Who is 5'1-5'2

Options

Replies

• spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 ft 8... currently 45.1kg... aiming for 42kg I think... Is hard work when you're small I reckon, and don't have much to lose... it's always those last little few that seem to want to HOLD ON when you just want them to GO AWAY!!!! :/
  • crazy_legs
    Options
    im a male 5'2. i was 195 pounds and now im down to 110. i'm ok with 110 pounds but i still have a gut. i think if i get to 100 it might go but don't seem to be working :mad: .mfp says i need 1520 cals to lose a pound a week and my weekly avg. is 1000 cal for the past 2 months. i eat every 3 hours and exercise everyday rotating between cardio and strength. if i hit 100 i'll be under weight but this flaby stomach is here to stay i think:angry:
  • denise007
    denise007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5'2'' and currently 115 heaviest weight (after second child) 140 - would like to get down to 110 - eat 1200 net.

For this year I've set myself a challenge for the month - no alcohol no white bread or processed sugar or artifical additives. We'll see how I get on after this month.

Denise
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm 5'1 - 5'2 and currently 121. Highest recorded weight was 138. Goal is 110.

1200 calories a day without eating back exercise calories. (Usually go to about 1400)

I've noticed lately though that I *may* becoming skinny fat so after my next weigh in (and when gym classes start getting regular again) i'm going to start eating back my exercise calories.

The problem I usually have with eating them back is I have a tendency to eat junk whereas I should be just upping my portion size of lunch/dinner etc.
  • killerkat89
    killerkat89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. My first goal is to break 150, right now i am hovering around 160. I would like to end around 130ish!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    im a male 5'2. i was 195 pounds and now im down to 110. i'm ok with 110 pounds but i still have a gut. i think if i get to 100 it might go but don't seem to be working :mad: .mfp says i need 1520 cals to lose a pound a week and my weekly avg. is 1000 cal for the past 2 months. i eat every 3 hours and exercise everyday rotating between cardio and strength. if i hit 100 i'll be under weight but this flaby stomach is here to stay i think:angry:

Hey mate, Have you tried strength training, I would highly recommend building some muscle, I am only a smidge taller than you 5'3 and I am currently at around 139 lbs yet I am at a fairly low body fat%. It sounds like you need to start building some muscle, it will help :D
  • Ladyloraella
    Ladyloraella Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft1 and I've got 1200 cals a day. I'm 195 so really big. I want to get down to 126. That's when I felt most comfortable as I like being a bit curvier as I'm hourglass. My boyfriend prefers me curvier too (which is refreshing!)
  • WalkWoman
    WalkWoman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1 and 156lbs. HEAVIEST EVER. My GW is 125lbs which I haven't been for years but I am 50 in October and absolutely determined to get to target by then and stay there for ever. I'm on 1400 at the moment as I have tried 1200 average in past but lost incredibly slowly then stopped losing. Im doing 1400 now to give room for lowering when stuck. I also exercised like a demon but I think my body adjusted to low cal intake and high exercise output and decided to cling on to the cals. I'm also drinking much more water (although constant loo trips are annoying (50 year old bladder + kids). I hate having to wear big square clothes to cover everything up. When you are small and have to buy larger clothes sizes everything goes out of proportion (trousers and sleeves too long etc). I am so determined this time and feel mentally better just for trying.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • Sorry for some of the drama caused here.

I agree with the post on everyone being different.

I think what is most important is finding a balance that works for you a healthy,happy balance :)

Things I have learned so far (please keep posting what has worked for you and your goals to ENCOURAGE others-this post was not made to prove or put anyone down let's keep it positive : ) )

*when i first started out i was drinking a lot of juice :apple, orange, ect. even when these were low sugar i feel as though you can get the vitamin C from vitamins or fruits just the same. i don't drink much juice anymore
    *i only eat old fashioned oats--no instant oatmeal for me :)
    *for carbs i have seen success cutting bread out of my diet besides Ezekiel or whole wheat and sticking more to sweet potatoes and vegetables for carbs
    *drinking water is so crucial
    *i feel hungrier when i drink diet soda or chew a lot of sugar free gum, although i haven't been able to give them up completely yet
    *i never see the same results when i eat out at restaurants however i think sometimes cheat meals are totally acceptable/normal for balance
    *without a rest or lower impact day i feel tired and my body cannot function at it's best
    *weight training>cardio but to lean out and feel my best i do need some cardio
    *i feel happier when i look healthy then when the scale reads a number i like and i feel at balance and am giving my workouts my all.

feel free to respond, add, keep posting :)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    5'2, reached my goal weight last year and maintaining around 106-107.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". My weight goal is 125. Since I have hypoglycemia and a low metabolic rate I rarely eat sweets. Frankly I love them but they make me feel bad. I eat some meat but it is not a big part of my diet.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    5'1" here, my goal is 130. that is the higher end of the "healthy range" but it sounds pretty good to me. I got down to 130 before, but i was not toned or strong, as it was through a change in eating habits alone and not exercise. This time around, i am doing things alot differently with a good mix of cardio and strength training. I will of course re-assess when i get to goal, but my overall goal isnt exactly a certain weight. I would be fine with 115-145, whatever a healthy weight for me, with lean toned muscle turns out to be!

I am 31, turning 32 in March.
  • gwennypink
    Options
    I'm 5'1, 26yo and my goal weight is 125. Right now I'm at 137 and my calories are set at 1250 a day, but currently I am doing the 30DS challenge every day so I'm eating closer to 1400 now. I go to zumba about twice a week in addition to the 30DS so those days I eat around 1500-1600. I weighed between 110-115 back in high school but I realize that I no longer have the body of a teenager, I've gotten back down to 125 before in my adult life and it seems to work as a healthy weight for me.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    42 year old female
    5'2" 140 pounds currently, started at 160 3 years ago
    Have set goal to 120, will reassess at 125

Since i tend to gain good muscle, I want to be fit and healthy, I want to have lots of energy

And oh yes, I surely want to rock it in a bikini
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" currently 128 (3lbs up from normal bc of holidays :embarassed: ) and my goal weight is whatever it might be at 18-20%BF! 3-5% more to go at this point. My HW was 171. I usually eat between 1700-2000+ calories a day. I net around 1500-1600 usually, but I'm trying to eat closer to maintenance when I lift weights. You have to feed those sexy muscles! Pick heavy things up and move them! RAWR!
  • megmlittle
    megmlittle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I don't know about yall but I think its harder for shorter people to lose! Hey, I may just be trying to find an excuse but I need some shortie supporters!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and weight now 118, I did weight 227.
    I ate between 799 and 1000 calories to loose the 100
    pounds. I am trying now to maintain, I am eating 1100 calories
    I dropped another 9 pounds during this process. I can not believe it
    but it is much harder to maintain than loose.
    At this point I want to increase my protein levels without
    adding weight. I like being at 118 now that I got here!
    It is a learning process and fun!
    Good progress on your journey
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" & at 129. My goal is between 115 -120. I desperately need to work on losing the fat in my abdomen and gain muscle there and not worry about numbers in weight though. My goal is to net between 1250 & 1400 (I just started out). The requirments on this website are lower calories and protein (which I'm having a hard time with) but we'll see how it works if I stick to it. I'm trying to eat more fruits and vegetables. I have a horrible sweet tooth. However when I was using SP this summer I noticed that after about two weeks of eating healthier the cravings start to diminish.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I am 5'2 and weight now 118, I did weight 227.
    I ate between 799 and 1000 calories to loose the 100
    pounds. I am trying now to maintain, I am eating 1100 calories
    I dropped another 9 pounds during this process. I can not believe it
    but it is much harder to maintain than loose.
    At this point I want to increase my protein levels without
    adding weight. I like being at 118 now that I got here!
    It is a learning process and fun!
    Good progress on your journey

1100 calories is nowhere close to maintenance. are you menstruating. i'd think with that kind of itnake you'd have done some SERIOUS hormonal damage.