Not Getting Hit on at the Gym

Options

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    seriously? seductive sweating?
    Biting your lip helps too.

and don't forget to cool yourself down by pouring your water bottle all over your white t shirt
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I love the name. if taken literally, its offensive to both my ears and my nose .. . . or is it.
  • Gruntfish
    Options
    I love the name. if taken literally, its offensive to both my ears and my nose .. . . or is it.

Fat sweaty old guy seemed too much to the point...
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    seriously? seductive sweating?
    Biting your lip helps too.

and don't forget to cool yourself down by pouring your water bottle all over your white t shirt

LMAO. That's some funny *kitten* that I've got to try.
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    ROFL - probably something that would happen to me!
  • BifConif
    Options
    I've never been hit on....but I suppose this is more a problem for women then men.

In my perspective, I would never approach a woman at the Gym...irrelevant of how attractive they are. I consider the gym like a second job and I am there to work so I can attain my goals. You just have to respect everyones space.
  • osuzorba
    osuzorba Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law gets all dolled up, full make-up, hair, everything to go to the gym, in hopes she'll find her future husband.

I do think some girls take everything as hitting on/staring. The other day I could tell a women thought I was checking her out, when I was actually just waiting to use the back extension bench she was on, it was the last exercise I needed to do and the gym only has one. I was thinking about asking to work in with her, but I figured she would think I was hitting on her. Also when I am doing cardio I kind of stare at anything going on in front of me, because I am bored.
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on there. If I did I would feel bad for them. I never look worse. RED, Stinkay, and jiggly. I'm cool with being ignored!!! lol.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't, either. But having seen what I look like when I'm running, both in photos and unfortunate glances in the mirror while on a treadmill... I don't blame 'em!

I don't have the eye of the tiger. I have the eye of the honey badger.

Nasty Honey Badger, dont' give a s**t! :laugh:
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I never get hit on at the gym, bar, anywhere... thankfully I have a boyfriend so it's not an issue, it would have been nice once though.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I was hit on in the Gym once... the freaking dumbell fell on my foot.... worst hit ever!
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I havent experienced being hit on either at the gym. When I am on a machine, sometimes I look at guys working to give me motivation to keep it going especially when I feel the burn. Gives me the motivation to keep going. But I definitely dont gawk!
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I shamelessly hit on my husband while we're lifting together. Does that count?

I also picked him up at the gym. Left my number on his sports car on a bet and wondered if I'd have to change my gym schedule when he didn't call.
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Ha... me either, never. I don't think there is much flirting going on at my gym. People are super serious, keep their heads down. Kind of strange really, I want to look at everyone... can't help myself! Oh God... I bet I am the creepy girl at the gym! LOL
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I suspect most girls think they're being hit on at the gym when really the guy's asking her if she'll be done with the machine soon or something similar.

This was my thought exactly. Sound like a case of the "look at me, look at me, somebody glanced my direction!!"

Not to say that there can't be creepy people at the gym who hit on other people - just that my first thought when someone "complains" about being hit on, is that they want attention for being hit on.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Ha... me either, never. I don't think there is much flirting going on at my gym. People are super serious, keep their heads down. Kind of strange really, I want to look at everyone... can't help myself! Oh God... I bet I am the creepy girl at the gym! LOL

I would totally hit on you in a totally platonic, none creepy fashion. I guess that reduces the "hitting" to a wave of some sort.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Some of these answers are hilarious! Never been hit on at the gym, but my gym is pretty corporate, not remotely attractive to the single scene.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Nope, I never got hit on in the gym back when I went either, and I was younger and prettier then. I did used to go midday, though, when it was mostly full of pregnant women.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that when I am working out.... or done, rather, it is when I look my friendliest, most approachable and lesss intimidating. It is when I am looking like a wet cat that I get hit on the most. (shrug)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I hit on myself in the mirror all the time.