Who is 5'1-5'2

Options

Replies

• Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and over 200, close to like 235...Heck, I dont know, but I am big! more than that I am unhealthy. I have started a green smoothie detox, doing this for 14 days, then adding soups and salads (all homemade) and working out 5 days a week, 2 with my trainer. IMy goal weight is 150, but i am sure that will change over the next year :) Good luck everyone!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Often times we cling to what certain experts say because we agree with it. This then becomes fact to us. I believe that there are many ways of achieving weightloss/Toning/whatever goals you want to achieve. I have been told that my approach will not work, but it has for me. I am not here to say what is or isn't right. I am just suggesting that perhaps conventional means work for conventional people and unconventional means may work for unconventional people.

and sometimes people just need to try things for themselves instead of just believing what they are told and I think thats great.

I am constantly experimenting on myself. I tried to put myself into starvation mode because I was curious as to what it would really take for ME, not the average person, but for ME. and it took 5 days in a row of less than 800 cals a day. I found this to be a little different than many expert opinons on the subject. Sometimes we just have to figure out things on our own, because for EVERY human scientific study that proves something, you can often find another study that discredits it.

Life is subject to interpretation
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and am 134lbs. My highest, besides at the end of my pregnancy, was 165. I lost 35lbs from May to the end of August by eating 1200 calories. My goal is 120lbs and I net 1300 calories a day. I try to be a clean eater, but I love my carbs too much! I just try to get my daily goals of protein, and H20. Until I became pregnant I weighed 115-120lbs, but topped my pregnancy off at 194 lbs by not eating healthy.

What does clean eating have to do with carbs? You can eat clean and eat carbs, they aren't mutually exclusive. quinoa, black beans, whole grain pasta, ezekiel bread.....all carbs and ALL HEALTHY!
    I understand that carbs are healthy and are an essential part of the diet. Eating clean does have to do with carbs when you continuously go over your goal amount and are continuously lacking on other essential vitamins and minerals.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and am 134lbs. My highest, besides at the end of my pregnancy, was 165. I lost 35lbs from May to the end of August by eating 1200 calories. My goal is 120lbs and I net 1300 calories a day. I try to be a clean eater, but I love my carbs too much! I just try to get my daily goals of protein, and H20. Until I became pregnant I weighed 115-120lbs, but topped my pregnancy off at 194 lbs by not eating healthy.

What does clean eating have to do with carbs? You can eat clean and eat carbs, they aren't mutually exclusive. quinoa, black beans, whole grain pasta, ezekiel bread.....all carbs and ALL HEALTHY!
    I understand that carbs are healthy and are an essential part of the diet. Eating clean does have to do with carbs when you continuously go over your goal amount and are continuously lacking on other essential vitamins and minerals.

My point is that it isn't UNclean just because you go over on carbs. If I eat sashimi one day, raw fish without rice, and go over on protein is that UNclean? I think you're probably a bit too hard on yourself in terms of what you view as clean eating and not.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    ^^ You can also gain muscle eating 1000-1200 calories a day apparently

Surprising enough yes. Back in 2010 when I did the body for life challenge at work I lost 4% body fat and 5-6 lbs of fat while maintaining the same weight (115). I was eating 1000 calories a day only, very strict, exercising for 20 min 6 days a week, and taking Sunday off of both the diet and the exercising. I went from the 22% body fat (accumulated from holiday goodies and my son was born towards the end of 2009 so I still had a little baby fat) all the way down to around 17.8% body fat. So I lost 5-6 pounds and weighed the same making a 5-6 pound muscle gain. If you can believe it or not all in 60 days. My husband beat me out and won the challenge loosing 5% body fat in 60 days gaining around 8 pounds of muscle. Crazy! If you see the guys on the body for life site a lot of them are ripped. I maintained that all the way through 2011 until I became pregnant again in January/February and then I only gained 24 pounds in my pregnancy but lost a lot of core muscle which happens when you are pregnant. So this time around I am REALLY trying to not gain much muscle but I already know I did because my weight staid steady a week and a ½ while my body fat % dropped a chunk a month ago which happens. Your body gains muscle a bit then loose fat a bit then gains muscle a bit and so on. I am sure I will gain like 3 pounds or so of muscle but that would be nice if that is it!
  • alexis831
    Options
    Often times we cling to what certain experts say because we agree with it. This then becomes fact to us. I believe that there are many ways of achieving weightloss/Toning/whatever goals you want to achieve. I have been told that my approach will not work, but it has for me. I am not here to say what is or isn't right. I am just suggesting that perhaps conventional means work for conventional people and unconventional means may work for unconventional people.

and sometimes people just need to try things for themselves instead of just believing what they are told and I think thats great.

I am constantly experimenting on myself. I tried to put myself into starvation mode because I was curious as to what it would really take for ME, not the average person, but for ME. and it took 5 days in a row of less than 800 cals a day. I found this to be a little different than many expert opinons on the subject. Sometimes we just have to figure out things on our own, because for EVERY human scientific study that proves something, you can often find another study that discredits it.

Life is subject to interpretation

SOOOO true! To each his own... because no two bodies are exactly alike!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    So I lost 5-6 pounds and weighed the same making a 5-6 pound muscle gain. If you can believe it or not all in 60 days.

I choose "not".
    NOT possible that you gained 5-6 pounds of muscle in 60 days eating 1000 calories.
    Just not.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    So I lost 5-6 pounds and weighed the same making a 5-6 pound muscle gain. If you can believe it or not all in 60 days.

I choose "not".
    NOT possible that you gained 5-6 pounds of muscle in 60 days eating 1000 calories.
    Just not.

I second that.

2-4 pounds in 12 weeks is FAST....you're talking 2/3 the time and 2x the gain. IMPOSSIBLE! Also, the sheer reality of eating 1000 calories is that you will surely NOT gain muscle, maintaining it would be a blessing on a starvation diet.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-much-muscle-can-you-gain/

http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/06/22/fit-or-fiction-how-long-does-it-take-to-gain-a-pound-of-muscle/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark38.htm
  • lizz11
    lizz11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5'1" - GW 130 - CW 157 - SW 170

My goal is to average net 1240 cals/day. I've been doing yoga 2-3 times/week and a cardio class 2-3 times/week. I always eat back my work out cals within the week if not on the same day. I've been at this since mid October - so far, so good!
  • FitnessDoll87
    FitnessDoll87 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Looks like my question started a good old fashion flame war....lol...

I guess in the end some people function differently...but I guess the way I see it...after a long workout...I'm hungry from depletion...So I'll eat because that's what my body is telling me...everything thing in moderation I suppose...
  • dictations
    Options
    5'1, GW: 100 lbs, I eat 1550-1750 calories per day. and burn off at least 500 per day.
  • zoronqueen
    zoronqueen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am also 147lb 5'2"... Starting p90x again. I did it 2 years ago, but didn't do the diet. didn't lose that much weight but did get down to a sz 7. I needed to eat 2400-3000, otherwise I wouldn't be able to work out 6 days a week...... Now I am a tight sz 10 and following the P90x diet will continue with 2400 but start with Phase I which is pretty much high protein.....
  • zoronqueen
    zoronqueen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in starvation diets. We are here to get fitter and P90x is certainly a good/cheap program. Comapred to trainers.... ect. Also my goal won't be to lose weight rather than to feel stronger and be able to wear smaller size clothing......
  • alexis831
    Options

I choose "not".
    Just not.

I second that.

2-4 pounds in 12 weeks is FAST....you're talking 2/3 the time and 2x the gain. IMPOSSIBLE! Also, the sheer reality of eating 1000 calories is that you will surely NOT gain muscle, maintaining it would be a blessing on a starvation diet.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-much-muscle-can-you-gain/

http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/06/22/fit-or-fiction-how-long-does-it-take-to-gain-a-pound-of-muscle/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark38.htm

Well I don't lie and again its completely possible. There are thousands of people on the body for life website who did the same thing. Not saying its the healthiest way to achieve ur goals but I just like the fast results. Its really sad when u reply to a poster who says something not entirely correct saying u shouldn't eat such and such calories is u r teying to loose 15 or less pounds
    because it won't work and here I am proof that it does work just fine and then people call me a liar??? Sounds like u just didt
    want to hear that it is in fact possible. But I am tired of debating and be called a liar so I am out.
  • mollymoo89
    Options
    bump!
  • avesoriano
    Options
    Im 5 flat. Thats the average height for filipinos. I miss
    My petite figure. I want to be 43-45 kilos
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Nice to see alot of other petite ladies on here :)

I'm 5'1".....my weight always hovers between 108-112lbs....which is fine by me! I'm looking to gain more lean muscle as well as tone up for summer. I'd kill for Carrie Undeerwoods legs! haha I eat 1200-1500 cals a day and try to eat clean with lots of protein.

I'm 5'2" and that's where my weight floats, too. I have a small frame and typically when I gain it all goes straight to my stomach! I'm not looking to lose so much as just tone and strengthen my muscles, especially in my abdomen. I don't eat perfectly, but I do try to stay away from the really bad stuff (never drink soda, stay away from fast food, etc) and I enjoy a wide variety of workouts!
  • alikat789
    alikat789 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2

SW 209 CW 205.8 GW 125lbs
    GW might change when i get closer to it...haven't been there since grade 7 or 8 or younger??! I try to eat clean, well try to limit the processed food. I love Zumba, soccer and Hot Yoga and starting to like Jillian Michael's DVD's. It's nice to read about everyone with similar height and weight. Feel free to add me.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and currently 63 kgs and aiming for 70+kgs :D
  • katieteetee
    katieteetee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im 5" 1/2 , and my goal weight is 45kg . I am built relativly thin however.. :)