2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Options

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Still @ 3/7 caught the nasty virus thats going around.

Debra the sad part of the vacuuming is that is wasn't my place. I still need to clean up my own mess.
    Heather hope you feel better. Good luck on the cake. Take pictures and post it !!!
    Verda good walk. Is all the snow gone?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I had to take Thursday off, I had planned to come home from work, take the doogs and go for our walk then clean up the house cuz my youngest son & girlfriend were driving through the night & would arrive on Fri morning but he called and said they got to leave early and were only 3 hrs from home ! Boy did the DH and I get busy!:laugh: My home is never BAD but I wanted every thing done so I can relax with them while they are home for 4 days!
    So Thurs was a wash but Fri 5/7 was a 5 a.m. TM date due to early dinner plans with all of us! I will not be on again today so I will post my 6/7 now cuz we ARE going for walks today ,it is beautiful out!!
    Have a GREAT weekend!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I'm 2/7 for the week today with 45 minutes on the elliptical. I got it out of the way when I woke up at 6:45 this morning and then I worked on Olivia's cake for about 4 hours, but she's worth it! It's not perfect, but not too bad for the first fancy cake I've made in about 10 years! I took a picture since the cake will be devoured in a few hours and I'll have no evidence of all my hard work! :)

o7EiH.jpg

Hope you guys have a great day!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    OMG Heather that is AWESOME!!!! I am SOOOOOOO impressed!!! You have talents that we have no idea of!!!! GREAT job, your daughter had to have been quite excited!!! Hope the party went well!!!

Yes I did get in the workout I promised, I ran (did a little walking) for 4 miles!!! It was beautiful out and felt sooo good!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    1/7 with a 4 mile run and a half mile walk! Another nice day in Montana!!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Sorry missing in action over the weekend... 80s prom came and went and was sooooooo much fun, I suggest you get your friends together and do this!!
    My profile is a pic of hubby and I, I also put one up on my profile of more of my dress......
    Verda, recognize this fabric???
    Back to the grind stone today!!

Heather I LOVE your cake.... what a fantastic job!!!!
    Will look for my little Buzz today!! Love it!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Thanks for the cake compliments--I was pretty pleased with how it came out, and our guests thought it was amazing. Only problem is that now my husband knows my cake making ability he said I have to make EVERY birthday cake for Olivia and for baby from here on out!!

Great job getting it done Verda!! You are a machine!

Debra--I LOVE the 80's prom pic--what a fun event that must have been! Can't wait to see your little Buzz. :smile:

Unfortunately I didn't get my workout in yesterday. :sad: I had to make cupcakes for Olivia to take to her pre-school birthday party today, and hubby asked me to make a double batch so that he and she would have some to munch on after the Buzz cake is gone. So by the time I made the double batch of cupcakes, more frosting, decorated them and did my laundry the day was gone. :ohwell: On the bright side ZUMBA is back tomorrow night, so I have at least one hour of protected time this week to get some activity in!!! Will try to also get at least one early morning workout in if the sleep goes a little better this week.

Hope you guys are having a great Monday!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Sorry missing in action over the weekend... 80s prom came and went and was sooooooo much fun, I suggest you get your friends together and do this!!
    My profile is a pic of hubby and I, I also put one up on my profile of more of my dress......
    Verda, recognize this fabric???
    Back to the grind stone today!!

Heather I LOVE your cake.... what a fantastic job!!!!
    Will look for my little Buzz today!! Love it!!!
    Now that you mention it, YES!! You are SOOOOO creative and talented!! I am jealous of you and Heathers talents:cry: !!! I'm just a COOK and a MACHINE!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • vhuber
    Options
    2/7 with 3 miles on the elliptical and I am going on the TM here in a minute cuz I ate sweets today and I do NOT want to gain!!! God this IS such a battle!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    0/7 so far... and Verda I am having issues with m&ms this week... OMG! 2 steps forward, 3 steps back!

Promise to get moving today.... some how some way... I will break a sweat, I have lost the mojo...sigh

Verda... you ARE The MACHINE!!!! and that is pretty awesome, I wish I had your dedication!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    1/7 today with 60 minutes of Zumba!!! SOOO glad that my class finally restarted! I know I looked ridiculous, but it was fun and I don't care. :)

And Verda--I am quite certain that you have many talents beyond being a machine--though you absolutely ARE a motivated, dedicated machine! :)
  • vhuber
    Options
    thanks ladies!:blushing:
    Heather I am sure you looked soooo cute and it's great you don't care!!!! WTG!
    3/7 was a 4 mile walk on the TM and 1 mile on the elliptical.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Heather. That was an awesome cake!
    Debra awesome seamstress.
    Verda I know you are an awesome cook!

1/7 2 segments of 10 min solutions and 12 min on treadmill. My almost 2 niece laughed like a hyena while I exercised. I'm glad I was so entertaining.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Heather. That was an awesome cake!
    Debra awesome seamstress.
    Verda I know you are an awesome cook!

1/7 2 segments of 10 min solutions and 12 min on treadmill. My almost 2 niece laughed like a hyena while I exercised. I'm glad I was so entertaining.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:!!!!!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    4/7 was a 1 mile walk and a 3 mile run!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    It's Thursday, almost to the weekend!!! Of course I'm on call, so have to work this weekend. Boo!!! :grumble:

Today was supposed to be a sleep-in day since I don't have early morning meetings. I had my alarm set for 6:40 and was excited to sleep in. Of course my body had other ideas, so I was awake before 5:00 and couldn't get back to sleep!!! I'm happy to report that I decided to get my butt out of bed after not being able to fall back asleep by 5:30 and get on the elliptical for 45 minutes, so that makes me 2/7 for the week. Tomorrow is an early day, so likely no workout, but will try to at least get some activity on Saturday.

Hope you guys have a great day!! :bigsmile:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Heather, all those flowers for you... way to get up and get it done... I am still in a crazy stall... no exercise all week and gosh, it's Thursday. I have had some heartburn this week and a sore throat, just not feeling it.... will try to get back into the motion!!

Ivy, you funny lady you..... :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: , setting a great example for your niece,
    exercise and laughter... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hey Verda!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: 3 mile run??? I love that you don't let your back hold you back!!!

Haven't forgot my Lil Buzz pictures... I need to scan them in... getting closer:laugh: :laugh:
  • vhuber
    Options
    I took a rest day! I got home and fell asleep in the recliner for an hour! Just plain tired!!! So I am still 4/7!

Way to get after it Heather!!!

Deb, sometimes we just NEED a break!!!!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    2/7 with 25 min of the firm. I did 10 min solutions everyday but I'm not counting as a full work out. It was a good get up and go.

Verda glad you are resting. How many calories do you burn in your work. It seems like it would burn a lot of calories with all the walking and standing. Do you guys to full meals like in the old days. I used to love the fresh rolls the lunch ladies prepared. Yummy, yummy. We had homemade food back them. Gosh I am old. LOL!

Deb I am the same way this week. It's hard to get the get up and go after having a sick bug.

Heather I am in awe you can do Zumba while pregnant.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Yes Ivy I cook most of their meals and bake buns 3 times per week!!! They say they are yummy!:wink:

I actually had 2 days off, Thursday I was tired and Friday I was sooo busy that the day just got away from me but today I ran 4 and walked 1/2 mile to earn my 5/7!

Have a lovely weekend friends!