Most annoying comments people make about dieting

Options

Replies

• jennifer2977
    Options
    Oh, and this one: 'you won't like us when you get all skinny'. WTH? Really? You've been my friends forever and I'm just all the sudden going to hate you? People are dumb sometimes.
  • claire7090
    Options
    "It's all very well losing weight but of course within six months you will have put it all back on again so there is no point in it really is there!"

This really annoys me and it seems to be a common thing my "friends" say to me!
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I usually get the ....

"Your too skinny, eat 10,000 of __insert bad food here__."

The worst one was...

"Are you still loosing weight, you look SICK in the face. But don't worry that's a compliment!" <-- from my aunt.

Ugh.
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    I HATE when people know you're watching what you eat, or whatever, and they are eating like a candy bar, or big ole piece of cake, and they look at you and are like "this is soooo good" trying to get a rise out of you. Ok, but I'm an adult and can refrain....if I choose to fit it into my calories for the day then I'll do that too. Or they say "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be eating this in front of you since you can't have it." I'm grown, that doesn't bother me...and yes, I CAN have it if I choose to.....!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    This isn't so much a comment as it was just offensive. Monday I was at work standing with a group of co-workers and I turned down some candy that a guy was handing out. I said no thank you I'm watching what I eat. He was ok with that but another guy in the group burst out laughing and spit on himself in the process. I asked him what was so funny and he said...Like you're ever going to be able to stick to that...followed by another burst of laughter. :mad:

....You left out the part where you graciously accepted the candy bar and jammed it right in his eye.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm one who will not eat ANYTHING till I have either tracked it on here, or have read the nutrition facts. I've gotten the "What are you doing?" I respond "Counting my calories and making sure I want to put this in my body." they will respond with and this is the annoying part "Isn't that a bit obsessive?"

If I don't feel like arguing, I just reply with ":) then I guess I'm obsessed with what I put in my body." but when it really gets to me I'll respond with "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the determined. I don't throw trash in my body anymore, and since I've stopped, my energy has improved and I feel better. You do with your body how you want and I'll do with mine how I want."
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    This isn't so much a comment as it was just offensive. Monday I was at work standing with a group of co-workers and I turned down some candy that a guy was handing out. I said no thank you I'm watching what I eat. He was ok with that but another guy in the group burst out laughing and spit on himself in the process. I asked him what was so funny and he said...Like you're ever going to be able to stick to that...followed by another burst of laughter. :mad:

....You left out the part where you graciously accepted the candy bar and jammed it right in his eye.

or a good kick to the growing would shut him up too. Just bring him down a few sizes lol.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Since this site gets to the truth of alot of diet/exercise myths, it's annoying to hear others talk about them as truths. It's not really worth it to try to get them to change their minds.
  • alohashley
    alohashley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mine is.... "you are skinny, you shouldnt have to watch what you eat".

Do people really think skinny people can eat everything and stay that way? I have a healthy body because I watch what I eat and exercise.

we only do this because we are jealous
  • alohashley
    Options
    I know this will confuse most people but it is troublesome for me.

My boyfriend telling me how great I look and telling me that he doesn't believe I have gained any weight when I am 5'2 and gained like 40lbs over the span of a couple of years! I know he is not allowed to tell me I am fat or anything because that would be just suicidal but helping me be realistic about my body image might be more beneficial to me.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

My boyfriend telling me how great I look and telling me that he doesn't believe I have gained any weight when I am 5'2 and gained like 40lbs over the span of a couple of years! I know he is not allowed to tell me I am fat or anything because that would be just suicidal but helping me be realistic about my body image might be more beneficial to me.

You're kidding right?
  • jennifer2977
    Options

So you want him to tell you that you're fat, but you don't want him to tell you your fat? I don't get it.
  • alohashley
    Options

So you want him to tell you that you're fat, but you don't want him to tell you your fat? I don't get it.

Yeah I am not right in the head
  • alohashley
    Options

You're kidding right?

yeah he is the best ever and I am a big mean monster,,, ;)
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Friend who is naturally a uk size 6 which I think is a size 2 in the states: "why are you losing weight? You're the curvy one! If you're skinny too guys won't look at me!"

I don't want to be a size 6 because i'd look sick and I have a boyfriend! Also are you implying because I'm fat I wouldn't get chatted up? B*tch please!

Colleague: "if you lose all that weight then i'll be the fattest one here"

She's my height (6ft) and naturally slim!!

Mam, "don't eat any carbs, chocolates or sweets and be careful you don't lose too much or you'll gain it back" and "you're exercising too much, you're knees will get damaged under all your weight!"

Mam I love you but shhhhhh!
  • maritenour
    maritenour Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    "you dont have to lose weight youre so beautiful inside and out"
  • SouthernBeauty89
    Options
    "You have such a stunning face just need your body to match it."

I'm a little over thirty pounds from my gw so guess i'll just be one hot lady at the lake this summer. :)
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    That's funny. The most annoying comment I get also comes from my mother, but its the completely opposite. All I hear is "Look at how skinny you are!". Just because I am not obese like all of my aunts, or have a huge stomach like my mother, doesn't mean I'm skinny. I have a good 30 pounds of FAT, and am a size 13. I don't think that qualifies for skinny at all. Hearing "you should eat more, look at how skinny you are getting".. when yous till have 30 pounds to go is sooooooooo annoying.

Omigod, I can SO relate! I am about the same size, and when I've been this size before, and I see my Grandmother, she calls me GAUNT of all things! Like I am turning into a skeleton!

Sheesh!
  • beckyannj
    beckyannj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Or when someone looks at what you are eating and says "is that part of your plan?"
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Friend who is naturally a uk size 6 which I think is a size 2 in the states: "why are you losing weight? You're the curvy one! If you're skinny too guys won't look at me!"

I don't want to be a size 6 because i'd look sick and I have a boyfriend! Also are you implying because I'm fat I wouldn't get chatted up? B*tch please!

Colleague: "if you lose all that weight then i'll be the fattest one here"

She's my height (6ft) and naturally slim!!

Mam, "don't eat any carbs, chocolates or sweets and be careful you don't lose too much or you'll gain it back" and "you're exercising too much, you're knees will get damaged under all your weight!"

Mam I love you but shhhhhh!

Sounds like a lot of people will view you as a big threat when you're thinner. Tough cookies for them!