2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Options

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    3/7 today with 35 minutes Wii Just Dance. Olivia had a blast watching mommy make a fool out of herself. :)

Keep up the good work ladies! Verda, I'm glad you took a break since you needed it. And Debra, I hope you're feeling better soon. Can't wait to see your little Buzz! :) And Ivy as far as my Zumba goes--you definitely wouldn't be in awe if you could see me doing it! I'm sure I look really silly, but it's fun and a great workout so I don't care!! :)

Hope you guys are having a great weekend!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    1/7 with a 2.5 mile walk with the furries and then 7.5 miles on the bike!!!

Have a GREAT week ladies!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    2/7 with a 4 mile run and a 1 mile walk!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    1/7 20 min of the firm and 10min solutions Kickbox Arm sculpt and walking on breaks
  • vhuber
    Options
    Good job Ivy!!

3/7 with 1 mile on the TM and 2 on the bike at 5 a.m.!! That is just toooo dang early for ANY body to move fast!:wink:
  • ivykivy
    Options
    2/7 Taebo basic and 5 min of the firm.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Great job Ivy and Verda! You guys rock as usual! I'm still sitting at 0/7 for the week. Mr. Insomnia has been kicking in WAY too early--I've been waking up at 3am and falling back to sleep around 4:30 or 5, so no hopes of getting a workout in before work when that happens. Zumba was cancelled last night in honor of Valentine's Day--personally I would have preferred Zumba since we didn't have any exciting plans! Hopefully I can get my daughter in the spirit to do Just Dance with my tonight, or at least watch and let me do it because hubby has a boys night out and my daughter is a little under the weather so being very clingy right now.

Happy Wednesday all! Hope you're having a great week!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hey Friends... I have been so sick, fever, sore throat... body aches... YUCK! I sooo blame my son, he was like this a couple weeks back and was sneezing all over the house!
    I didn't get moving until Monday, but got an hour in on treadmill. Yesterday I did a quick 15 mintues on the elliptical and had planned on an evening walk... but it never happened :angry:
    so 2/7 so far... catching up on paperwork, bills and such.... plus I need to check what I might have missed :bigsmile:
    Have a great day ladies!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon Debra!! Kids are such germ factories! Fantastic job getting your workouts in despite being sick. I'm sure that I would be sick way more often if I didn't work in a hospital and get exposed to crap all the time.

So no workout for me tonight. Didn't get home until about 7pm and had enough time to scarf down dinner and take care of my sick daughter. She had a 104 degree fever when I got home, but fortunately I got it down with Tylenol and ibuprofen. So no workout for me tonight. Fingers crossed that if insomnia strikes tomorrow morning it will be at 4 am rather than 3 so I might get my butt out of bed and work out!!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Go Verda
    Debra hope you feel better soon
    Heather hope your daughter feels better and you get rest.

3/7 Leslie Fat Burn Walk
  • ivykivy
    Options
    4/7 10 min solutions 3 kickbox segments 30 min
  • ivykivy
    Options
    5/7 Taebo 8min and 3 segments of the Firm.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Woo hoo Ivy! You're doing great! I'm sure Verda is getting the workouts in too but probably just hasn't posted. Debra--hope you're feeling better now! I'm still sitting at 0/7 for the week. :sad: Looks like my daughter decided to share her germs with mommy, and I've been under the weather--just in time to enjoy my 4 day weekend in the mountains with our friends. :cry: Oh well, at least I'm not at the hospital sharing my germs with others!!

So for now I'm just trying to rest and stay hydrated. Just keeping my fingers crossed that I'll feel well enough to get my Zumba on this Tuesday!! Happy Saturday everyone!!!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    6/7 Ten minute solutions 1 segments of Kick Box and 1 of Cardio burner and 10 min of pilates and 10 minutes on the treadmill

Heather, Hope you feel better. Enjoy your trip. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Good job ladies! Deb and Heather I hope by now you two are feeling better and Ivy you are a rockin girl (way to go)! Wed I started coming down with the sneezies and I went from work, to a meeting with the principal and then to the bachelor man I clean house for. I did a 12 plus hour day so NO I did not do a workout. Thursday was feeling soooo tired at 5 a.m. so I thought when we get to the city tonite I will get on one of the machines at the hotel but my body was aching & I was sneezing so NO I did not workout again but Friday i rode bike 12 miles and Sat I ran 3 miles so I was good for 5/7! I will earn my 1/7 today after I get my laundry done and my home back in order:noway: ! It is in the upper 40's today and the sun is soooo nice to have. I ALWAYS need vitamin D....so I will take a walk outside for some fresh air! Sorry I did not remember to grab my lap top to check in over the weekend!
    I get tomorrow off and am soooo in need of doing nothing!!!!!:laugh: May you all have an awesome week!!!
  • busym0m
    busym0m Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just found this thread and could use some motivation right now. I've been doing great with workouts. I've been doing the 30 day shred 5-6 days a week and a day of elliptical. My issue is that the scale isn't moving. I hit a plateau over the holidays and chalked it up to parties and holiday meals. In the new year, I stuck to my calories and still nothing, so I started the shred at the end of January. First 10 days I lost the few pounds I gained over the holidays plus an additional 3! The scale hasn't budged since except to go up a pound or two. It's been 2-2 1-/2 weeks now. I had been eating everything that MFP said I could (that included the exercise calories), so, as of today, I'm only eating my calorie budget (1400) and am cutting back a day on the shred to give my body an extra day to heal/rest. Hoping it works because this plateau business is for the birds! :)
  • ivykivy
    Options
    1/7 30 Day Shred level 1 minus Ab section and 11 min on treadmill
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    OMG! A major relaspe for me.. sore throat came back with a vengence... had the grandkids for a few days and felt fine, then had a busy weekend with scheduled meetings for baseball and my throat , neck..body all ache.... I have been healthy for the last few winters... this wet one is doing me in! I got a couple walks in with the kids while they were here and did the treadmill on saturday... but yesterday nothing. Today I am bleaching the house and doing all the sheets and such... that sneaky virus is still here somewhere! :(
    Welcome busymom..... good luck. The scale is evil... I fight it all the time... if you haven't all ready, I suggest taking measurements, sometimes that is what would save me when the scale wouldn't budge!
    Ivy... Great Job, love how you mix it up.. I need to sstart making myself do at least 10 mins... I have been giving in a lot here lately!!
    Verda... enjoy your day off!!!
    Heather... hope your weekend wasnt a bust!! ( hope your little one is better too!)
  • vhuber
    Options
    I am still at 1/7 (after my 3 mile walk yesterday evening) because I stayed busy cleaning and redecorating my bathroom ( I got NEW countertop, sink & faucet last week) and by the time I was finished my whole body is aching AGAIN. I am doing computer catch up and then I am heading to bed early! So far I have not had all of your symptoms Debra just a stuffy nose and feeling like an 18 wheeler spun out on me!! Hope I can post a positive tomorrow!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Debra I am using netflix of course it has cost me 30 dollars over the last couple of months but I needed the boost. I just have to get my eating in order. I had the stomach virus and had to wash and spray everything. The house smelled so much like clorox if it didn't kill the germs it sure would kill me

Verda- way to go. Congrats on the new bathroom and the much needed rest. Hope you all feel better.

2/7 with 40 min of ten min solutons kick box. I did 8 min taebo yesterday but I'm not counting it.