Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    *Chases Diet Coke with a SF redbull*
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    You guys know there's a lot of acidity in other foods we eat too, right? Like tomatoes and vinegar? Well, maybe not vinegar, but I'm pretty sure it's acidic as well....

*sipping coke zero*

.... yeah, I'm bringing this full circle to the zero-calorie thread earlier ... I lied, and I do actually drink coke zero, even though it has no nutritional value and could probably clean my carburetor.

It not as much about the acid in the soda as it is about the carbonation and other chemicals. While you are sipping your coke zero, calcium is being leached from your bones.

Everyone comes on these threads and makes their sarcastic comments about "while I am sipping my ________". How can you say you care about your health when your putting things into your body that is very detrimental??
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    *raises Diet Coke and SF Red Bull to Fae*
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    ^Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giggle
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    How can you say you care about your health when your putting things into your body that is very detrimental??
    Quite easily, actually. Cheers! :drinker:
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I raise my Diet Coke to you! :drinker:

:drinker:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I still like soda..and in case a mouse climbs down my throat while I am sleeping his *kitten* is toast..

Lol.. I still drink Dr Pepper (not diet) but not everyday...used to be all day everyday. Lifestyle change.*sigh*
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would he have given this 'evidence' to PepsiCo, if this did indeed take place. I'm not saying I do or do not believe the story because either story sounds feasible, but remember years ago when that lady claimed she found a finger in her wendy's chili and it turned out she had done it? Yeah. I need more evidence on this. And hasn't anyone seen what soda does to a tooth after you stick it in there for a month or so? In my elementary school I had teachers who told us to take one of our lost teeth, place it into a soda for a month and take it out to see how decayed it would get. It's no surprise that soda isn't the best coice in the world.
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Colas contain phosphoric acid.

It will dissolve corrosion on your car battery.

I work for a dentist and we have put extracted teeth into a container with Coke. It completely dissolved the teeth.

Like everything else in the world, use it in moderation and you will be just fine. Obviously if you live on a steady diet of Coke it is going to be detrimental to your health. Same thing goes for many food items that are "healthy"
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good for you if you quit drinking pop! It can only be beneficial no matter how we look at it!
  • Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I gave up on soda when I was doing a cleanse. I had the 3 days of caffeine withdraws and have moved on from there. Whatever is or isn't in it, it doesn't ever really satisfy my thirst and I was drinking up to a 6 pack of coke zero a day. I now drink 99% water with a little bit of green tea thrown in for variety. To each his own though, I don't preach to others how to live their lives.
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    I'm going to attempt to bathe in some Coke and see if it will dissolve my fat. I'll let you know.

I don't know about dissolving fat, but you might want to protect your toenails! LOL
  • jabberwockgee
    jabberwockgee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i eat batteries.

thats why you keep going and going and going....Look your still running in that picture of you

Oooh, I want your lb. lost picture... (the pic from Japan)
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    How can you say you care about your health when your putting things into your body that is very detrimental??

By that logic I could say "Hey, your profile picture is a cake. How can you say you care about your health when you're [note the spelling byw] putting things into your body that that are very detrimental?"
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

By that logic I could say "Hey, your profile picture is a cake. How can you say you care about your health when you're [note the spelling byw] putting things into your body that that are very detrimental?"

I didn't put that in my body. I made it for a potluck for work. I did not eat a crumb of it. I will bake what others want outside of my household because they are of no concern to me.

I posted the picture because of the christmas and winter season and no other reason.

And at least I can say that I cared enough about those sugar eaters that did eat the cake to make everything from scratch.

I care about my health and well being. I RARELY eat anything that is processed. I shop and eat what is local and in season and purchase my meat, eggs and dairy from local farmers where the animals are humanely raised (left to be free to roam and grass fed) and slaughtered humanely.

I gave up soda, even diet and natural sodas for good in 2010 and I think I have had one since then and it tasted absolutely awful, I found I wasn't missing a thing.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

I didn't put that in my body. I made it for a potluck for work. I did not eat a crumb of it. I will bake what others want outside of my household because they are of no concern to me.

I posted the picture because of the christmas and winter season and no other reason.

And at least I can say that I cared enough about those sugar eaters that did eat the cake to make everything from scratch.

I care about my health and well being. I RARELY eat anything that is processed. I shop and eat what is local and in season and purchase my meat, eggs and dairy from local farmers where the animals are humanely raised (left to be free to roam and grass fed) and slaughtered humanely.

I gave up soda, even diet and natural sodas for good in 2010 and I think I have had one since then and it tasted absolutely awful, I found I wasn't missing a thing.
    Wow. Good for you! I raise my can of Diet Dr. Pepper to you! :drinker:
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    And here I thought the stomach had natural acids in it to digest food. Silly me. Someone pass the diet Dr. Pepper please. :drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be perfect ...
  • hadapurpura
    Options
    I'm trying really hard to limit my Coke intake, though it's difficult. having said that, I'm more worried about a rat in the soda can than the acidity of it. I drink lemon juice, milk, citrics, etc...