever done, but it's not bad.

I am planning a Mystery Night for Teen Night at church right now, but I should be able to get in workouts today and tomorrow. Friday, I have the Teen Night and we're headed to a Sea Life Center for a school day. That will take up most of my day, but maybe I can get in a walk somewhere.
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    2/7 was a 20 minute speed walk in the mall - was on a mission for some short sleeve cotton shirts and nobody had em, so I had to speed through the mall before it closed. It's either long sleeve or v-neck paper thin shirts. WTH? Guess I will have to order them online. Love the ribbed cotton t's from old navy.

3/7 was 25 minutes on the elliptical. I did a weight loss program preset on the machine. typically I just go at level 2 or 3 for 15 minutes. This time it got up to level 5 - kicked my butt. Then I did 5 minutes of sit-ups/ push ups.

Still have yet to play Just Dance. Maybe this weekend. The week is always busy with the girls. I feel like I live at the dance studio. Kayla has dance Mon & Tues. Jordyn has dance Tues, Wed & Sat. I am hoping Kayla will school her mom on how to play that game. I am sure she will smoke me :embarassed:
  • vhuber
    Options
    Heather, I would not want your "condition" nor your job, but I know it is greaat that you do! Hang in there you do not have that much longer to go! You amae me with that schedule!!

dee,what ever consist's of steady movement for a length of time that holds the heart rate up to burn calories is considered fitness, so if you are working through what you posted then by all means count it girl. I hope your night event at the church went well!

onehecticmom., you did good on the elliptical and so what if the daughter kicks your booty in the Just Dance workout, just grin and bear it cuz you can practice when she is in school and who is gonna do the butt kickin next time??:wink:

Hey Ivy way to work it girl!!!!

Hi Debra, how's it going??

My 4/7 was a 1 mile walk and a 3 mile run on the treadmill.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    4/7 Two miles with leslie. Walking at work if weather permits.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    You guys are still killing it! Keep it up!

YAYYYY!!! I'm 2/7 with 35 minutes doing the Just Dance 2 game. I had never really thought about doing that to get some exercise in, but it was fun and made me break a sweat! I wore my HRM and I actually burned 234 calories!! My average HR was lower than if I were doing the elliptical, but I was still able to maintain it in the 130's. My daughter certainly won't watch me workout on the elliptical, but she got a kick out of watching me dance around like a maniac. Looks like this may be my new way to get at least a little activity in the evening if I can't get my butt out of bed in the morning!!

Hope you ladies are having a great day!!! :happy: :happy: