Not Getting Hit on at the Gym

Options
tkn11
tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
Ok, so I've seen a LOT of girls on here complain about getting hit on at the gym and how annoying it is. They say gross sweaty guys come up and say stuff to them and all that, and no doubt that would be annoying.

But, am I the only one that doesn't get hit on at the gym? I've had a random person come up once or twice and say something to me....but that's like once or twice ever in my life. People stare, and that's definitely annoying, and I'd be peeved if someone interrupted my workout to hit on me too, so I'm not complaining, I guess I just don't have this problem! No one talks to me haha.

Anyway, thought it was wierd, seems to happen to everyone else!

Replies

• Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I dont' get hit on ever. So don't feel bad! :)
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    Nope, never. People stare, which is kind of creepy, especially when it's an old sweaty man, but I've never been confronted or anything like that.

and if someone came up to me and gave me a compliment while im all hot and sweaty, then i would take it as a compliment.
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    I've never been hit on at the gym either :sad:
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're too intimidating....seriously! There's no reason someone wouldn't find you attractive. Don't worry about it. :flowerforyou:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You're not showing enough skin
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've never been hit on at the gym either :sad:

We can change that....where do you work out???? :wink:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Happens to me ALL THE TIME. The price I pay for being inspiring.
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    To clarify -

I'm not worried about not getting hit on at all! LOL

I just saw repeated posts about it today and I was like hmm does this really happen to everyone? ha
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I've been hit on at the gym once.

By a woman.

lol

Whatevs ;)
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Haha... Ohh, it happens all the time!
    Not really...

Who am I kidding? It has never happened...
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I dont' get hit on ever. So don't feel bad! :)

i can't believe this is true. you are so beautiful!
  • carrie_eggo
    Options
    Happens to me ALL THE TIME. The price I pay for being inspiring.

OMG your pic! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I've not been hit on at the gym, either. Unless you count the older lady who put on goggles & ducked under when it was just the 2 of us in the hot tub. Not one of my favorite gym moments.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It happened to me once many years ago, but he was actually very subtle about it and not gross. We ended up being kind of gym buddies, but nothing more.

Hasn't happened in a long time, though. I am not at my most attractive in the gym. :-)

I did get hit on at a bar Friday night, though.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've not been hit on at the gym, either. Unless you count the older lady who put on goggles & ducked under when it was just the 2 of us in the hot tub. Not one of my favorite gym moments.

Very Creepy!
  • carrie_eggo
    Options

Hmmm.....yeah. I would totally count that. High five!
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on at the gym, either. Yesterday a guy I had gone out on one date with came up to chat (after I had explicitly informed him I wasn't interested and had ignored his calls/texts for a month). Other than that, when I'm working out, nobody bothers me.

I don't mind it, though. I don't like to be bothered if I'm working out.

Staring doesn't bother me, either. Because I know that if I see an attractive guy lifting weights I'll check him out- so I'm not offended if guys check me out.
  • Jeffri210
    Options
    Me neither! And don't mind haha
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't, either. But having seen what I look like when I'm running, both in photos and unfortunate glances in the mirror while on a treadmill... I don't blame 'em!

I don't have the eye of the tiger. I have the eye of the honey badger.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    sooooo you come here often? lol