Not Getting Hit on at the Gym

Options

Replies

• tawnydale
    Options
    Hilarious! I'm way too intimidating, learned to be that way after the first 2 weeks, some guys can be creepy. Lately, I'm more concerned about my 13 year daughter in the gym. She is never 2 feet away from me and sometimes I just want to walk up to guys and say "DUDE, she's 13! WTF?"...actually I have a couple times....:/
  • ajmaccar
    ajmaccar Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if the guy was hitting on me, or just being overly friendly, but he interrupted my workout to ask me about the particularly spectacular bite bruise I had on my shoulder. After I explained how I had gotten said bruise (from a "friend" ;-) ), he shuffled off, then came back and attempted to apologize for being nosy. Strangely enough, he never bothered me after that.
  • Sweetpea3963
    Sweetpea3963 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your definition of "old" is, but you are not even close! And no, I am NOT hitting on you. Lol
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    wow. that is just weird. makes me kinda glad there aren't hot tubs in the gym i go to. thank god for small favors :smile:
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I've never been hit on at the gym either, thank God its not just me lol
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    I've never gotten hit on either.
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    I don't, either. But having seen what I look like when I'm running, both in photos and unfortunate glances in the mirror while on a treadmill... I don't blame 'em!

I am the same, and I have checked out the guys at my gym and there really is nobody I would want to approach me when I go.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    <~~~This chick has not got hit on in a gym. It was in the gym changing room.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Some tips:

- Wear less clothing
    - Sweat more seductively
    - More groaning
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I over heard some guy telling his friend he wanted to hit on me...but it never happened...the next day I forgot to take my engagement ring off while I was on the elyptical (and it's amazing if I do say so myself), haven't seen him since.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Never gotten hit on at the gym but I like to go when there is no one there. I can see my apartments gym from my back porch so I wait until there is no one there and then go work out lol I get self conscious and distracted if other people are there.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I've never been hit on at the gym either :sad:

What gym? I'll go there just to hit on u and be the creepy girl..lol. :flowerforyou:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    People trying to turn the gym into a singles joint are just desperate.
    My first impression is always "what's wrong with this lady"?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Some tips:

- Wear less clothing
    - Sweat more seductively
    - More groaning

Thank God, I got this just in time, I am on my way out to the gym now. I will let you know how it goes.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    ive gotten hit.. because of the sweaty white tees and the manboobs behind them.. which was my fault..
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have never been hit on in all the years I have been going to any gym, whether big or small gym.
    Kinda depressing now that I think about it =(
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    I don't understand it either. You're very attractive. ; )
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Never been hit on at the gym - ever. But then, I'm old. :ohwell:

What? r u serious? ur georgous and age should not matter! :flowerforyou:
  • tljxx
    tljxx Posts: 1
    Options
    NEVER been hit on at the gym because all the other girls go there who are in shape and im just starting out. those girls who do get hit on make me so jealous too! thier so skinny and in shape and i hope i can get thier one day!
  • sjadams01
    Options
    It doesn't happen to me either, but that may be because my body pump instructor (a catholic school mom), decided that because my name was Mary, she would call me "sister". So now people think a I am body pumping nun. Not great for my love life, but kind of amusing. :ohwell:

AWWW!