If you're still drinking soda....

Options

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    And here I thought the stomach had natural acids in it to digest food. Silly me. Someone pass the diet Dr. Pepper please. :drinker:

All I have is Dr. Pepper 10, sorry.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    And here I thought the stomach had natural acids in it to digest food. Silly me. Someone pass the diet Dr. Pepper please. :drinker:

All I have is Dr. Pepper 10, sorry.

Dr. Pepper 10 all the way. I've gone back and forth between drinking diet soda and not drinking it. Didn't feel any better during the times I didn't drink it, so I might as well continue. If diet soda is my worse crutch, then I'm doing pretty good. I dont do drugs, rarely drink alcohol, dont sleep around, dont commit crimes, etc. So I'll continue to drink my Dr. Pepper 10, and if it kills me, well, I have to die of something. :laugh:
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You guys know there's a lot of acidity in other foods we eat too, right? Like tomatoes and vinegar? Well, maybe not vinegar, but I'm pretty sure it's acidic as well....

*sipping coke zero*

.... yeah, I'm bringing this full circle to the zero-calorie thread earlier ... I lied, and I do actually drink coke zero, even though it has no nutritional value and could probably clean my carburetor.

It not as much about the acid in the soda as it is about the carbonation and other chemicals. While you are sipping your coke zero, calcium is being leached from your bones.

Scary!! That's why I switched to diet Dr. Pepper. Less leaching effect.
  • Horskrzy
    Horskrzy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    From my own personal experience, here's what I can report in regards to whether (diet) soda contributes to health issues like acid reflux. Up until I started seriously dieting, I ate what I wanted and would often suffer the consequences like being 57 pound overweight, heartburn, acid reflux, heavy snoring, etc.

Now that I have lost 28 of those unhealthy 57 pounds, 3" off my waist, 1" off my neck AND exercise, I can occasionally have the same foods in moderation (key point!) that would cause all of those issues and have been "symptom" free virtually from the start of this diet on 10/22/11.

I drink on average 6 cans of diet Pepsi a day, no coffee, no booze. So while I may be able to blame my "jelly" like belly on the acid in Pepsi, I think a lot of the "bad" reported on the internet could easily be debunked and fall under the "urban legend" category.

Pepsi Rules!

LOL!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Heavy metal imbued tap water FTW!!!
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    :huh: Just sharin an interesting story from a News Report...sorry to anger some soda drinkers. Naturally, the choice is yours!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    :huh: Just sharin an interesting story from a News Report...sorry to anger some soda drinkers. Naturally, the choice is yours!
    No anger here. Just cool, bubbly refreshment. :drinker:
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    No anger here. Just cool, bubbly refreshment. :drinker:

Thanks! LOL!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! It is really inspiring to alot of people that actually care about what they put into their bodies. :flowerforyou:
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    ...you may want to rethink what you're putting in your body. :sick:

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/257664

your natural stomach acid is much stronger.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! It is really inspiring to alot of people that actually care about what they put into their bodies. :flowerforyou:
    Yes, the rest of us are slowly killing ourselves. Woe is me! :indifferent:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I was never SUPER bad about sodas. I would get one here and there, every couple of days. I wanted to see how much difference they really made in how I feel, so I quit drinking them. After about 2 weeks, I wasnt bloated anymore, my energy levels actually went up, and I didnt feel so full of air. I have one every now and then, but it is like one a month maybe. I just dont care for them anymore. I know that I feel better, and anything that creates withdrawls for me, isnt something that I want to continue.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i'm somewhat skeptical of this.

1. OJ has a pH of 3.5 or below.

2. your stomach pH ranges from 1 to 3.5.

3. while i expect a mouse would eventually rot while submerged in mountain dew, i find it unlikely that the weak acids would be enough to dissolve all of the bones the way a strong acid would eventually.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,958 Member
    Options
    I like jelly-like substances........nomnom.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yes, the rest of us are slowly killing ourselves. Woe is me! :indifferent:
    Ha! Sorry, I think you have gotten confused about me caring who drinks pop or not with I care about what I put in my body! Also, I dont believe I suggested death either.....
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    *raises Diet Coke and SF Red Bull to Fae*

Can I have my redbull with Jager?
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Thanks! (hoping you were serious and not sarcastic!) ;-)

I agree that if you drink regular soda that you should stop...but mainly because it is a huge source of sugar and calories. If you read the article correctly, you'll see that they are claiming that the BOTTLING process would turn a mouse to "jelly"....not necessarily being in a bottle of soda itself.

Just sayin'.

Super awesome first post, newb!
  • robinhoward123
    robinhoward123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The only time I drink coke is when I have sinus trouble. He acid breaks down the mucus, and it really does help me
  • Losin_N_2018
    Losin_N_2018 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I went from regular coke to diet coke . . . I know no coke is better. Eventually I will be coke free.