2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Heather we are friends:happy:

5/7 today with 10 min solutions kick box I did 2 1/2 segments for about 25 min total. I have a paranoia about exercising in front of others.

Welcome Cindy!

Verda I would love to be able to do your light days! I am lazy and this job is making me lazier.

Debra I know drainage issues are horrible. Hope you get i fixed soon!

Heather how's our dancing baby? She will be here soon! Mommy needs her rest though. Hope you feel better.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    4/7 was only a fast 2 mile walk on the TM at 5 a.m.! I was dragging today. I do not know if it is because the week was hectic or from giving blood yesterday, but probably BOTH anyways that is ALL I did!
    Great job ladies and WELCOME Cindy!! I agree with Deb on the speed, like Tony Horton from P90X always said "Just do your best and forget the rest"!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Good morning fabulous ladies! I'm FINALLY 1/7 with 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I made a deal with myself that if I wasn't back asleep by 5:15 I was DEFINITELY getting my workout in--and I followed through and got up! I think that the workout probably energized me more than laying in bed awake for an extra hour would have. :happy:

Ivy--yep, this baby is still just dancing away. I think that's part of the contribution to my insomnia. When I wake up in the wee hours of the morning if the baby is going to town I just can't get back to sleep. I keep reminding myself that this is time limited, and I'm trying to enjoy it since this will be my last pregnancy. In 7-10 weeks my body will be my own again--well, sorta! :wink:

Debra--how do you like the Firm? I have the step system that comes with it and a couple Firm videos from about 5 years ago (that I need to try to find!) but I haven't done it in forever. Maybe I'll dig that out after baby comes. I remember the few times I did it the lunges and squats KILLED me!

Verda--you are too hard on yourself! :wink: These days I think ANY activity at 5 am is completely admirable. And especially after giving blood, you can definitely feel fatigued for a bit so don't overdo it and listen to your body!!

Gotta run see patients now, but just wanted to check in. Happy Friday everyone!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Ended up being a school cancelation yesterday... so a complete flop around to my day.... My son is 13, huge and always hungry :bigsmile: , I eat waaaay more when he is home for the day! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I didn't get a workout in until 6 pm last night, talked my husband into going out for a run in our woods...., it was raining and it was muddy, but I just couldn't get myself to do anything indoors.... had to get out of the house! So I did get 4/7 completed!
    Heather... Yippee!!! I could just hear how much better you felt getting that ellptical in first thing... I actually love the older firm videos, these are back from the 1990s, they are total body with some aerobic and they just really work me out... I have to modify some of the moves... but it always hits my tush BIGTIME! :wink: I would do them more often if I didn't have to drag out so much crap..:laugh: I can't believe how quick it seems this pregnancy is moving along... I am sure you don't feel the same way.... my son was my mover and my "couldnt sleep through the night" while pregnant, I was also sick for the first three months... I always tease him and say he was 100% male and trouble fromt he get-go :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , the movement as uncomfortable as it can get was always my favorite part of pregnancy.
    Ivy... I need to send you out a friend request too.... funny how we never did that and have known each other for what? Almost a couple years right?
    Verda..... you just give and give and give! You had better listen to your body and take an extra day off!! :flowerforyou:
    How are you new gals doing... please let us know!!
    It might be a busy weekend for me, we have to make up out conference games in basketball and there is a baseball fundraiser tonight.... wishing you all a great weekend!! Will check in when I can!!
  • vhuber
    Way to work it ladies!!!! You are SOOOOOO good!!!!

Like I said before it was an @ss draggin week, I think due to menopause and crappy sleep, so once again it was my 5 a.m. 2 miler on the TM making me 5/7. I WILL stay in be past 4:50 for the next 2 mornings!!! Have a GREAT weekend ladies!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    I'm 2/7 for the week with another 45 minutes on the treadmill. Could have been better, but could have been worse too! I can't wait for my Zumba class to start back in a little over a week--a great chance to hang out with friends and get my workout in!

Hope you guys are having a good weekend. Try to get some sleep Verda! I can totally relate to the frustrations of insomnia!!!
  • vhuber
    I did not get out of bed till 8 o'clock, I woke off and on through out the night but I felt rested when I got up and that was a feeling I have not had for some time!! Cleaned out the cabinets in the bathroom and the entry cuz the new countertops are to be in on Monday!!! I filled 2 trash bags in the process!!!
    My 6/7 was 4 miles on the bike!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Glad you got some sleep, Verda! I'm 1/7 today with another 45 minutes on the elliptical. Hope everyone has had a great weekend!
  • ivykivy
    1/7 Today with 10min solutions kickbox 11 min walk/job on treadmill and 1 mile with leslie.
  • vhuber
    I slept in again today!!!! YAY for me!! I also got the whole upstairs spotless, thank goodness for people coming to spend the weekend cuz it get's me moving!!
    1/7 with a 3mile walk with my furry friends!!! The fresh air felt awesome!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Well... not so great end to last week for me... I was a a stand still with 4/7
    Friday and Saturdays are becoming impossible.... ugh!!
    We didnt win our first round of BB playoffs and I was in such a mood... I kept getting hot flashes while there and the refs were totally blowing some calls and for heavens sakes I was screaming like some kind of crazy woman... NOT like me at all.... my son even asked me what was wrong.... said he heard me :blushing: Just felt like wringing some necks
    Migraine today... so I know what's coming :ohwell:
    1/7 for me yesterday I tried to chill with some yoga and I went in for a tanning session :happy:
    The grandkids are coming over today, maybe to stay the night so I will probably get on the treadmill here soon

Have a great week everyone!!
  • vhuber
    Hey Debra, just do your best! Some times going crazy trying to fit in fitness just cause MORE stress in our lives!! Too bad about the horrible officiating at your son's game. I have seen some dandy's in my life and I too can't keep my mouth shut!:grumble: I am not as bad as I use to be cuz I realized I embarassed my DH!!:blushing:

2/7 with 7 miles on my bike this evening!!
  • makeitallsue
    Hey Friends...... I di manage to kick my own butt yesterday, the grandkids didn't come until noon, so I ran/walked for 45 mins on treadmill and also did 30 minutes of upper body free weights.... good thing because once the kids got here, we ate and baked allllll day!
    Verda, my husband is the one of the two of us that will yell something haha, I mean neither of us are regulars but every now and then we yell some stuff out and it's like "where did that come from".... we are just competitive I guess, but last saturday I was just in a mood and I am working with the new doctor about the peri menapause stuff and I have stopped taking the vitimins that I was taking to help with mood.... I think they might of been helping, because I can tell a difference this month.....

2/7 this week, will try to get back on with todays workout... not sure what it will be just yet, chores first!
  • vhuber
    Way to go Debra!!! Sounds like it was a good time with the GS's!! I sure hope the new doc can help you find relief, gosh what we women have to endure!!:grumble:

I am 3/7 with a 2.5 mile walk with my furry kids and 7.5 on the bike!!
  • ivykivy
    2/7 with Vacuuming an apartment for 40 min. I broke a real certified sweat. Plus 10 min solutions carb burn
  • vhuber
    I agree Ivy, sometimes housework can be strenuous!!!

My 4/7 was a really nice 2.5 mile walk with my dogs! They love me!!!:smooched:
  • ivykivy
    3/7 Taebo basic 11 min walk/jog on treadmill and 1 mile with leslie
  • wanna_be_fit
    I second that on the housework! It takes me 4 hours to clean our main living level and I am always sore afterwards. Because of that we decided to hire a housecleaner who can do the job MUCH better than me, especially since I'm not very good at it and I don't want to spend my limited free time cleaning instead of playing with my daughter!!

I'm glad that you guys are still going strong as usual. Looks like I'll be lucky to get to 2/7 for the week. My daughters birthday is this Saturday, so I have to start making her cake tonight, tint all the frosting tomorrow, and then decorate the cake on Saturday before the party. I tried to talk her into a simple butterfly or ladybug cake pan that wouldn't be that challenging to decorate, but no her heart was set on Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story, so Buzz it is! This could be a disaester! :)

Hope you guys are having a good week. We're almost to the weekend!!!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Oh Heather, I got a big old smile from your cake... my heart goes out to you. That will take some time. When my son was 5.. he was big into Buzz too. ( ok, still loves him..heheh) For his 5th birthday he wanted to dress as buzz, ride "bullseye" down to the neighbors and host a hotdog party......
    I made his outfit, that pattern had 108 pieces, we dressed the pony up and gave him all his wishes... it is still the party he talks about most... I have pictures somewhere.. I will share sometime. The funny thing is, well not funny... but later that year he also wanted to be Buzz for Halloween...and had out grown his costume....so I had to make a new one ALL over again...did I mention 108 pieces??? haha Thanks for the trip down memory lane... I needed to reflect a little... my husband and I had words last night, sometimes being a stay at home Mom... you really dont always feel as though you have contributed to the family, you know.... but memories like that... I created for my son and in my book is pretty important too.
    I am still sitting at 3/7, didnt feel l well yesterday and didn't get a workout in... will try to get moving today, I have some work to do upstairs first!
    Good luck with that cake... Go Mom!!

Ivy... I could use some help with the vacuming :wink: , my least favorite chore!
    Verda... Lucky pooches...... I have been slacking with Bella... it had been so muddy here, I have been keeping our walks short!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Oh Heather, I got a big old smile from your cake... my heart goes out to you. That will take some time. When my son was 5.. he was big into Buzz too. ( ok, still loves him..heheh) For his 5th birthday he wanted to dress as buzz, ride "bullseye" down to the neighbors and host a hotdog party......
    I made his outfit, that pattern had 108 pieces, we dressed the pony up and gave him all his wishes... it is still the party he talks about most... I have pictures somewhere.. I will share sometime. The funny thing is, well not funny... but later that year he also wanted to be Buzz for Halloween...and had out grown his costume....so I had to make a new one ALL over again...did I mention 108 pieces??? haha Thanks for the trip down memory lane... I needed to reflect a little... my husband and I had words last night, sometimes being a stay at home Mom... you really dont always feel as though you have contributed to the family, you know.... but memories like that... I created for my son and in my book is pretty important too.
    I am still sitting at 3/7, didnt feel l well yesterday and didn't get a workout in... will try to get moving today, I have some work to do upstairs first!
    Good luck with that cake... Go Mom!!

Ivy... I could use some help with the vacuming :wink: , my least favorite chore!
    Verda... Lucky pooches...... I have been slacking with Bella... it had been so muddy here, I have been keeping our walks short!
    Have a great day everyone!

I'm glad I could help you to take a little stroll down memory lane! :smile: And a pattern with 108 pieces--you are the woman!! I used to sew and I know I NEVER made a pattern with anywhere near 108 pieces. I definitely am looking forward to helping create those special memories, and I will just have to remind myself that even if Buzz doesn't turn out perfect my daughter probably won't care. :wink: And as for contributing as a stay at home mom, I honestly think that is THE hardest job in the world. I tell my husband all the time how happy I am that he is willing to stay home with Olivia so that I can go to work. My job can be tough and has long hours, but taking care of kids is WAY harder in my opinion!!

You should definitely post some pics of the Buzz costume--would love to see it!! :smile: