• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I used to do a lot of acid.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    i eat batteries.

thats why you keep going and going and going....Look your still running in that picture of you
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Yuck..heard this story on the radio this morning! I used to bartend, and we'd put an old penny into a glass of coke, and it would turn shiny and new looking in about 10-20 minutes. Scary!!

Hot sauce will do that to a penny also.
    To clean the battery acid build up on the terminals you can use coke.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Um yeah, it's acid. That was never a secret. It won't turn your insides into jelly-like substance, if that's what you're thinking.

It's still really gross to think about.

I no longer drink soda or carbondated beverages, but I do have to say that there is far more acid in the stomach, than in a soda.

The stomach is made up of hydrochloric acid.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    Is it recycled news time already???

It is certainly recycled for many, but there are many folks new to this journey...especially thist ime of year.

And while many people exercise their right to imbibe soda regularly, the point of the article is still valid. Soda is evil for the normal human body.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I really don't drink soda but i know my once and a while are done.. I saw this yesterday and the first thing that came to mind was "how many time has this happened for them to actually know it turns to a jelly like substance" NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm going to attempt to bathe in some Coke and see if it will dissolve my fat. I'll let you know.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You guys know there's a lot of acidity in other foods we eat too, right? Like tomatoes and vinegar? Well, maybe not vinegar, but I'm pretty sure it's acidic as well....

*sipping coke zero*

.... yeah, I'm bringing this full circle to the zero-calorie thread earlier ... I lied, and I do actually drink coke zero, even though it has no nutritional value and could probably clean my carburetor.
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Read a gross story this morn about Mt Dew.

...someone reported that they found a dead mouse in their can of Mt Dew. Pepsi disputed it saying "if a mouse was submerged in Mountain Dew between four and seven days, the rodent will have no calcium in its bones and bony structures." It would be "jelly like" The only part of the rodent that could survive, added McGill, was "a portion of the tail."

Definately made me think. YUCK!!
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options

This is why our brains are so shiny, ET! Like a penny in a cola :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Exactly. I can't believe we ever stopped.
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Apparently, Tom got the best of Jerry on this one!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That is scary. If only the digestive system had some way to protect itself against the mild acidic affects of soda pop...

You're correct that the stomach is normally a very acidic environment. However, your mouth isn't, and the acid is soda is terrible for your teeth. Furthermore, acids can be harmful if you start getting erosions, reflux, or ulcers. That's why so many people have to take antacids. Take home point: dumping extra acid into your stomach probably isn't a great idea.

EDIT: soda isn't "mildly acidic." The pH of coke is very low.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I hear if you eat alkaline batteries with your coke that they cancel each other out.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

ohhhhh shiny!!!! Wait what are we talking about?
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I agree that if you drink regular soda that you should stop...but mainly because it is a huge source of sugar and calories. If you read the article correctly, you'll see that they are claiming that the BOTTLING process would turn a mouse to "jelly"....not necessarily being in a bottle of soda itself.

Just sayin'.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Read a gross story this morn about Mt Dew.

...someone reported that they found a dead mouse in their can of Mt Dew. Pepsi disputed it saying "if a mouse was submerged in Mountain Dew between four and seven days, the rodent will have no calcium in its bones and bony structures." It would be "jelly like" The only part of the rodent that could survive, added McGill, was "a portion of the tail."

Definately made me think. YUCK!!

Yeah....that's what we're all talking about. The OP linked to that story.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I agree that if you drink regular soda that you should stop...but mainly because it is a huge source of sugar and calories. If you read the article correctly, you'll see that they are claiming that the BOTTLING process would turn a mouse to "jelly"....not necessarily being in a bottle of soda itself.

Just sayin'.

Super awesome first post, newb!