Not Getting Hit on at the Gym

Options

Replies

• 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Ok, so I've seen a LOT of girls on here complain about getting hit on at the gym and how annoying it is. They say gross sweaty guys come up and say stuff to them and all that, and no doubt that would be annoying.

But, am I the only one that doesn't get hit on at the gym? I've had a random person come up once or twice and say something to me....but that's like once or twice ever in my life. People stare, and that's definitely annoying, and I'd be peeved if someone interrupted my workout to hit on me too, so I'm not complaining, I guess I just don't have this problem! No one talks to me haha.

Anyway, thought it was wierd, seems to happen to everyone else!

maybe because some guys think they may have no shot with you or because they figure you have to be already taken..

or you have that f off look going..lol
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    when I used to go to the gym,nobody even new I was there
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Some tips:

- Wear less clothing
    - Sweat more seductively
    - More groaning

Great advise...and bend over more. And not at the knees...bend at the hips!!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Some tips:

- Wear less clothing
    - Sweat more seductively
    - More groaning
    Dammit that's where I'm going "wrong" :bigsmile:
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    seriously? seductive sweating?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    seriously? seductive sweating?
    Biting your lip helps too.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I suspect most girls think they're being hit on at the gym when really the guy's asking her if she'll be done with the machine soon or something similar.
  • kathvg
    kathvg Posts: 68
    Options
    i have NEVER been hit on at a gym and i have been a member at numerous gyms at different ages/weight points in my life...from 22 and being maybe 118 lbs to most recently at 39/40 and weighing around 160.
    not sure what that says about me (ie my looks) but doesn't bother me in the least since when i am at the gym i tend to "zone out".
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've never been hit on at the gym either :sad:
    Your awesomeness has overwhelmed those considering making a move.
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just once, unfortunately it was a way older man and he kept staring. Then he said, do you ever go in the hot tub. I said no then he said want to come with me. Gross. Never went back at that time in the morning anymore. Lmao.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    When I went to the gym I've never been hit on either but I've had a lot of guys interupt my workout and ask for advice. I don't mind giving out some Bro science but, not in the middle of a set c'mon man.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    When I worked out at our local gym a guy would come in and talk with me - used to annoy the heck out of me - I'd put my headphones on and he'd keep talking and never got the picture. Asked me lots of questions and I'd give one word answers - if he was trying to make friends, that would have been fine..but he gave me the creeps by the way he looked at me. All it took to get rid of him was for me to spend about a minute of me saying "my husband says that/my husband is going to" etc...he found someone else to creep out after that!
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Some tips:

- Wear less clothing
    - Sweat more seductively
    - More groaning

Thank God, I got this just in time, I am on my way out to the gym now. I will let you know how it goes.

Too funny. lmao
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I've seen a LOT of girls on here complain about getting hit on at the gym and how annoying it is. They say gross sweaty guys come up and say stuff to them and all that, and no doubt that would be annoying.

But, am I the only one that doesn't get hit on at the gym? I've had a random person come up once or twice and say something to me....but that's like once or twice ever in my life. People stare, and that's definitely annoying, and I'd be peeved if someone interrupted my workout to hit on me too, so I'm not complaining, I guess I just don't have this problem! No one talks to me haha.

Anyway, thought it was wierd, seems to happen to everyone else!

Are you kidding me? You look too good not to be hit on. But I'd consider it a blessing though given your great looks
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Why would you go to the gym for any other reason to be hit on? That is just so weird.
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I can't say I haven't. I even think he may be a stalker now!! lol After he was very persistent, I agreed to have dinner w/ him but it never happened. But I can't seem to escape him because I think he LIVES at the gym!!!! He's very attractive and keeps trying but I don't think it's a good idea anymore. :ohwell:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    My car gets hit on at the gym more than me. In the form of door dings.
  • Gruntfish
    Options
    As a sweaty old guy i can assure you we are not staring... we're trying to remember where we are and what the @$%# just happened...
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    As a sweaty old guy i can assure you we are not staring... we're trying to remember where we are and what the @$%# just happened...

i love the MFP new guy!
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about people starting, i watch people even dudes (no homo) lift, mostly gawking at poor form, but I'll also watch any lift 3plate or more.