Weightloss and Your Significant Other (CAUTION: Could be PG1

1234568»

Replies

• hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    "OP gave us a brief snippet into her relationship and people felt that he was a jerk, that she was not in a good relationship, etc. Awfully fast to jump to a conclusion and OP is partially to blame because of the context in which she presented it. "

I didn't realize how I was making him out to be! No, he is lovely to me. Just cause he doesn't call me beautiful doesn't mean he is a jerk.

I think if he doesn't call you beautiful that's sad. 50 + pounds or 50- pounds doesn't make someone "ugly" maybe he/you finds your body better looking/sexier at a lower weight but he should still call you beautiful. My husband calls me beautiful when I look like crap in the morning, when I'm sick & when I'm all dressed up/madeup. If a man loves you, he should find you beautiful to matter what because he loves you. I'm not saying that if you gain 200 pounds he will look at you and think "damn shes smoking hot!" but your beauty/face is still the same, maybe a little chubbier or something. I don't know about you or your relationship but if my husband all the sudden stopped saying those little things I would be upset & it would hurt my motivation to stay healthy and care about my looks. But I'm not judging you or your relationship, nobody knows what your feeling or how he treats you, I'm just saying how I would feel. As long as your happy that's all that really matters. But reading that sentence just made me feel kinda sad.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    I've known my husband since we were 14, now were married & I'm 21 & he is 22. Our sex life has always been great. My highest weight was only 132 im 116 now, and he told me he doesn't notice any difference in my weight at all. I think he liked my boobs better when I was 132 lol. But I could never see him saying I'm gross or anything if I gained weight. He's not that kinda of person. He loved me when I was a dorky chubby 14 year old. He loves me now that I'm a "hot" stripper (his words) Love is more then looks anyway! I would love him no matter what ever happened appearance wise. I didn't marry him for his looks. I'll still feel the same when we are old and have loose skin and gray hair. I can't believe some people on here, its really sad.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Married: almost 24 years
    SW: 199
    CW: 166
    I think sex is better because I FEEL better about myself--hubby has always been crazy for my bod no matter what size it is! Plus, my STAMINA has improved considerably with exercise and weight loss...giggle, giggle:)