Who is 5'1-5'2

Options

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I am trying now to maintain, I am eating 1100 calories
    I dropped another 9 pounds during this process. I can not believe it
    but it is much harder to maintain than loose.

1. you lost 9 pounds while trying to maintain because 1100 calories is NOT MAINTENANCE. For ANYONE... (unless you are maybe 4'8", 90 pounds and bedridden.) Try more like 1600 to start. Give it a MONTH before deciding if it works or not, then adjust as necessary a LITTLE at a time in either direction.

2. It is lose, not loose.
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", my starting weight was 243 (after gaining 80lbs in a year a FINALLY being diagnosed with Hypothyroidism). Since October of 2010 I've lost almost 60 lbs -- it's been a slow process, but it mostly involved eating prepackaged, frozen meals.

I recently started clean eating. I only eat natural, whole foods. I eat 1200 calories a day, I have a minimum of 2L of water a day, and I am doing a bare minimum of 30 minutes of INTENSE cardio 5 days a week. My goal is to wear a size 6/8 jeans, regardless of my weight on the scale.
  • leenites
    leenites Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and weigh 110lbs-112lbs (give and take depending on water weight and time of the day).

I ate about NET 1200 a day for the past 3 months or so with 6 days of INSANITY.

I am changing my regime now.
    I am eating about NET 1400 a day with 3 days INSANITY and 3 days WeightLifting.

Yay for eating more. I will try net 1500 next week since I do not see the scale moves higher. My waist remains same too. So it should be fine to eat more and add higher intensity of weight training.

Eating at NET 1200 is no fun. 1400 is better.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hey 5' 1" over here (shorter-ish girls of the world, unite?!)!

I'm currently 57.1kg (~126lb).
    Am looking to lose 10kg (~22lb) of fat BUT build up some muscle &my target weight is 51-52kg (~114lb), all by the time I'm 25- which isn't until the second half of the year.

I'm pretty new to this whole calorie counting thing so I kind of aim to eat 1200cal a day (recommended). If I exercise, I'll eat a bit more and try to balance out the exercise I've done. Like, if I burn 200cals, I'll try to eat around 1400cals a day. Figure it makes sense (any ideas?) since I want to lose the weight gradually, to avoid having loose skin etc.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    New here, figure I may as well jump straight on in.

I'm 5ft 1.8in, I currently weigh 162.2lbs and was 174lbs at my highest. Got down to 155lbs but had a glitch towards the middle/end of last year, put some back, spent ages trying to work out what I could modify to lose it again and then worked out my solution just before Christmas - oops!

My goal weight is 120lbs but I'm not committed to that - if I get myself to a healthy weight and decide I look great without getting down to 120lbs, I'll stop early.

I'm on 1300 calories a day, just portion-checking and making healthy choices wherever possible. Don't deny myself the occasional treat but always do my best to avoid them. Still, if a treat meal is within my calorie limit I'll allow it once in a while, and I do let myself have crisps on a Saturday and Sunday as part of my lunch. They encourage me to eat soup, because I get the crisps after - better that than indulging elsewhere!
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently 146lbs :( this 3rd pregnancy was rough on my body. I usually weigh around 120lbs which is perfect for my build, much less and i look weird (i have big boobs and bum)

I am eating around 1500 calories and burning around 2600 (i try to have a 1000 calorie daily deficit)
    I lost 20 lbs last year while doing this method but sadly gained it all back because i stopped working out due to kidney problems
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I wanna join this "little" group! I'm 5'1" and currently 144#. My goal is to hit 130. It's not much I know but, great holy french fries, is it hard to get rid of this last part. I lost quite a bit of weight last summer. Weight I have never lost before. Now this is the REAL challenge: the last 10-15 pounds. UGH! The last time I lost weight I was in an awesome group. Let's keep it up!

My diet consists of portion control, smart eating, PURE WILL POWER and the occasional Skinny Cow candies... mmmmm...

~isabelle
  • cmevans22
    cmevans22 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm smack dab in the middle at 5'1 ½...SW 177 last Tuesday, today's weigh in was 175. My goal is to get down to 150 by my September wedding. Idealing I would like to be down to about 130-135 but knowing what I looked like at 150, I'll definitely settle for now. I have a short term goal of losing 12lbs by 2/18, my dress consultation.
  • zoronqueen
    zoronqueen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I don't know about losing 25 lbs in less than 2 months. It seems kinda drastic. Even with a modest 1-2lb per week that is only 8lbs by Feb which is more realistic. Unless you don't have to work and can just eat/sleep and exercise from now till Feb, It's almost impossible.....

I have a pretty high metabolism, weigh about 142lbs and I have to work out 6 days a week eating about 2700 cal per day to lose that 1-2 lb per week, plus eating clean. Overall though my goal is to lose inches. I can be at about 135lbs and at a sz 7 which I think is not bad for me. I'm 5' 2"
  • blessedmom1102
    blessedmom1102 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'1" and currently 202, I am set at 1200 net calories. My goal weight is 130, I've never been at a "normal" weight, but I believe this is my year. I'd love to hear any tips you would like to give. Also feel free to add me.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'1" and currently 202, I am set at 1200 net calories. My goal weight is 130, I've never been at a "normal" weight, but I believe this is my year. I'd love to hear any tips you would like to give. Also feel free to add me.

My favorite easy things (well, not so easy) to do to lose weight is PORTION CONTROL! Food for fuel. Snacks are my bane, so I make sure I have apples to slice and Stacy's pita chips around for a quick nosh.

I also hate drinking water almost more than I hate spiders and pepper, but when I was drowning myself in water, I saw myself slim down QUICK! My love for salt is always a constant battle.

I hope this helps at all. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want help or motivation! :)

~isabelle
  • xprincessxjanetx
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I eat between 1200-1400 a day because I exercise so sometimes will eat back calories and sometimes I won't. I weight 170lbs at the moment and my ultimate goal is 118lbs so I have a way to go. I don't eliminate anything other than takeaways and fizzy drinks (due to metabolism). I allow myself 1 chocolate per day but that's it and it's always under 300 calories.
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    im 5'1 & my goal is to stay between 105-110lbs. i feel best here. i also eat clean as much as i can. i feel i get the best results this way. i try not to eat any processed foods. so as close to its natural state as possible. as for like sweeteners and stuff. i use stevia and truvia, honey,,,molasses or pure maple syrup. i also have some agave but dont use it often. there are clean eating blogs if you search the internet. also clean eating magazine. i just order the clean eating diet cookbook so i could get some more ideas even if i have to tweak some to my liking. you can add me if youd like

i also eat around 1550 calories to maintain...if i exercise i could be eating anywhere from 1800 to 2000 depending on the exercise.
    my goals are set at 40carbs 30protein 30fat
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    I'm 5'1

current weight 120, goal weight 110. I feel like my body refuses to go under 120. I have basically cut out all sugar (except fruit) and most breads. Main foods I eat are yogurt, peanut butter, sweet potatoes, chicken & fish, salads, sometimes ezekial breads. I've been doing 1200 cals/day for about 3 weeks.

:)

Similar problem here. I'm 5'2" and have been stuck at 116 lbs for a while. I'd love to get down to 110 at least. I'm at 1200 cals/day and I eat pretty well, but I think I need to exercise more in order to make progress.

you might need to increase your calories and switch up your workouts to shock your body
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am 5"' 2"...sw weight at 214.6 CW is 157.2. goal is 140 and UGW is 135. Im also a runner.

fish, chicken, oats, fruits, veggies
    I also made room for fat free cool whip, l wheat thins and pringles, and the occassional slice of pizza :)

Its a lifestyle change..not a diet :)
  • roxyjomar
    Options
    I'm 5'2". My goal is 115-120. I usually weigh 120-125, but now am at 134. I broke my ankle a few months ago and couldn't exercise much & my diet choices were poor too. In the past it has been very hard for me to get under 120 and even harder to maintain it.
  • time2bhealthy
    time2bhealthy Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am 5 1 1/2. I currently weigh 131 pounds. I started on MFP in September at 142. My goal is 125, but I don't know if I can get there! I am interested in learning more about eating "clean". Anyone in the same boat....please feel free to friend me!
  • eilis12
    eilis12 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently weigh 118 lbs. UGW might be 105-110 but right now I'm aiming to 112, so just to see how I feel there.
    I started here at 130, and skinny fat. I eat everything, but try (keyword TRY) to eat as healthy as I can. Some days suck, some days don't. But at least is way better than when I ate absolutely anything anytime anywhere.
  • AthennasMommy
    AthennasMommy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 . My goal weight for now is 135lbs . My heaviest weight was 180.9lbs ! but now Im down -27lbs . Im currently 152.8lbs .
  • sarasashas
    sarasashas Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 and I'm was at my heaviest a couple of weeks ago at 124 which came as a bit of a shock. Aiming to get back to 110, but a more toned and fit version. I put on 17lbs in

My calorie intake is 1200, I'm not mega strict (currently munching oreos with my tea) as I've never been on a diet before and would find it offputting.

My only rule is no carbs with dinner, other than that I'm just trying to use my common sense. My food diary is open if anyone wants to look