Options
    That's so frikken awesome! congrats :)
  • Jessy0383
    Options
    OH WOW! WHAT AN INSPIRATION YOU ARE! :)
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on your success and keep it up!
  • NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    thx for sharing....I'm sitting at my desk (lunch hour), your story hit me. :heart:
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Thanks for sharing <3
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love this story. How did you loose the weight?

I started by simply cutting down the portions of what I was eating and I did the "couch to 5K". I tend to get bored with things easily and give up. So I've tried a lot of different exercise methods whether it's weights, running or plyometrics...I just keep trying things. Then I go back and put some of the things I tried back into my routine. The same goes with what I'm eating. If I'm going to do this forever, I have to be able to do it in a way that will last forever. I've read the Atkins books, I've counted points and now I'm counting calories. I'd done the calorie counting before but now it works because of the app that I have for my phone. I'm eating cleaner and applying things that I've read from all over the place to my life. I've decided there is no way I can follow one plan in particular so I'm going to have to do it my way. Unfortunately my way has a lot of bumps...fortunately it's a steady path in the right direction. :)
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    congratulations!!!

I <3 lululemon!
  • jbpretty
    Options
    I think I might try the debit card thing too because it is little extras and fast food that really get me! Congrats on your success, that is awesome! I'm happy for you! :)

EXACTLY!! And thanks. :)
  • jbpretty
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You've inspired me to do better than I have this last week. Thank goodness Christmas is over. I didn't think it was going to be that tough. I guess that was probably my downfall. Whew. ;)
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Such a motivating a great story! Thank you so much for sharing and congratulations to you!
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I hope you bought them :)
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    This is an awesome touching story!!!Thank-you so much for sharing with us :) Beautiful just beautiful, and a huge congratulations to you x
  • alexandralhunt
    Options
    THIS IS AMAZING!!! Now I'm no size 4... but I had a similar experience over the Christmas holiday. I wear a size 22. Been a size 22 for several years now... So I've begun to lose weight and my pants are getting loose. My step-mother asks me what size I am in... Jeez... I'm not sure, all I know is that my jeans are loose. She says she bets I'm in an 18. (YEAH RIGHT!!!) She proceeds to say that she has a pair of 18's that are too long for her and me, being the tall amazon goddess that I am, would probably fit them well. Of course I try them on to humor her and whattaya know... They zip. And button. And I can breathe. I'm smaller than I was before I had my son. I am in an 18. WOW. This is huge for me. I haven't worn a size 18 in probably 10 years. Anyway, thank you for your story. You made me relive this recent and amazing triumph for myself. You have also pushed me that much more and made me feel confident that I can reach my short term goal of a size 16 pant by St. Patty's day. THANK YOU!!!
  • chrisindy
    Options
    Me TOO! I want a story of my own as well!! Great job!
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you, lovely. I hope you're proud of yourself because this is amazing.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Fabulous story.
    Im going to do this but tape to my refridergator :)

Thank you for sharing
  • jbpretty
    Options
    THIS IS AMAZING!!! Now I'm no size 4... but I had a similar experience over the Christmas holiday. I wear a size 22. Been a size 22 for several years now... So I've begun to lose weight and my pants are getting loose. My step-mother asks me what size I am in... Jeez... I'm not sure, all I know is that my jeans are loose. She says she bets I'm in an 18. (YEAH RIGHT!!!) She proceeds to say that she has a pair of 18's that are too long for her and me, being the tall amazon goddess that I am, would probably fit them well. Of course I try them on to humor her and whattaya know... They zip. And button. And I can breathe. I'm smaller than I was before I had my son. I am in an 18. WOW. This is huge for me. I haven't worn a size 18 in probably 10 years. Anyway, thank you for your story. You made me relive this recent and amazing triumph for myself. You have also pushed me that much more and made me feel confident that I can reach my short term goal of a size 16 pant by St. Patty's day. THANK YOU!!!

You are a tall beautiful amazon goddess aren't you?! Honestly, I was crying reading this. I'm sure you will be in a 16 easily by ST. Patty's day. I'd love to be in a size 4 jeans by then. Thanks for sharing also.
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Eh, you made me cry too. Pass the kleenex, please.
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!!
  • pinkprincessmama
    pinkprincessmama Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What a faBulous story! So inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!